Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blacksmith Thor's Strategy
Sharpay Offline
Fabulous

Blacksmith Thor's Strategy

SO I'm making a blacksmith, and I'd like to eventually level her at Thors. So I have a few questions.

1. What gear am I going to need?
I know I'll need a Pasana/Fire Wings. I have a welding mask, and I have Skin Tempering? or whatever that fire-resistant BS skill is called, so will I need a Jakk card as well?

2. What build should I be?
Considering Kasa's and Salamanders (those are the main monsters I'll be killing, right?) need a flee of 300+, should I be going VIT over AGI? Or do they spam skills often enough that it wont be a problem? I do know I'd like to have 110 str (99+11, with job bonus and BS buff) regardless of whether I'm VIT or AGI, but is that too much?

And should I get more INT than DEX? BS has maximize power, so dex isn't really necessary is it? These are the stats I have planned now:

99 + 11 STR
6 + 2 INT
87 + 7 AGI
40 + 12 DEX
1 + 6 VIT
1 + 2 LUK,

OR

99 + 11 STR
6 + 2 INT
1 + 7 AGI
40 + 12 DEX
87 + 6 VIT
1 + 2 LUK

3. What's my strategy?
What monsters AM I going after? I've obviously never been to Thor's so. xD Am I aiming for Kasa's/Salamanders? Just Kasa's? And... what is this "zone spawn" I hear of? Certain monsters in certain areas, like with Dark Frames?

And which is better, Thor 1 or Thor 3, and why?

Thanks for your help and patience.
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2009 12:32 AM by Sharpay.)
08-24-2009 12:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Blacksmith Thor's Strategy

mmm Kasa has reflect shield nowadays and Salamanders will probably hurt too much for a BS to bear, unless you're spamming fish like mad i guess.... Imps on the other hand...

anyway, it would probably be better if you can post what kind of equips you have access to. Fire wings + Eddga hat would be a good idea. A Jakk garment would also help imho. That leaves mid head, footgear, and 2 acc spots free. Thus you could go with evil/angel wing ears, 2 mantis rings, and a raggler footgear for 99+21 STR (i'm assuming +11 is from j50 bonus and loud exclamation). Why raggler instead of firelock? raggler gives +1 str and +1 vit, and taking into account the amount of str bonus you'll be getting from 2 mantis rings and the wing ears, making another +10 STR??better than another +11 as that extra 1 str would just be wasted... Another option would probably be getting 2 iron wrists or getting 2 safety rings and +% hp footgear cards isn't a bad idea and the +1 def and +1 STR from the wing ears means you could make the STR 98+12 and reallocate the points to other stats.

Personally i prefer vit to agi in this case. I understand you spending leftover points to int, but why is dex moderately low and not divisible by 5? IIRC BS gets a total of +20 hit from skills, so they may not necessarily need such high dex (definitely not for max weap damage). However, do remember that kasa needs a hit value of 215, Sala 166 and imps 172. So even if you start hitting thors at lv 90, you would need quite a bit of dex to get there. Thus a value of 48+12 or 58+12 dex would be much better imho...

as for strategy, i would imagine it to be something like this: fly wing (fw), fw, fw, fw, fw, fw, find a lone imp or kasa with no guardians around or other annoying mobs, mammo, mammo, mammo, fish (whenever necessary), mammo, mammo, get exp and drops, repeat...

i think you better stick to thors 1 or 2. Thors 3 would probably be too crazy imho...

-w-
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2009 01:33 AM by mahawirasd.)
08-24-2009 01:22 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

As BS you will lose more %'s than you can obtain trying to level at Thor.
Especially now with kasas reflect. They reflect the 13% of your dmg back to you, but kasas wont remain without attacking you, and kasas dmg its a bit high. For high-dmg-dealing you need a double handed axe, them have high atk.
A Diligent Hurricane Fury with water converter will be good. This exclude the Penomena card into shield. Totally exclude any type of shield.

A +9 double vadon, pecopeco egg, minorous orchish axe? Well, its expensive xD. And as mahawirasd said, you need a lot of hit for kasas. And salamander? No Way. Its very difficult survive 2 seconds when you are in close combat with it. Forget kasas and salamanders.

