Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Changes to WoE
exwing Offline
Ex

RE: Changes to WoE

To Namine: GR only affect a small percent of players, and that would again fall under "knowing how to play your charter". The use of the elemental chart is pretty useless and just takes up space on a topic that isn't going to use this information. If you want to talk about how to counter things, you should make a another topic. Taking into account as well, that you have little to no combat experience in woe/pvp, I really don't think you should really get into something you don't know much about, less you have been fighting under an alias or have plenty of experience from another guild/server. Then by all means, continue with your lesson and the relevance of this monster elemental chart.
01-26-2010 10:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

Cool trollin' bro.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
01-26-2010 10:52 PM
exwing Offline
Ex

RE:??Changes to WoE

takhara Wrote:Just...after reading all this, I thought of a small suggestion...

How about, if more castles are opened, guilds that own a castle at the time not be allowed to take them? Is this even a feasible suggestion?

I'm positive if it is, more immediate competition will result from it.

Sure it is, until they make another extension guild filled with a few charters that are allied to said main guild, still lead under same the leader(s), now not only do they have the chance to take another castle, but they can recall as well, all while staying inside the rule's. Most big guilds have 1-3 extension guilds for parking or watching over their usable roster, these guilds are all ready to go and leveled up, filled with charters that are on stand by. I myself own 2x recall ready guilds that just sit there. and I'm not even a guild leader. Good try, but that just won't work seeing as there is normally a legit loop hole to any given rule.
01-26-2010 10:58 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

takhara Wrote:Though, I know from experience that larger guilds will usually make a smaller guild of their own members, with non-trans, and very well geared non-trans at that, characters- especially for monopolizing the non-trans castles they can't normally take.

^This.

Yeah, I understand your point, and I knew someone'd bring it up after I said that.

Even then, there are ways to enforce any rule.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
01-26-2010 11:14 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

1. i am mostly PvE/PvM. and yes Megs are dreamy items for a monk such as i. It's gamebreaking as now Herman would probably be able to do a 1.5-2 M asura instead of just 1M if he got hold of one (or two!)Laugh

but OK, perhaps the server is "old enough". But i'm still ambivalent about 50 ice picks getting into the market... sure it would be a good way to bring prices down, and they do make emp breaking slightly easier i suppose... but still just the thought of that sudden influx makes me cringe a bit... hell i'll probably make a WS just to farm geffenia and ice dungeon if i ever got one...

2. what aaronock said about guild dungeons... i currently am a member of BS. I asked to be taxed so that i won't feel bad about not being to WOE yet still get access to guild dungeons. I farm soft feathers, maya purples, dopple, and eddga. the geffen guild dungeon has nothing of interest for me. Even after SVN, what was good to hunt was skel gens and gajomart (payon) and caterpillars and leib olmai (prontera) as well as ancient worm and giant hornet (aldebaran)... geffen really did get the short shrift...

3. i would like to re-iterate that IF what you're thinking of is spicing up WOE for the newcomers then i'm quite sure the way to go is to open up more non-trans castles as opposed to trans woe because of the lower barrier of entry. IF...

-w-
01-26-2010 11:40 PM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

mahawirasd Wrote:3. i would like to re-iterate that IF what you're thinking of is spicing up WOE for the newcomers then i'm quite sure the way to go is to open up more non-trans castles as opposed to trans woe because of the lower barrier of entry. IF...

-w-

Would just like to interject a moment to bring up an aspect about this.

Perhaps the barrier of entry will be lower for brand new people, it still has the problem that it creates a restraint on those that want to WoE and still continue level progression. While you are giving incentive for non trans to WoE, you are also placing a barrier for them to trans, since that would halt their capability for continuing to WoE past that point to an extent.

01-26-2010 11:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

i understand completely about your interjection, that's why on my first post i said: "if it works, then it's could be easily replicated for trans WOE"...

my main reservation is similar to what others have said regarding multiple castle sittings... simply opening "so many that it overloads the big guild's ability to hold" sounds a bit naive imho... I've not WOEd enough here i know, but my previous server is an official F2P PVP server idRO (indonesia) and they opened ALL the castles. What happened was one guild dominated most of the castles... 2nd reason why i left that server... so imho limiting WOE in view of population like what HeRO does is a good thing...

-w-
01-26-2010 11:58 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: ??Changes to WoE

exwing Wrote:In the end the Leader(s) of the guild are what make it or break it in terms of going to war.

I suppose I can agree with you there, especially considering I only started WoEing on this server because of you (whether you knew that or not) when I was in LW.??Love

EDIT: As for the Ghostring thing, I see no reason to change how they work at all (unless of course heRO completely embraces renewal, when it's ready).??GR is not a "make it or break it" gear.??Guess what happens when you wear GR???You get Frozen/SCed and then not only are you NOT Ghost element but you're even more defenseless than someone wearing Marc because they know they can either a) force neutral you to death based on the insanely obvious freeze/sc graphic or b) abuse the fact that you are very obviously water/earth property.

Oh, but what about GTB users, you say???Frost Joke (or just the fact that someone wearing GT+GTB is obviously NOT wearing elemental armor and can be easily killed with non-forced neutral damage).??

GR doesn't end anything - it just makes Creators and Champs, the ones who like to think of WoE as a solo e-peen measuring stick, cry.??Good teamwork > GR.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2010 12:30 AM by azurerogue.)
01-27-2010 12:27 AM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

I like to dispell spam people with GTB which forces them to put it on then order a sinx to EDP them Icon_biggrin yay no cranial.

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
01-27-2010 12:46 AM
Snapplewee Offline
¥Snapple¥

GR is generally used in the debate because of its effects. Yes, there are 1000000x ways to counter a GR, but that isn't the point.

The point is that GR is a hard to come by armor and is game changing (not breaking). It does cause a considerable amount of strategy change. And then when you're dealing with 4-6 of them....you can see how this goes.

I believe other than castles opening, the only other option to "change" WoE is player side. I think shoving more stuff on the GM's really just gives players someone else to blame other than themselves if it doesn't go well.
01-27-2010 10:45 AM