Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ninja/Gunslinger Skill trees released!
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

RE: Ninja/Gunslinger Skill trees released!

i came across something a few days ago about alternate job for ninja is pirates or something. Icon_confused

is that for real or just a joke? i cannot remember where i read it. i stumbled across it when looking for guides on what ninjas can equip.

edit: hi panda (she is on at the time of edit)

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2006 12:26 PM by Rei Ayanami.)
09-14-2006 12:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

hi ^_^

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-14-2006 12:31 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

hrm pirates vs ninjas lol

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
09-14-2006 03:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

ninja sprite doesnt look great imo, they look blockish and fat.

i wonder what skills they (pirates) may have (if they exist), but it must have the parrot or monkey, the wooden leg and something along the line of "walk the plank" Icon_razz. any other than that it is a fail.Icon_lol

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
09-14-2006 10:02 PM
Torean Offline

I think I read the pirate thing too, but it was a player-made fictional class.
And I really hope that Ninja and Gunslinger will only be introduced when balanced. When I picked heRO to play on one of my main reasons was that those two are NOT implemented already.
I saw on my old server what only one unbalanced class can do to WoE and as I read them, these two sure seem not balanced yet. Apart from not being creative at all. It seems more like skills taken from the other classes (Mammonite for example) bundled together.
Ah well, we'll see eventually.
09-15-2006 05:41 AM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

thank you for clearing that up. Icon_wink

i was kinda confused by what possible skills a pirate could do. the names would certainly be comical as i imagine. the skills for other job class is stereotypical image of what they would do.

for example, knight with their lance/ sword/ etc, mages with their fireballs, priest and blessing, dancer... well this is obvious, and others.

anyways, i mean i can picture ninjas using shurikens and kunai, but what would pirates do? the stereotypical pirate makes ppl walk the plank with sharks below (or for some reason in a picture i saw a while back, sea monkeys with razor sharp teeth), buries treasure, hunt for maps, limps on a wooden leg and say "arr me harties"

i cannot picture gravity making a pirate class with skills named "get drunk", "bury treasure" (where you hide equips in the beach of comodo), "limping sea captain", or "polly wants a cracker" (makes parrot deal a huge damage, consumes a cookie/biscuit *if such item exists*)

Welcome to our world.
09-15-2006 08:12 AM
Torean Offline

Quote (without using the proper board function):

"polly wants a cracker" (makes parrot deal a huge damage, consumes a cookie/biscuit *if such item exists*)

I think that one just made my day. If I remember correctly, the pirate class was able to hire a parrot, similar to the hunter's falcon, which (the parrot, not the falcon, of course) had a skill to steal zeny from monsters.
And additionally the pirate was proposed to be able to wield a sword and a pistol at the same time and had some insane damage dealing skills.
What I thought of as a nice idea, that his/her quest skill was an improved ATK while standing in water.
09-15-2006 09:09 AM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

LOL, we can call it "Byebye Mr. Sparrow's" where a dinky little boat will suddenly apear and shoots a volley of cannon shots and for the final shot (the one that actually does damage) jack sparrow gets shot out of one of the cannon.

Welcome to our world.
09-15-2006 10:23 AM
Lance Offline
Dragon Lance - Hiya! Normal People!

Pirate doesn't stad a chance against a ninja ... what about a ninja pirate!!! Icon_eek
09-18-2006 09:08 PM