Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Directory Pages on HeROwiki
Gabihime Offline
Seraphic Diva

Directory Pages on HeROwiki

I know I don't need anyone's permission to edit HeROwiki to add information, but I just wanted to run this by everyone and make sure this level of editing to the structure would be all right.

HeROwiki would be a lot easier to navigate if it used category and directory pages.??It's a built in feature of the wikitext system, you just need to put in the tag for them Icon_smile??I use them on my own information wiki and they're super useful for navigating and finding things that you need.

This is an example of what I'm talking about.

As you can see, you can also have sub-categories of categories, which are also directories.

We could have Custom Quests | Allegiance Quests for example or Custom Gears | Special Gears.

All of these pages are special pages that are auto-generating once you give the information to the system.??The tag for putting something into a category like this goes like this:

Code:
[[Category:Characters|Gabriel]]
[[Category:Seraphim|Gabriel]]

Where Characters and Seraphim are the names of two categories to which this page belongs, and Gabriel is the name which this page appears under.??Seraphim is a sub-category of Characters, which is in turn a sub-category of World.??You can make a category page into a sub-category by adding this code to the bottom of the page:

Code:
[[Category:Characters]]

Which will make the category Seraphim into a sub-category of the category Characters.

You can see this all at work on this page.

Gabriel Marelle: FS Priestess - 9x/50
Gabriel Czerwonakowa: Esma Bolter SL - 99/50
Irahlem Marelle: Acid Demo Creator - 7x/3x
Jibreel Marelle: Service Dancer - 9x/50
Therese Chevalier: Duelist Knight - 9x/50
Rikku J. Cidolphus: Stealing All You've Got In Your
Pockets
-7x/4x

A Lovesong
of Rooks
01-30-2010 08:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: Directory Pages on HeROwiki

Technically yes we can do it but then I'm personally kinda busy already and I was never skilled in the wiki to begin with. I had to learn from scratch while being tech-blind and tech-illiterate (was originally done by 2 other GMs, but then they both left so someone had to take up the bat...)

01-31-2010 03:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gabihime Offline
Seraphic Diva

I don't mind tagging the pages (or at least tagging a lot of them, I can't promise how quickly I'll get them all done XD). I'm used to using wikitext, like I said. I just wanted to make sure it was all right for me to do something like that before I started doing it XD

Gabriel Marelle: FS Priestess - 9x/50
Gabriel Czerwonakowa: Esma Bolter SL - 99/50
Irahlem Marelle: Acid Demo Creator - 7x/3x
Jibreel Marelle: Service Dancer - 9x/50
Therese Chevalier: Duelist Knight - 9x/50
Rikku J. Cidolphus: Stealing All You've Got In Your
Pockets
-7x/4x

A Lovesong
of Rooks
01-31-2010 09:12 AM
Emerald Offline

If I knew anything of wikilingo I'd be adding everything I knew, but don't know the formatting X.x;;

In the meantime, a Table of Contents would be awesome.

——¤——
W E A P O N
02-02-2010 09:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE:??Directory Pages on HeROwiki

Emerald Wrote:In the meantime, a Table of Contents would be awesome.

Pretty sure that's what the first page is for, as that's the closest thing wikis have compare to "table of content" ._.; Pages are grouped there by common themes under those major headings there.

Or suppose you can say that's part of categories, which are also divided according to the sections they are linked from on the first page anyway.

02-02-2010 06:05 PM