Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Music
Sheepdude Offline

Music

I am trying to become a music artist, mostly creating electronic and trance music. I have quite a few unfinished projects and things, but I have one finished song which I feel is decent.

Brandon Scott Williams - The Fifth Element

I compose my songs with Propellerhead Reason 3.0. I was wondering if any of you mess around with music synthesis/sequencing programs. Any tips? Any ideas? How do you create your music? I'm fairly new to this and I have no musical education, so I'm interested to hear what you have to say about creating music.

[Image: signature.jpg]
04-25-2006 07:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jman212 Offline

RE: Music

FRESSHHH!!! was that like those rave music thingies?! where people overdose on ecstacy and die?Icon_twisted i like it nice sheepIcon_biggrin

IGetMoney~LoA Forever.
[Image: LoAcopy.jpg]
04-26-2006 07:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sheepdude Offline

xD! I guess you could say that, although I've never thought of it that way. Although, there is a profound difference between rave and trance..rave is usually crappy.

04-27-2006 12:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jubei Offline
Chairman

when you produce some beats and submit them to Adult Swim and see if they'll play your music during their bumps Icon_biggrin

[Image: hl101.jpg]
04-27-2006 01:04 AM
jman212 Offline

AHHhhh hahah..i wouldnt know the differenceIcon_cool

IGetMoney~LoA Forever.
[Image: LoAcopy.jpg]
04-27-2006 10:03 AM
Sheepdude Offline

Number 2

It's not often that I make and release a full-length song, but here's one for you guys.

Brandon Scott Williams - Taste the Rain

05-29-2006 10:07 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

man that's good stuff.Icon_eek my only beef is that some of the same riffs are used too repitively, it's a little bit chafing at certain moments. Icon_mad

Icon_confusedi'm really shocked that you don't have any conventional music education. You don't know any notes scales etcetera? That's appalling. Even if it's something electric, learn to play something. Yikes.

But you've got a knack for arranging sounds and i respect that.Icon_cool In fact i used to do a little tinkering with the music editor Acid Pro. But think what you could do with just some rudimentary music theory.

I'd recommend Finale! when you become interested in writing your own music.Icon_idea

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2006 10:37 PM by Motenai_Ronin.)
05-29-2006 10:36 PM
Sheepdude Offline

We have Finale! on the computers in my music tech class. I haven't used it much, but yeah, it is neat that it can show you the actual notes on the staff, among other things.

And even though I have no music education, I have taught myself scales and chords and such and am continuing to learn... I am 17 after all, hopefully I can just get better as I grow.

Thanks for taking time to listen Icon_biggrin

05-30-2006 05:08 PM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

I have finale too T_T Its so fun to use... I once wrote this omg handkiller for the piano on it once for oneof the games I was developing.. and the woodwing part seemed lung killer...yeah...orchestras needed Icon_razz
Its a great program though, should help you a lot :3

05-30-2006 05:17 PM
Syonyde Offline
Stalker of Judgement

These songs are nucking futs. I really enjoyed them, and I find it quite interesting that you have no formal music education. I sure as hell couldn't do it with my 3 years of band. XP
05-31-2006 08:33 AM