Imps will work good enough =)

As Blacksmith, get at least a Light Epsilon, mystcase hat, porcellio in toh\zodiac wings will be great, mutants and zenies, 91 base str, 60\70 base agi, at least 40 dex (max 50, more isnt useful), other point into vit and go mammoing anubises =D

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
08-24-2009 05:45 AM
Neuneck Offline
Back on the road!

Thors is a big no-go for most melee classes (only exceptions being asura champs and edp sinXs since they ohko), everything else just DIES! There are some High Priests that can tank Kasas, but even for them it's a hard time!
With a Light Epsilon you can also do Isis, Pasana is good xp and with a priest/high priest you can even try to do banshees in the 90s. Those is when you want to dps.
If you're ready to mammo spamm, anubis works fine (It's like 800-900 anubis to do 98->99 and you'll do like 4k dmg each mammo, so 9k zeny each anubis, adding up to 8 Mil in mammo just for the last level, another 8 to do 93 -> 98.... so only the 90s will eat up 16 mil zeny, not counting any fish you need to get your hp back and no deaths).
For the Daring: Go to Bashees, HF them into stun and mammo kill them. It'll be more expesive than Anubis, but you'll get some wools, which you can sell.

Mr Moe - 99/69 SinX
Mr Satch - 9x/6x Clown
Mr Power - Xx/Xx Whitesmith
Mr Strafe - 9x/50 Hunter - Coffee Break
Mr Heal - 9x/50 Priest
08-24-2009 06:43 AM
F.x Offline
Bob Lawblaw's Law Blog

O_O

im a WS, i had full fire protection gear (jakk,Fire-proof Valk, weldingmask,firearmor, and some other thing) but i still got 1 hit'd by Kasa's evil fire magic >.<

i dunno how other WSs manage to solo thor's.
so as a BS i dont suggest u even consider thor's
08-24-2009 07:17 AM
Sharpay Offline
Fabulous

Alright I did a few different scenarios and this is what I got:

With
96 + 14 STR
92 + 6 VIT
38 + 12 DEX
and 2 + 1 INT for the extra stat point,

using a
2x Fire 1x Demon 1x Small Orcish Axe with Water Endow
an Angel Wing Ears
a Khalitzburg Buckler
a Pasana Silk Robe
a Jakk Muffler
a Firelock Soldier Shoes
a Mystcase Hat
and 2x Iron Wrists,

it will take 6 Mammo's to kill an imp, which is 5.9k per imp.

It seems like level 2 would be my best bet, since all it has are 3 un-handle-able monsters which spawn at about 120 mins for the two guardians, and 300 mins for the salamander. Other than that, Kaho's are easy and there are enough imps for me to destroy. :]
08-24-2009 10:37 AM
Former-GM-Nara Offline
Nara-Oopsies™ since 2009

RE:??Blacksmith Thor's Strategy

Neuneck Wrote:Thors is a big no-go for most melee classes (only exceptions being asura champs and edp sinXs since they ohko), everything else just DIES!

That doesn't fully work either actually. Icon_biggrin' From what I know even if you 1 hit ko it you get hit back. Just because you killed it you still take the initial damage from the existing wall that was there.

After the SVN change Thors has become ranged only place. For a ws I wouldn't recommend it. There are other places like Ice Dun3, Odin3, Anubis etc, where ever a melee would have trained before Thors ever came out.

[Image: Meow_by_CriG.gif]
Fear the all mighty!
Review heRO RMS
heRO: Wiki ~ Forum ~ CP ~ Support ticket
08-24-2009 10:44 AM
Sharpay Offline
Fabulous

I've seen loads of melee classes on iRO do it. I don't see how heRO will be much different. Icon_razz And besides, level 2 looks easy.
08-24-2009 10:47 AM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

When I was in THors, I saw Indra on his BS knockin stuff in lvl 2. Id say, if you want to go anywhere, go to lvl 2. Imps give good exp, everything there does a bit basically. Imp cards are /rice on HeRO.

And theres a sala that spawns so you can get it 2.

Watch out for the gaurdians tho.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
08-24-2009 11:03 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

As long as you hotkey fly wing in floor 2, it's really not all that challenging. Getting to the map may be more problem than staying in floor 2. The "problem" is that usually trans go there since knocker gives much more job than base anyway.

As for melee classes in floor 1 against Imp and Kasa, either you fwing to pick only the imps, or you'll have to expect a lot of healing items to handle kasa if they use reflect shield. Trying to OHKO Kasa with melee skills is really not recommended.

08-24-2009 11:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply