Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about downloading the client
Asakuranami Offline
Art provider for heRO

Question Question about downloading the client

Hello everyone, I'm new here and after looking around the forum, reading the guides and stuff, I decided I'd like to download heRO and become part of the community, as you all seem very nice people =) The thing is I have one huge doubt, how should I install it?

I already have the kRO and the Renewal installed, but I have another client (which I didn't like after all, too many bugs and the server goes down all the time) but as instructed when I downloaded it, I installed it in the same folder as the RO, and now I don't know which files are from the client and which are not Sweat

The thing is I looked around this forum and found a thread by a guy who had the same question as me, and you guys told him to either download the full client, or to put heRO in another directory. I don't want to download the full client again as I already have it installed and my net is quite slow and takes almost 6 hours (if I'm lucky) to download it all. I'd prefer downloading just the client, but how should I do it? Make another directory? And that will work? =( I don't want to mess anything up, and I really really want to play heRO.

Any help, please? Oh, and nice to meet you =)
Thanks in advance! (and sorry for the HUGE post)

Nami
10-21-2010 05:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shikari Offline
Br?

RE: Question about downloading the client

Sometimes it works, you could try it. However Hero doesnt use the Renewal client so that might be an issue. Also yea, make it in a new folder, increases chances of it working =o

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
10-21-2010 06:06 PM
Asakuranami Offline
Art provider for heRO

Okay, thanks for the reply, I'm downloading the client and I hope everything goes fine. If it goes wrong... well, all I can think about is deleting the whole RO and downloading your full client but omg... just thinking about that gives me a headache Cry

Thanks again =) If anyone else knows something about this please tell me, I'm still on time before messing everything even more XDD
10-21-2010 07:08 PM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

Honestly, i downloaded the game from ragray during the begining of this year, i think it's the begining of the whole renewal thing. To prevent the game to somewhat go hay wire and have to redownload for 8 hours(/swtIcon_wink, i'd kept another copy in another flash disk. I used the mini installer on the folder and everything's fine and nothing'd gone wrong yet. If anything were to go nuts, all i have to do is delete, copy, mini installer, repatch.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
10-21-2010 07:42 PM
Asakuranami Offline
Art provider for heRO

That's what I should have done if I had been smarter, but nooooo me is dumb and I installed the other client in the same folder OTL If I could know which are the RO files and which are the client's I would make a copy, but I don't know, so now they're mixed =~=

Btw, my RO is also that Ragray one, and the download lasted 6-7 hours, it was horrible... That's why I'm trying to prevent doing that again if possible. If not... well, I still want to play heRO so I'll do it, but if I can find a nicer solution then I'd be VERY glad xD

Thanks for the reply Ngjoko =)

[Image: randomimages.pl?username=Asakura92]

Art shop -> Kura's Art shop (bribe shop)
Timezone: GMT+1 (+6 server hour)
(Yes, the signature changes every time you refresh the page ~)
10-21-2010 07:49 PM
GT-Hiro Offline
Shadow Drifter

The main files you'll want to get rid of are the neoncube file that holds the patch number, a folder who's name escapes me at the moment that contains to patcher info, and there is one more file that contains what grf data to read. Replace those with HeRO's that is is included with the lite installer. Also make sure to have the hero.grf in the RO folder too XD

GT-BlackHiro, GT-WhiteHiro, GT-ShadowHiro, GT-Destiny

Quote:A Lost Soul drifting though the voids of Eternal
Darkness
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2010 08:33 PM by GT-Hiro.)
10-21-2010 08:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Asakuranami Offline
Art provider for heRO

Eeeeh... okay I'm getting confused LOL
I had an idea, I made a screencap of the folder so you guys (who OBVIOUSLY know a lot more about this than me) can tell me which goes where. I blacked the other server's name just in case it goes agains that rule against publicity (though it's not, in fact I'm trying to get rid of it LOL)

Thanks again to all of you who have replied so far, and in advance to those who maybe will Love With your help I may be able to join heRO soon TuT <3

The screencap:
Be a hero and help this little damsel in distress D:

10-21-2010 08:41 PM
GT-Hiro Offline
Shadow Drifter

Iirc, Neoncube.file contains the patch number, you can get rid of that and replace it with HeRO's. Also, it was either Neoncube or PatchClient that held the patcher data, which I remember off the top of my head and I can't access my files at work Sweat If no one know's exactly, I'll either edit this post or post again when I get home XD

As for the grf files, the only ones that are important are hero.grf (Hero), sdata.grf (Sakray, optional), rdata.grf (renewal), and data.grf (RO)

GT-BlackHiro, GT-WhiteHiro, GT-ShadowHiro, GT-Destiny

Quote:A Lost Soul drifting though the voids of Eternal
Darkness
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2010 08:50 PM by GT-Hiro.)
10-21-2010 08:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Asakuranami Offline
Art provider for heRO

Hahaha it's ok! You're helping a lot! Love
Anyway it's late where I live, I'm going to have to bed pretty soon, so I'll leave the installation for tomorrow. No hurry =) If you find something then tell me please, I'll be eternally grateful XD Thanks a bunch <33 You really are a "hiro" No1

10-21-2010 08:51 PM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

suggestion
download the full instaler and let it be while u sleeping and pray it finished the moment u wake up~~
(this is my way to download massive sized of file)
10-21-2010 09:54 PM