Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is WoE on heRO accessible?
Snapplewee Offline
¥Snapple¥

RE:??Is WoE on heRO accessible?

Aaronock Wrote:But playing Diablo like clones such as RO are about discovering things on your own :x

Players should find their own tricks to making money and establishing themselves in the market.??These forums people can read, I don't have to go in game and tell them this stuff.??

People should do a lot of things. Steer them in the right direction. Take pride in knowing you didn't need the help.

I'd like to see what you actually think about whether or not you think WoE is accessible
01-24-2010 06:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Is WoE on heRO accessible?

It is, just you will need at least a year to be able to make any sort of impact on the WoE scene. GR's are not necessary but definitely awesome to have against guilds and what not but ReVe proved in the past its always skill with good gears that makes a guild good.

But honestly who wants to wait a year to make an impact on WoE? Because there isn't a certainty your server will be around a year later, there is a reason why 99/70 midrates are becoming more popular to be on.

I still propose heRO change droprates to 5x to match the exp rate of 5x. Or heck I actually agreed with Krim changing rates to 10x or we can meet halfway at 7x. Slightly higher rates will attract people to come to heRO more along with increasing items entering the market and allowing it to be easier to get said items to newer players who need it most.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-24-2010 06:27 PM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

It's accessible but the ghostrings are an issue. A lot of ''damage'' classes used in common woes are nerfed here vs old guilds due to the amount of ghostrings held by the members of the said guilds. The ghostrings wouldn't be an issue if new members could obtain them the same way old members did but that is not the case.

Another aspect is the fact there's more ''social'' players here then people interested in woe. It's hard to raise a competitive woe guild when you can't get players who are willing to invest all the farming required for woe material (cwhites, blue pots, etc....)

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
01-24-2010 10:03 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

You still have WS and Sinx and LK who can easily use converters+Cursed Waters. Champion can still make a huge impact on woe, he will have to just use more than Asura Strike on any target he sees. Creator might have to use Plants or Homunc more while supporting their team with aid potion and aid condenced potion.

The GR's in the other guilds make it HARDER but not impossible. I WoE'd on a stalker without GR almost every War, I say I did just fine without it. ;O

I say it creates a lot of thought when fighting other teams to learn who uses those GR's and from there working to make sure you can beat those people.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-24-2010 10:26 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Accept death as a natural part of the game...

Strange to Namin? that some people back in Sir Aaronock's guild seemed to be easily discouraged by dying within war... Perhaps there are certain secrets beyond what Namin?'s mind can grasp, yet does the control panel having a death counter, reporting what is usually a 3 digit number, not tip off everyone within this game that dying is well expected? Though to the little that Namin? knows, most other games certainly do not expect death as such a common day occasion, but the mind simply must adapt no matter for PvM or PvP, that death or even being one-shotted, is an every day occasion in this game...

To those discouraged by dying, perhaps Namin? may rudely suggest that this is the wrong game to play then...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
01-24-2010 10:28 PM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

Gojira Wrote:The ghostrings wouldn't be an issue if new members could obtain them the same way old members did but that is not the case.

Heck, I want you all to get the Gring how I did, off the actual mob. ;p
Those OCA grings hurt us old guys too ya know.

Namine Wrote:Accept death as a natural part of the game...

To those discouraged by dying, perhaps Namin? may rudely suggest that this is the wrong game to play then...

I think it is more than just mere death that discourages people Namin?, but the statistical chance of success or progress as it is seems insurmountable to the average player in an immediate gratification manor which they have grown accustomed to.

01-24-2010 10:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
n3xus Offline

i think it's not exactly laziness that is the problem.??the landscape has changed on hero.??what i mean is... back when the server started most of the guilds were woe-centric.??most players' main chars were in woe guilds.??alts were used to farm for their main chars or in some cases, farm for the guild itself.??there were very few mains in social guilds, if there were even any at all.??the playerbase was also mostly comprised of highly-skilled, experienced individuals and end-game to them was indeed woe.??

flash-forward to today, where that's mostly been reversed.??the number of social guilds severely outnumber the number of woe guilds.??same goes for players' main chars.??before, the main char was in the woe guild.??nowadays, some people make a char for woe purposes (which is not their main) only.

veterans can't really motivate new players to have the woe mentality when end-game for them is to pvm, mvp, or make friends/socialize.??they have to decide it for themselves.??

it's just a different environment from what we as woe/pvp'ers are used to.??remember:??don't hate da playa', hate da game!??Icon_twisted

[Image: asdfnx.jpg]
01-25-2010 01:30 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

very nice thread No1

well imho it's up to people who care about good fights like Aaron and Rev... go team up yo!

imho WOE is accessible. There seems to be a niche WOE scene that's still not touched so much by most WOE-going ppl namely non trans. It's accessible because it seems ppl here like their GRs in valk armors and although i'm in BS and yes i think i did WOE once and so i know not too many ppl play and i doubt proxyt or corp has GRs for their non trans... but i dunno, i might be wrong...

so yeah, if you wanna WOE, why don't start with non-trans?

-w-
01-25-2010 04:02 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

n3xus Wrote:the number of social guilds severely outnumber the number of woe guilds. same goes for players' main chars. before, the main char was in the woe guild. nowadays, some people make a char for woe purposes (which is not their main) only.

...Because the server advertise too many "custom hats" and not enough "custum pvp content" on banners imo :x

---> Competitive people are not the target audience for this server and that is basicly the root of the problem

Competitive people don't wan't to join a server "to become a hero" and do questing, they join a server to pwn t3h nubs and get fast action and they are not getting that here

Solution:

1) R...
2) Rates to 15/15/15/3 (last number for mvp cards)
3)
A) More gms motivated to create content about pvp, like new pvp maps, pvp battleground and stuff instead of X number of new custum quests each month
B) More rewards for pvp content
4) Change the banners to advertise the server as a competitive server and not as a "lol-online-chat-room-with-wingsNhats"
5) Balance the custom items (wings!)

Also, we need more t-baging and less "lets play nice" on forum, or at least have a section for that. People should be proud of what they accomplish in pvp/woe and definitly brag about it. Remember, this is a game. We don't play games to act like we would irl. We play games to grow our e-peen! ?_?

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
01-27-2010 01:44 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:A) More gms motivated to create content about pvp, like new pvp maps, pvp battleground and stuff instead of X number of new custum quests each month

Current problem with that is not the lack of incoming PvP content. It's the lack of testers so that we can get it fully tested and out onto the server.

*insert join Test and Dev team plug here*

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

01-27-2010 01:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply