Psithief Offline

RE: Grimtooth Mobbing

Rangarok Online is just coded badly.

I used to play here a long time ago.
07-05-2010 10:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zanna Offline

Technically it becomes their mobs, but at that point it generally just becomes an issue of being good/bad mannered. Not sure of it's punishable if someone purposely follows you to wait for your hide, but I'd say that you should definitely still try to report it.

Generally it's not TOO much of an issue unless it's a leveling spot densely populated by players (because unless you can wipe out the mob in a few seconds, it's not something u should be grimtoothing since they'll just start spreading out soon anyway), but the beauty of Grimtooth is that it allows you to go to a variety of places to mob.

EDIT: At the same time, for all the sins out there, don't be a dick about things; YOU DON'T HAVE TO LITERALLY MOB THE ENTIRE MAP in order to get exp - if there are other people around grab the mobs that are within a local part of the map and then kill it.

It's not only a matter of the mobs not respawning until they die (which means no one else gets to kill any) but also if you kill a HUGE amount of mobs all at once there's a high chance that they'll spawn in places where people didn't expect, which causes a lot of grief in the end.
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2010 02:52 PM by Zanna.)
07-13-2010 02:49 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

If I'm by myself, I try and grab up monsters until I am walking for a few seconds without getting another. Proceed to kill, warp/move elsewhere and start over. I do sometimes mob an entire map if I'm sure I'm by myself, just for funsies, to see how much exp I can get in one big kill.

If I do run into someone by some chance, I try and give them back what was theirs, or try my best to kill whats mine and drop the rest on em. Sometimes people just run off if their mob retargets, which is cool too(More exp, wee).

All my random b-s aside, I think if you're hiding and hitting the targets they are still considered your monsters, regardless of them retargeting to someone.

If you purposely hide to kill while they target someone, that is a no-no, but if they run by and cause them to mob onto them it should be considered mob stealing+ks'ing (if they kill them).

Then again, if you're somewhere it doesn't take but x amount of grimtooths to kill, you should probably go to another map.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
07-13-2010 03:06 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

RE:??Grimtooth Mobbing

GM-Circe Wrote:If you hide, and the mob aggros onto someone else, you lose the mob.
They hold aggro now, and hence, the rights to it.

This also prevents sins purposely dropping their mobs onto people to keep them in line for when they GT.

As for the Sight/Detection of anyone outside of PvP/WoE, that is most definitely against the rules.
TPC mentioned the rule that covers this.

Quote:Do not purposely kill other players outside of PvP/GvG enabled map via any means.

This not only covers dragging mobs onto others to kill them, but also ruining their hide.

Needing to requote this, as players are providing answers to the contrary.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

07-13-2010 09:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

Sorry if I spoke against the rule by accident, but I feel as long as you're hitting the monster its yours granted you had it first with your grimtooth.

Just sayin'.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
07-13-2010 10:17 PM
TPC Offline
I like pie

Yeah, what you're saying circe goes against common sense. Its should be who's engaging the monster, not specifically who its aggro on.

Take plants and mushrooms for example, they're not aggro on me if I'm attacking them, but it should still be KS for someone else to attack them (and thats how its been in the past).

Or another example, in moscovia if someone is leveling a mage with low dex and takes forever to cast fire bolt, if he started casting fire bolt on a monster and the other player saw the cast he shouldn't be able to just go kill the monster even tought the attack hasn't hit yet, but the monster won't be aggro on the caster until the bolts hit.

Saying that aggro as required for a monster being "yours" would be open to so much abuse. Especially since its easy to steal aggro for some popular mobbing places just by walking past the other persons mob.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2010 11:47 PM by TPC.)
07-13-2010 11:43 PM