Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ragnarok DS
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE:??Ragnarok DS

Iced Blue Wrote:I feel so behind XD The game does move fast tho. **Just made her guild**

Woots you can do it!

As for getting friend status, it is relative to how many kills you get while someone is in your party, so level and exp of monsters is irrelevant.

Perhaps, but you said that they have an advantage, however, that advantage only makes them better than sword knights, which goes along with the point, that assassins more or less suck in this game compared to the other melee classes in this game.

Personally I went str, dex, agi. Which let me rip through things with sonic blow. Think the highest damage I saw with that was about 2.5k fully buffed.
Problem is that it can be SP intensive, and unlike this RO, the aspd is scaled back so very very much (more like what it will be like with renewal mechanics) so even with max agi I would only get about 160 aspd? Yeah, skill spamming for the win. ;x

With the excepting of the last boss in MT, since he has high vit.

Oh! And I hate stabbers, only for the very reason that they absolutely suck on monsters with no vit. It slows down progress whenever you are unlucky and get 'defeat all monsters' and since you can't change gear it is very irksome. Also hate position lag in that game, even more so than regular RO. =(

03-13-2010 02:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Ragnarok DS

position lag is very beneficial in this game. if you know the pattern of the monsters then you can easily avoid all damage, making agi or vit almost obsolete.

and yea, stabbers do suck on no vit monsters, but then again, it's acting just like an ice pick would in this RO. also, i don't know why but i was already near 160 aspd with around 50 agi using a katar. dual wielding on the other hand, yea only around 160 with max agi.

also, agi and luk is the way to go with assassins as crit damage far outweighs normal damage and is far more useful than skills are with assassins, save for possibly giga slave where that can be real damaging with the right set up. *read on gamefaqs message board about a guy there doing 11k giga slave damage*

oh and i just got the megingjard or however it's spelled lol from the taekwon quest for it. and yea, it makes things a bit broken lol. i duped it with a bongun card in it so i have two megings with bongun cards equipped to my TKM and can do between 2.5 and 3.5k damage to enemies in MT. of course i also have around 75 str 30 vit and 24 int for sp recovery and i'm pretty well good to go.
03-13-2010 04:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

Frogboy Wrote:position lag is very beneficial in this game. if you know the pattern of the monsters then you can easily avoid all damage, making agi or vit almost obsolete.

and yea, stabbers do suck on no vit monsters, but then again, it's acting just like an ice pick would in this RO. also, i don't know why but i was already near 160 aspd with around 50 agi using a katar. dual wielding on the other hand, yea only around 160 with max agi.

also, agi and luk is the way to go with assassins as crit damage far outweighs normal damage and is far more useful than skills are with assassins, save for possibly giga slave where that can be real damaging with the right set up. *read on gamefaqs message board about a guy there doing 11k giga slave damage*

oh and i just got the megingjard or however it's spelled lol from the taekwon quest for it. and yea, it makes things a bit broken lol. i duped it with a bongun card in it so i have two megings with bongun cards equipped to my TKM and can do between 2.5 and 3.5k damage to enemies in MT. of course i also have around 75 str 30 vit and 24 int for sp recovery and i'm pretty well good to go.

Owl barons + position lag = hate.
Also I have a priest back-up for my MT runs so I never have to worry about getting hit (for when I do get hit, which is rarely).

Um, stabbers ARE Ice Picks. A lot of the gear in this game has been renamed, this is especially seen with some of the katars.
(Legbone of Ghoul is actually katar of quaking, death knife is actually legbone of ghoul, etc.)

SB spam gives you the equivalent of about 180 aspd give or take, which so far as I've seen on Assassin is most efficient for speed killing at lower levels/gear/rebirths, I mean, the double attack and crit stacking is nice, but to get to a point in which you can build that effectively jut doesn't seem worth it (Meaning if you want to be awesome with crit be ready to pour a hundred of two hours into this game). The only play I can see crit being viable, (which can also be done with any def peircing weapons, is the last boss in MT...which I just auto attacked with gloria till it died. (This was before I got my [4] Jahamdar or hoodlum cards mind you.)

Btw, haven't seen Giga slave yet since I hate how the NPC characters build, especially thief class ones. How many hits does that do? Btw, when I said 2.5k SB damage, I meant 'per hit', not overall. Just to clarify. Though my STR was pretty low at the time compared to what it can be. :T

Let us see, 99 + 10 agi got me to 166 aspd unbuffed, of course that is without max job level, and checking right now I'm only 53/30 on this guy.
Or pure agi gear, though in this game STR seems to be full of win. Imagine with max dex it could also go above 170, however that is a lof of stat points.

Assassins have a purpose, but other classes can fulfill that purpose more efficiently, if that is your thing. Still like playing them though.

03-13-2010 04:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

Both Giga Slave and Cyclone have only one hit, they just hit differently.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
03-13-2010 07:10 PM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

Fyrus Carmin Wrote:Both Giga Slave and Cyclone have only one hit, they just hit differently.

Okay so 11k isn't that impressive then. :x

I was screwing around with other classes, tried pokeknight, and at level 40 I was hitting for 1.5k a tick with pierce with a basic unslotted pole axe and mostly dex. Can't wait to get that phree brocca now! >.<

That made me sad.

