Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Changes to WoE
Merellis Offline
Honor Bound

RE: Changes to WoE

No, you can get the ingredients, at a low chance from the chests. From my understanding, when you have all the ingredients for one you can trade them for the item with a GM.

[Image: b.png]
Azul 9x/6x Champ
Tagnikzur 9x/6x High Priest
Cornelius 7x/4x SWiz
01-26-2010 12:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

The god items have always been "available" on heRO. The quest was taken out because the byproduct of the quest (ice picks for everyone, etc) were deemed a bit overkill for a small server (still not sure I agree on this, but what's done is done).

So, yes, the chests already drop god item ingredients (thought any castle can spawn any other castle's chests - so it makes the whole process much more random than usual). And yes, you can make god items right now (though, to my knowledge, no one has yet) if you collect all the normally required ingredients and contact the GMs (as far as I know).

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
01-26-2010 12:45 PM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

How about a trans castle per town, put access to GDs back to the respective towns (allow Rach and Yuno in all 4), stick town specific god item material drops back in to their respective city, and call it a day?

If the bigger guilds want to risk the defense of a 100 eco castle at the last minute, just take some smaller guilds castle, then so be it. Smaller guild just needs to get more people to hitlock those that can just breeze through a precast. Nobodies invincible, everyone dies... eventually.

---

My only opinion on nontrans is to just drop it. *shrugs

---

God items, at this point in the server life, will make negligible impact on WoE and PvM. Double Meg SB may sting a bit more (and then laugh as you reflect it back in their face), but it's not like people aren't already one-shotting and annihilating everyone else in 2 seconds anyways.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
01-26-2010 01:05 PM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Your suggestion would make 6 castles though Ultima, don't you consider that a lot?

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
01-26-2010 01:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Opening 1-2 More castles will actually increase WoE competition potentially.

Yep, surprise surprise I was one of those people in support of the two castle downgrade months ago, but now I think I'll change my mind.??I'll try to explain as best as I can my change in position from months ago to the best of my ability as a player now who does not really go to war very seriously anymore.??I still have the gears and supply necessary to do so if I wish.??I occasionally fly into WoE simply to meet a precast of 20+ guild members and alliances and die, normally I fling joke insults/comments before this since its all in good fun.??I do not help any guild within woe, however I have no issues partying with members from any guild to get what I want or need.??With that let me begin with my points.

I speculate there would be at least a different guild holding the new castle every week.??Remember ReVe and Aesthetic do WoE but in the current WoE situation I do not think they will ever hold Geff or Prontera.??We have lost several guilds in the past year even which has tightened up where people go even more.??With a third castle, those displeased in their guilds may feel more tempted to leave and make their own mark in another guild together.??This is creating competition of course and even if small groups war in whatever the new castle is we at least again have real aggression.??Most people in high eco castles aren't going to leave them unless given good reason to do so, which is what doing a small change to guild dungeons just might do.??If you want to go even harsher to guilds, make it where one guild can only hold one castle at a time.??Not impossible to program as I've seen it done on other servers.??Force people to only be allowed to have 1 alliance, and we might even have some thinking done before just allying any new competition that might be on the server.

I'm going to agree with Jen, let's unrandomize the chests a tad, but put the god items that spawn in one of that town's castles in the castle of the time, put the guild dungeons back to where they belong (and add WoE 2.0 dungeons to each since we would have no other access otherwise) and boom bada bing you're done.??If GM's want to go a step further, they can make sure chests that spawn stuff like Wools or Tidals or Divine Clothes go to different castles.

I don't care about the status of God Items that much, but it will add a lot more power to the guild who has it.??No doubt it will be shared in mvping and war, but if people are actually worth two salts they'll deal with it pretty well at this point.??

About the God Items quest with the ice picks, you wouldn't be able to get more ice picks into the economy till a god item did get made at the end of it right???So the worst that will happen from it is 50 ice picks get into the server...which could be a good thing overall as some of those surely will get sold or slotted and broken anyway.?? Don't care if we add God Items quests back in or not in other words.??

About non trans woe: it seems pretty much I ask the same question as I did many months ago, why does it exist?

Anyway I think I touched on most points made, if I missed any tell me I'll try to comment on them. I took a bit to respond to this topic because I had to think how best to put everything down without coming off like an idiot. XD

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-26-2010 01:35 PM
Snapplewee Offline
¥Snapple¥

I've read this thread and I am going to respond; but I need to shower!
01-26-2010 01:40 PM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

RE:??Changes to WoE

GM-Aki Wrote:Your suggestion would make 6 castles though Ultima, don't you consider that a lot?

Er... well I meant have one, not open one in towns that already have one. My bad. Killing off nontrans would make 4, one for Payon, Prontera, Geffen, and Aldebaran.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
01-26-2010 01:47 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Oh I forgot to mention if people would even want to own Geffen castle at all since its guild dungeon sucks so much to make sure some sort of item thingy goes in there similar to the other castles. As it stands now the MvP's there might be the only reason to want to own Geff for its guild dungeon.

It kind of sucks in the updates that none of the special monsters in geffen dungeon got any good drops, and their cards are pretty crappy too.

01-26-2010 02:27 PM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

RE:??Changes to WoE

Aaronock Wrote:I took a bit to respond to this topic because I had to think how best to put everything down without coming off like an idiot. XD

Well written, gives me more to ponder Sweat

Snapplewee Wrote:I've read this thread and I am going to respond; but I need to shower!

Yes, only clean people respond please Icon_razz

Ultima_Pi Wrote:How about a trans castle per town, put access to GDs back to the respective towns (allow Rach and Yuno in all 4), stick town specific god item material drops back in to their respective city, and call it a day?

T_T I'm the one who miss read Icon_sad I thought you meant the new dungeons opened as well in Rach and Yuno, not just accessible from the 4 original.

So most everyone is more for opening all 4 castles than lowering the number? My little inner voice keeps saying its going to have the reverse effect though :[ I don't like that

Another question, Aki is Icon_confused What item thingy?

Aaronock Wrote:Oh I forgot to mention if people would even want to own Geffen castle at all since its guild dungeon sucks so much to make sure some sort of item thingy goes in there similar to the other castles.

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
01-26-2010 03:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

The guild dungeons in last SVN were souped up with new drops, however seems Geffen was left behind in this update and received none of the items (I blame iRO). I propose that some sort of special item would drop there so as to give it more appeal to own Geffen.

01-26-2010 03:43 PM