Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ToH: Saturday, November 20th 2010 at 11:00 AM (EST)
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

RE: ToH: Saturday, November 20th 2010 at 11:00 AM (EST)

Will ToH restart after the server is back up? I would really like to participate for once in my life on this server.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
11-20-2010 04:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Nara Offline
Nara-Oopsies™ since 2009

No, but due to the problem and it going boom for several hours right as mass pvp was to start, we have decided to award both sides mass pvp points for just this month.

Aside the incident I hope you all enjoyed this months TOH and didn't find it too easy or impossible.

If you are curious about the theme I chose, it was based on holidays of this months or special events:

Alarm (Save the Light) Day light savings
Tamruan (Forever Soldiers) Veteran's Day
Gryphon (Turkey's Revenger) Turkey day
Cat o' Nine (Remember Me) Guy Fawkes Day
Banshee Master (I love Cookies onomnom) Cookie monster's birthday

[Image: Meow_by_CriG.gif]
Fear the all mighty!
Review heRO RMS
heRO: Wiki ~ Forum ~ CP ~ Support ticket
11-20-2010 07:13 PM
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

Mulberry it's for the best. Icon_biggrin Maybe the next one you can and should enter, but not this one. Maybe the one after that, but don't worry about it right away. Icon_biggrin

And yes thank you for that Nara, clever indeed.

I do what I can.
"*gasp* You have HOW many of that item?"
I'm freaking Kalain baby. Accept no substitutes.

Kalain - Lord Knight 99/69
Bomoke - Blacksmith - 8x/4x

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
(To everyone. I haven't been on much, and I didn't really give much of a goodbye because I've been in contact with some people. Do message me on Yahoo or MSN if you like. I'll come back..just not ready yet.)
11-20-2010 08:50 PM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

no one got waper discount this month
11-20-2010 11:59 PM
Trapper Offline

RE:??ToH: Saturday, November 20th 2010 at 11:00 AM (EST)

GM-Nara Wrote:Alarm (Save the Light) Day light savings
Tamruan (Forever Soldiers) Veteran's Day
Gryphon (Turkey's Revenger) Turkey day
Cat o' Nine (Remember Me) Guy Fawkes Day
Banshee Master (I love Cookies onomnom) Cookie monster's birthday

So this time all monsters were damn 2 easy 2 kill.Sweat
Like a walk in the Park.
There Should have been Some monsters who Could nuke all Classes.Icon_biggrin

AFK From Game.
11-21-2010 03:00 AM
Firenza Offline

Easy? I disagree. The 5th level OHKOed me with the DSS. I don't think many people could do that level without an ED(or bathory?) armor... But my RO knowledge is lacking so I could be wrong.

@Nara: Awesome stuff with the theme!
11-21-2010 04:10 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

5th level is meant to kill and only a very small amount can even survive it, let alone kill it. The fact that the most common pvm armor can wall off that unit completely down to its normal attack only, makes it a relatively easy monster for 5th round, compare to older likes of bio units who will OHKO but their OHKO spell cannot be walled by any armor of convenient access.

(not to mention, it's also greatly biased against casters again with not 1 but 3 banshee, but their super low def/vulnerability to trap then DS to pick off 1 banshee slave first, and 1 vit for essentially guaranteed stun/silence makes them cakewalk for everyone else. Gryphon being high wind is also mage murder, and tamruan takes half dmg from spell's forced elemental, again with higher mdef than physical def by significant mount. Tamruan was quite a difficult round unless mages are prepared with pest/sasquatch armor to throw their bodies out to help with speeding up the process of getting rid of that shadow property. Cat o has a huge mdef too but fire elemental certainly neutralized it so that was good news to the casters~)

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2010 04:28 AM by Namine.)
11-21-2010 04:26 AM
Firenza Offline

ED armor is THAT common? Dear me I'm way behind in terms of equipment then Icon_sad
11-21-2010 06:09 AM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

Probably meant Bathory.

Looking at the mobs, I have to agree that this ToH was even more unbalanced towards physical classes, discouraging the mages way more than usual.

A half-moron with not even decent gear, just a lot of pots can waltz through while mage has to be more than fairly skilled and high end equipped.

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2010 07:33 AM by Jens.)
11-21-2010 07:29 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Round 3 on Gryphons...that's 5 of them in 2 mins for mages? Jeezus, I could do that round 4 no probs, but I'd be pushing it in round 3 hoping to god as a prof my double casting imps+web are one shotting each of them. That's putting me up to lady luck being on my side (which with double cast it WILL pick the worst moments to not activate). But hell that's just insane I'd need that much gear to pass it when a hunter or knight can finish it in seconds with minimal gear.

Don't even get me started on Tams, that's even worse for lady luck to be on my side with FD and SC.

Alarms can't be one shotted either by profs with normal gears, no idea if Amped SG would handle it either.

I still wonder do you guys read those ToH polls you give us? Because it feels like your not when you pull out ToH's like these. Definitely easy for the melee classes, crea, and sniper, but hellishly near impossible for Mages to complete.

Please just outright ban mage class from ToH. While you're at it, ban the priest class unless they are battle build using a custom hat (mystcase hat) to go with it. This will actually make it so these players don't wind up wasting 3-6 hours of their lives trying to make it through.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-21-2010 09:18 AM