Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help Buiding a Soul Linker <3
Gabihime Offline
Seraphic Diva

Help Buiding a Soul Linker <3

So I'm building my first Soul-linker, and I'm excited because the class seems so neat.??I love playing support and semi-support classes, so I'm pretty stoked.

I've pretty much decided on a Vit/Dex Hybrid bolter build as far as stats go, but I'm not quite sure how to build her skills.

How many levels of each of the skills are necessary to make them worth having???She's going to be supporting an Assassin (which will be her fabulous husband) almost exclusively (he's a natural critical katar assassin).??I'd like for her to be able to do some damage to back him up and also be able to cast her ka buffs on him.??We don't really do PVP or WoE at all, so we'll be doing PvM and MvP exclusively.??The assassin is already 80+ so I'll be doing a reasonable amount of leveling on my own to catch up to him (and if necessary, depending on the build, we can leech her with another character).

What kind of skill build on the Soul Linker side do you suggest?

Ok

Edit: What, I can't spell 'building' now? XD

Gabriel Marelle: FS Priestess - 9x/50
Gabriel Czerwonakowa: Esma Bolter SL - 99/50
Irahlem Marelle: Acid Demo Creator - 7x/3x
Jibreel Marelle: Service Dancer - 9x/50
Therese Chevalier: Duelist Knight - 9x/50
Rikku J. Cidolphus: Stealing All You've Got In Your
Pockets
-7x/4x

A Lovesong
of Rooks
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2009 03:12 PM by Gabihime.)
12-27-2009 03:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: Help Buiding a Soul Linker <3

Learn Esma and you realize that you got almost 0 options left anyway ._.; I say don't bother with too many links except for pre-reqs cause you can't get them to any satisfying level anyway. Assassin link is great but sounds like your husband isn't going to be spamming SB left and right? So I'm not sure if lv 5 sin link will be necessary... depends on your playing style there if you are suppose to be SP battery to use link and just refuel his SP (which IMHO isn't a smart choice... you'll realize that your own SP regen is *never* enough already, and certainly can't afford to give SP to someone else on top of it.)

Also depending on where you go and who you party with, kaizel is *NOT* a "must-get" skills. Usually, dying once for a soul linker generally means that you'll almost immediately die again the moment you revive, cause your SP is probably drained already. IMHO, only reason to get kaizel is to use it on the assassin instead...

Can consider kaupe lv 3 spam as it makes for funny tank for a flee tank XD

12-27-2009 06:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kirby_Z Offline
The Kirbster

Actually if the main reason for your soul Liker is to be in a party with a sin at all times, an AGI/STR linker is better for you and ditch Esma.

Am I nuts? Maybe, but a battle linker with Sin Spirit, Ka skills and a healing clip (or any other thing that grants the heal skill) can help more the sin than a SL that will run out SP often making the grinding tedious. I was once making such a SL but since I didn't find nobody to party with it I delete it.

STR-80
AGI-99
INT-38
DEX-30

Try to get a DoC (dagger of counter)
Sohee carded footgear
and whatever else you think can help.

PS if you are asking why such low dex, DoC pumps crit% to 91% so who needs dex with that?

Proud Member Of The Nya Nya Crew
[Image: nyanya.jpg][Image: 51000806.png]
Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social Non Woe Guild ‡†¥
12-27-2009 09:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gabihime Offline
Seraphic Diva

I noticed when doing a skill simulation that after you get Esma you have very few points left over Cry

I don't care to forego the bolting altogether, provided I can still support and do some damage to help, so I'll have to really think about that build using the Dagger of Counter. I don't have to worry about not having someone to play with, since we're actually married XDD

I was kind of put out at how few of the ka skills I could actually afford once I got bolt v_v I had never looked at the Prereqs in Soul Linker skills before.

And I was planning on letting her use my Shoes of Witch (Eggyra Shoes), a heal clip, and a Pupa Mantle until I can get her some fancier armor. I wasn't planning on being an SP battery, since he rarely spams Sonic Blow. That SP is all mine!

Pockets
-7x/4x

A Lovesong
of Rooks
12-28-2009 03:47 PM
Kirby_Z Offline
The Kirbster

Still Kaziel, Kaahi, Kaupe and Kaite will be of great help for Agi chars since the rare times you do get hit you will heal it back or if you happen to die and get ressed by Kaziel your flee will help you not to get killed before you heal back again. As a linker your DMG will surely sucks but at least is better than staying behind looking.

12-28-2009 05:46 PM
Gabihime Offline
Seraphic Diva

Okay, so I'm ready to start gaining my SL levels, and I've decided to try building around the DoC.

RMS seems to indicate that I can buy it from an NPC, but I can't find any more information on it than that. Can you buy it from an NPC, or do I need to find a vendor who has picked it up from a drop?

Pockets
-7x/4x

A Lovesong
of Rooks
12-29-2009 07:54 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

No it's not from any vendor. You have to get it off of Kiel (but a lot of champs should have them lying around uselessly.)

My main reason why I think DoC is pointless as you are partying a sin: you will both be melee then. The moment you hit a monster that's strong against melee, both of you are screwed at the same time. If you still go esma, then you can cover the melee resistant while the sin covers up the magic resistant monsters allowing you greater coverage. Yes DoC can crit to resist defense so technically nothing resists you, but some monsters are much more dangerous if you have to walk up to hit them. DoC's damage is so low compare to the sin or esma that you might as well play pure link slave to be even better at staying alive and supporting your friend (it's a pity.)

And as you said if your friend doesn't spam SB anyway, then you got plenty of SP to go for esma. Your only draw back is less links and buffs than you can compare to DoC, but now how many of them do you actually use...?

12-29-2009 09:49 PM
Kirby_Z Offline
The Kirbster

I just found a DoC for 300k and to think that I almost buy one for 1mil.

12-29-2009 10:11 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

psshh DoCs should be ~200k imho... easy to get and not enough ppl use it...

<3 my +7 DoC that my autocast sage uses... Ok

-w-
12-30-2009 02:34 AM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

I've played a DoC SL before, honestly it only gets good when you have a full party going on, and even then you are easily outshined in terms of usefulness. Full party buffs make for awesome attack speed and all, but without it, it is hardly worth while. Then again when I did have a linker that one time I just leveled via Esma spamming. It was more efficient. =x

12-30-2009 04:10 AM