Poll: Would you get a heRO/RO T-shirt if available?
Oh Yeah!
Hell No!
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
heRO T-Shirts
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

RE: heRO T-Shirts

I'd donate for cookies alone /rice;

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
04-11-2010 06:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Brownies > Cookies. Ok

I'm wondering if this doesn't overstep the boundaries of copyright infringement, though. We're already infringing by just running the server, yes; but then you'd be making money off of material items with copyrighted information on them (whether it's the HeRO drops, "Ragnarok", or even "RO"). Thinking

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
04-11-2010 06:46 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

If you could find some totally original way to make a t-shirt relating to HeRo, without it having any 'infringing' keywords, or images...would it be fine then?

If...theres anything that could be used for it. In any case, I'd like a t-shirt plox.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
04-11-2010 07:26 PM
Former-GM-Nara Offline
Nara-Oopsies™ since 2009

I can look into it but in general, its money to be put back into the server. Think like the TV station PBS, its run by the viewers and such. All in all its a 'non-profit' profit that gets funded back into the server's costs.

[Image: Meow_by_CriG.gif]
Fear the all mighty!
Review heRO RMS
heRO: Wiki ~ Forum ~ CP ~ Support ticket
04-11-2010 07:36 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Really, it's all on shaky ground, though.??I never like to cite the illegality of this [or any private RO] server - and I never have publicly in the three years I've been here (you can call it paranoia) - but we are [and then would be] using these non-profits to fund a server which - for all intents and purposes - is illegal to run.

However, I do believe Gravity does not have a post here in America outside of L5 Games.??As such they need to go through a lot of diplomatics to have anything done.??I'm not sure how Canada works with laws, but here in America we just don't care.??If we took an American p2p product and offered it up for free against the original developer's wishes we'd be prosecuted.??However, they're Korean so we don't care.??=p

It's the same thing with foreign countries reverse-engineering our products and then selling them for super cheap.??Done in America it would be illegal, but since it's in, say, Vietnam it is out of our jurisdiction.??Ok

So, it's illegal but out of the jurisdiction of its country of origin.??When was the last time anyone heard of Gravity suing some kid for running his own private server anyway???It's been a few years since I've heard anything, personally.

Honestly, I think we're okay.??I'd just like you guys to have it in mind since I don't want Panda having every paycheck garnished for the rest of her life; and I doubt anyone else does as well.??Icon_razz

04-11-2010 08:22 PM
Revenant Offline
Shadow of Nobody

My dad works in wholesale clothing manufacturing. The real cost of a t-shirt is usually only ?2 (Maybe around $4?); the selling price is usually determined by brand name. The amount of money in the business is ridiculous.

Also; the only private RO server to get a cease & desist letter received it as its name was incredibly similar to an official server's name, meaning it was stealing hits from search engines. Gravity really doesn't care for the most part, and is also known for stealing custom content for official use. An eye for an eye.

We want YOU!.. in Testing & Development. PM GM-Circe to join.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2010 08:48 PM by Revenant.)
04-11-2010 08:46 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE:??heRO T-Shirts

Revenant Wrote:Gravity ... is also known for stealing custom content for official use. An eye for an eye.

lmao?-?I wasn't aware of the other facts you stated, but this one was hilarious.??xD

Well, I figured we were okay since we and Canada are out of Korea's jurisdiction; but if what you say is true then we should be just fine.??No1

04-11-2010 09:01 PM
Former-GM-Nara Offline
Nara-Oopsies™ since 2009

In all honesty, a 'shirt' doesn't cost much. But its the cost of actually silk screening that is ridiculously expensive but it gets cheaper per shirt with a higher quantity ordered at once.

It's a known fact that kRO takes from Private servers, not just gears but custom maps as well. To the point where they don't even change the file names. I also saw on a whine thread that they left the 'from this person' tag in the sprite form too.

[Image: Meow_by_CriG.gif]
Fear the all mighty!
Review heRO RMS
heRO: Wiki ~ Forum ~ CP ~ Support ticket
04-11-2010 09:22 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE:??heRO T-Shirts

GM-Nara Wrote:To the point where they don't even change the file names. I also saw on a whine thread that they left the 'from this person' tag in the sprite form too.

XDDDD

Wow - RO has changed so much while I've been gone! xD

04-11-2010 09:27 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Anyway gravity will die within 2 years. The competition is much more feroce in the mmorpg world than it was 5 years ago. Gravity should have 'tried' to sue eathena years ago. Or bought it. Would have been a good investment imo.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
04-11-2010 09:30 PM