03-13-2010 07:19 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

interesting about the legbone of ghoul, as i have a few in guild storage, actually named legbone of ghoul, and a separate katar of quaking. i haven't gotten the other one yet.

and no 11k isn't all that much, but i'm not sure of that person's build either and what gears they had.

i figure that gears play a major role in damage calc like they do here, especially with types of weapons, though the weapon typing is rather strange. assassin daggers are like dark type, but really their affinity is blind, which does horrible damage to drainliars, familiars, tarou, etc that are of that dark/blind affinity.

also, as far as damage goes, my TKM after i got the two meging and used two bongun cards in them was dealing like i said over 2.5k damage to enemies while running was active and using counter kick. depending on the enemy (most notably mimics) that damage was over 4k. the biggest challenge with TKs is figuring out elemental types and whether they're solar, lunar, or stellar type for the respective wraths. the way i see it though, small would be solar, medium lunar, and large stellar, but i'm not sure if it is consistant with that formula or not.

also, as far as the npc's go, i'm not particular about them, as i'll be the one doing most of the killing anyway, which i should start working on my merch and getting him to friend status for his spirit quest. then again i don't really have that many gears for merchant type, but hey, that's alright.

i solo MT and it's not bad really. i've made it to hydrolancer once, and probably could have beat him but i lost focus and died. again using position lag to my advantage and being able to "dodge" the attack and strike back at nearly the same time. of course that's why i'd want to use dual stabbers on him as my damage would be up to about 500+ without crit. and crit build isn't hard to achieve either especially if you use slotted crit rings and a katar weapon. of course, the best katar i have right now is a two slotted katar called katar.
03-14-2010 03:30 AM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

Frogboy Wrote:interesting about the legbone of ghoul, as i have a few in guild storage, actually named legbone of ghoul, and a separate katar of quaking. i haven't gotten the other one yet.

and no 11k isn't all that much, but i'm not sure of that person's build either and what gears they had.

i figure that gears play a major role in damage calc like they do here, especially with types of weapons, though the weapon typing is rather strange. assassin daggers are like dark type, but really their affinity is blind, which does horrible damage to drainliars, familiars, tarou, etc that are of that dark/blind affinity.

also, as far as damage goes, my TKM after i got the two meging and used two bongun cards in them was dealing like i said over 2.5k damage to enemies while running was active and using counter kick. depending on the enemy (most notably mimics) that damage was over 4k. the biggest challenge with TKs is figuring out elemental types and whether they're solar, lunar, or stellar type for the respective wraths. the way i see it though, small would be solar, medium lunar, and large stellar, but i'm not sure if it is consistant with that formula or not.

also, as far as the npc's go, i'm not particular about them, as i'll be the one doing most of the killing anyway, which i should start working on my merch and getting him to friend status for his spirit quest. then again i don't really have that many gears for merchant type, but hey, that's alright.

i solo MT and it's not bad really. i've made it to hydrolancer once, and probably could have beat him but i lost focus and died. again using position lag to my advantage and being able to "dodge" the attack and strike back at nearly the same time. of course that's why i'd want to use dual stabbers on him as my damage would be up to about 500+ without crit. and crit build isn't hard to achieve either especially if you use slotted crit rings and a katar weapon. of course, the best katar i have right now is a two slotted katar called katar.

If you check legbone of ghoul is actually earth type, which I found funny.

Blind is the equivalent of dark, jsut another one of the name changes.

I figure all of the mechanics in this game are based on renewal and take them accordingly, hence you get the most benefit out of level 4 weapons since +dmg cards and such rely on your base str if I rememeber right.

Just as a reminder, mimics have pretty much no vit, so all you really need to rape them is enough hit. I take it counter kick only hits once?

If I remember right the sun, moon, and stars skills are predetermined, and can be examined if you have a wizard with sense (or whatever it is called here).

Biggest problem with that is when you have them set to support, it is all fine and dandy being a dps, but when you have an incompetent support class (especially early game) it causes much aggravation.

Honestly most bosses are easier than the maps leading to them, with the exception of the lass boss, which is the only real challenge in MT.
Btw, when you say position lag do you mean when monsters stop and attack in which you can move out of the way? Or do you mean when they randomly start jumping around the map becoming near impossible to hit?
Because if you mean the first one, that isn't position lag, that is just...the game. In which case Juking is simple as long as you aren't relying on a multi attack skill.

The only way to get 2 slotted crit rings is to dupe, and it still fails in comparison to the Megingjard. Also I Jahamdar is slightly better than a katar, though most if not all the best weapons are better than store bought crap. Btw, if you increase your weapon vender rating in one of the towns you can buy a [3] katar.

I just found out my wireless network doesn't support the DS wifi, I am sad. =(

03-14-2010 05:13 PM
ShadowValentine Offline
Spero Dum Spiro.

Someone explain to me how I can get slotted Megs and this Stabber thingy? o.o And is Stabber slotted?

Søren Kierkegaard Wrote:And when the hourglass has run out, the hourglass of temporality, when the noise of secular life has grown silent and its restlessness or ineffectual activism has come to an end, when everything around you is still, as it is in eternity, then eternity asks you and every individual in these millions and millions about only one thing: whether you have lived in despair or not.
03-14-2010 07:17 PM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

ShadowValentine Wrote:Someone explain to me how I can get slotted Megs and this Stabber thingy? o.o And is Stabber slotted?

Slotted meg you can get from either a quest in Juno inn as a tk j40 or a TKM, or you can find it in Mirage Tower.

Stabber you can get from Zherlthsh non slotted, or a slotted (I got a [4] slotted one) from MT as well.

03-14-2010 07:27 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

wow, i only got a 1 slot stabber =/ anyway, yea, i still prefer my dual dagger build rather than katar build for my assassin, though i will probably be going merchant class soon once i've got the blacksmith spirit.

we'll see though, maybe i'll play other classes, but i just don't want to take the time to find out the sun, moon, stars orientations lol.

also yes it's only one hit, but it's quite spammable, like nearly instant skill use, so it's still very abusable lol

currently working on my merchant's friend status
03-15-2010 02:20 AM