Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Food Talk
Nima ^^ Offline
I'm confused

Food Talk

So as most of you know, I am a pastry chef IRL. I love creating new and interesting flavor combinations. Tell me some crazy, but good flavor combinations you have tried.

For example:
Grilled cheese with bacon and apples
Doritos and peanutbutter sandwiches
sweet potato and marshmallows

Those are just a few, and if I like your ideas who knows I may make a dessert using those flavors. No1

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird. When we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.
01-22-2010 01:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE: Food Talk

That is cheating! Everything goes good with bacon!

...I love food. D:

01-22-2010 01:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Icey Offline
How 'bout no?

^
+1

Icey-Tea~ | 7x/4x | Sniper
Amelia Windrunner | 9x/50 | Hunter
Scarlet Heartstrings | 4x/3x | Merch

Find 'Jez' on main if you need me.
01-22-2010 01:20 AM
Nima ^^ Offline
I'm confused

Not true Manifus, my friends and I made bacon flavored rum once it was pretty nasty ><

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird. When we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.
01-22-2010 01:32 AM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE:??Food Talk

Nima ^^ Wrote:Not true Manifus, my friends and I made bacon flavored rum once it was pretty nasty ><

Then you obviously didn't use enough bacon! Then again, rum kinda sucks in my opinion.... Still, add more bacon to Rum ratio! <3

01-22-2010 01:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

1. vanilla ice cream and french fries...
sweet and salty... so simple and somehow gross but i gotta say works out in some weird way...

2. fried apples with cinnamon powder and vanilla ice cream.
might sound "regular" to you, but what i'm saying here is the un-battered version. Last i tried i used washington red apples. When you fry it, the skin becomes a bit bitter but contrasts nicely with the fried apple meat.

apples are always a good way to give an acidic flavor to meat items. The green apples usually make the best pies. Steep them in cinnamon water for at least a day and voila.

3. I would love to be able to try making a bacon-wrapped marshmallows fried in beer batter.

4. beer pudding?

5. crispy marshmallow with lemon-infused melted chocolate dip?
(use the water as well as the zest)

gah i can imagine so many crazy combos it's making me hungry... if only i had easy access to the materials.... Cry

wanna switch jobs? Laugh

-w-
01-22-2010 02:21 AM
Nima ^^ Offline
I'm confused

@Mahawirasd

1. I agree on the ice cream and fries, if you havent tried it I suggest that you go to wendys and get a frosty with some fries.

2.I have made apple walnut wontons and I served them with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream.

3. The Bacon wrapped marshmallows would be messy XD

and no you cant switch jobs with me =p

01-23-2010 01:06 AM
Sepharius Offline
:3

RE:??Food Talk

Nima ^^ Wrote:1. I agree on the ice cream and fries, if you havent tried it I suggest that you go to wendys and get a frosty with some fries.

Is this actually good? I have a Wendys across the street, so I'm just wondering.

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
01-23-2010 01:25 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

yes it is Caff, yes it is...

-w-
01-23-2010 01:58 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I've always liked putting Worschestershire (spelling?) sauce (it usually goes on steaks or in steak marinades) on my White Rice. Sorta started using that because I couldn't read and we ran out of soy. =x
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2010 03:14 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
01-23-2010 02:37 AM