Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PvP and You
Former-GM-Nara Offline
Nara-Oopsies™ since 2009

PvP and You

As things are getting finished and getting set up we've been looking on what to do with pvp. We'll be using basis of this thread for bday pvp tourney and potentially any other future events of similar style.

It's obvious that the pvpers want more competition, events etc. My question for you all is, what do YOU want to happen for pvp. What kind of pvp event style. What items/skills are to be allowed? How the outcome should be judged? Do you want it 1 on 1 or party vs party? I'm here to collect data from all of you Icon_biggrin.

Mind you all, this is a place for suggestions and opinions, I can't guarantee anything for sure that is suggested. I will post below things that have been decided etc.

[Image: Meow_by_CriG.gif]
Fear the all mighty!
Review heRO RMS
heRO: Wiki ~ Forum ~ CP ~ Support ticket
09-12-2009 07:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
~Altera~ Offline
I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MAH FINGERS

RE: PvP and You

There should really be a no pot room. No pots no fish, avoids all of the "YOU'RE FISHING CHEATER" and "what are you gonna do about it?" (still keep the room optional for potting too) Novice/First class PvP would be funny~

~Altera lvl 99/70 Sniper ~ : Altera lvl 9x/50 Wizard ~
Altera~ lvl 96/50 Sin ~ : ~Altera~ lvl 9x/6x High Priest ~
"heRO is a worthy server, that Altera doesn't deserve!"

[Image: basebelong-1.jpg]
09-12-2009 08:05 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Too bad the one fun pvp event that was also easily managed didn't even happen in the real heRO, but it took place in heRO's test server when heRO is switching over to a more powerful computer.

I don't think RO is ever designed for low number pvp at all... so team.

-4vs4 or higher seems ideal
-allow all items except ygg seed, ygg berry and any other item with that effect
-allow all skills
-use guild_v3 or bat_c01 (when that's added to our server) for location
-5 min should be long enough for each battle?
-woe laws in effect, if possible (though I think server can live without if it really can't be done)

Healing items are really fine as long as it's party setting... it's not so much that the healing items are broken, but the game itself is broken if you are playing FFA or low amount of players in a team... Less rules and item restrictions the easier for GMs to handle, script, and easier for players too so they don't have to mentally count if they will go over the limit in how many times they can use a certain skill too.

09-12-2009 08:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
~Altera~ Offline

Speaking of no-pot pvp, If I scripted something like that think we could implement it with @whosells?

09-12-2009 08:21 PM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

No healing items, if you can't rely on your High Priest to heal you, kick him. Thats my opinion though.

4 vs 4, or 5 vs 5. 1 vs 1 pvp is pretty retarded in RO as a tourney.

Bring back this or read again this thread

http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=9485

This thread, touched alot about pvp teams and mechanics.

And ofc nothing is garunteed, what did the previous thread about team pvp do?

Not a thing.

And really Ayu, why tell us something that happened in the test server? when, most of the active pvper's who could really contribute to this discussion arn't there?

Fun? Fun to you probably.

By the way, Active pvpers should reaaaaaaaaaly get into trying to get into the test server. If we don't want fail people testing something for us, we should test it ourselves.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
09-12-2009 08:22 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Public people did join it. real server was down for 2 days while people are allowed access to a temperate heRO high rate, which included a pvp tourney.

09-12-2009 08:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
~Altera~ Offline

(But about the no-heal PvP option)

09-12-2009 08:36 PM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

RE:??PvP and You

GM-Ayu Wrote:Public people did join it. real server was down for 2 days while people are allowed access to a temperate heRO high rate, which included a pvp tourney.

Your talking about THAT Tourney?

LOL?!!!!?
You think that was it? That was fun?
That could have been so much better no wonder most of the WoE guilds didn't bother to join it. I joined that one with some friends of mine but failed because I didn't get up early enough to lvl my HP.

Revenga and Teddie's crew came to that one if I remember, I know Revenga won it.

That is nothing, that would get PvP people jumping up and down for. (It didn't when it was announced, people might have joined, but it wasn't people that could wipe a pvp room with a stalker, or wipe the room with a paladin.)

Again, might have been fun for you, but when your talking about pvp, talk to the pvp community, the same people you see wipe Light Side or Dark Side with one char. The same people you want to see match up in ToH pvp.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
09-12-2009 09:36 PM
~Altera~ Offline

*points to last post*

09-12-2009 09:44 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

@ ~Altera~

It's not really my place to say as you'll probably be better off asking GM-Aki about it who can pass the message to GM-Pandora, or ask Pandora if she happens to be online.

@ Street

Thus the "too bad" part of my first post: because it's on a temperate server and not heRO main server. People are rushed to try to get everything in a few short hours, and even with the boosted rates, people are not even half way up to their optimal, ideal setup in levels or equip. It's not the setup of the tourney that caused low turn out, but the fact that it's just not the real server. Thus, don't blame the low turnout on the setup of that particular tournament~ It shares reasonable amount of resemblance to the ideas suggested in the thread that I made myself which I do remember its content (thus why in my first post in response to nara in this thread, I essentially quoted what was Nidsrule's proposal in my thread. It almost mirrors exactly what he said.)

As for reasons why we didn't remake that same tournament back on real server... rather not talk about it, so just say that it's GM-Ayu's fault.

09-12-2009 11:22 PM