Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Patch list parse error
Thrilling Offline

Patch list parse error

Hello,
I'm new to the server. I've downloaded the full client from your download page. Whenever i open the patch program, i get the following error, even before it starts patching:

Patch list parse error (expected non-zero patch number), around "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLICK"-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">

I've tried playing by using the hero.exe directly, but the game crashes as i enter prontera from the newbie area. i believe that's because my client isn't patched.

Any help?
10-22-2010 06:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Salt Offline

RE: Patch list parse error

Hi.

Thats a problem a few people have been having lately. We're not sure exactly what causes it, but we're trying to figure it out. In the meantime, for the others the patching worked when they waited a while, so you could just try again later.
10-22-2010 10:34 AM
Former-GM-Nara Offline
Nara-Oopsies™ since 2009

Do you have another server installed? If they use the same patcher we do it can trigger this problem, try installing heRO in its own folder, or copy your current folder and re-install the small installer.

[Image: Meow_by_CriG.gif]
Fear the all mighty!
Review heRO RMS
heRO: Wiki ~ Forum ~ CP ~ Support ticket
10-22-2010 10:41 AM
Thrilling Offline

it's downloading the patch now, without any error message. i have no idea what triggered this, i changed nothing consciously. computers. thanks for the replies
10-22-2010 11:00 AM