Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ToH: Saturday, November 20th 2010 at 11:00 AM (EST)
Former-GM-Nara Offline
Nara-Oopsies™ since 2009

RE: ToH: Saturday, November 20th 2010 at 11:00 AM (EST)

You where not even there and yet you complain Icon_razz

I'll be quite honest, I've long ago have not thought of the mage class. They are just not meant as a solo class, period. If they where a solo class, gravi wouldn't have made it most of its monsters with a mid to higher mdef. If you made a toh to have it ok for mages and priests you'd make it too easy for most. Unfortunately one can't accustom every class for every toh though I do try to include a demon/undead type for 1 round.

With this TOH I was trying to make things hard, plain and simple, I specifically chose several of the monsters because of their ability to mob you, hense for snipers to be dropped and peco men to tank it out. Unfortunately, nothing ever goes as planed but with every round there was at least a 75% success rate aside round 3 and 5, but the final boss is what it is a final boss. Its not meant for everyone to pass it and toh is not meant to be easy. Certain classes will never out beat others in pvm solo.

[Image: Meow_by_CriG.gif]
Fear the all mighty!
Review heRO RMS
heRO: Wiki ~ Forum ~ CP ~ Support ticket
11-21-2010 01:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I can assure you Nara I can take on most monsters in pvm even with high mdef due to staff of piercing.??Its elemental resist from dark and holy that kills mage class, not mdef. ;D

Yes its fine to make things hard, but you guys all consistently make this extremely hard on mage class. This isn't about lack of skill, this is about lack of time given. In all seriousness, I could probably complete most runs of monsters given in ToH if given an extra minute. Then again we'd argue that others could too...so whatever.

Mages aren't losing due to lack of skill, they are losing due to high shadow/holy monsters instead. There are only one to two high poison monsters so this barely affects them.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2010 02:15 PM by Aaronock.)
11-21-2010 01:42 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Nepenthes round 1, honestly ;w;

Poison to be friendly to mages, pneuma to smite the usual loved snipers, stun to kill melee that are unprepared, along with a small heal through energy drain. Win-win monster choice!

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-21-2010 05:02 PM
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

Even though I had on my Bathory Armor I couldn't tank the damage from the Banshee Master and two Banshees before they got me. I mean I was spamming Aloe Leafs which give the same heal as white potions, ha ha. Perhaps I could use some more VIT. Icon_biggrin

You know Namine, that's actually not a bad idea. Not that I would like it, but not a bad idea. Time would be the main issue there as I would have to wait for the Pneuma to go down before I could Spiral Pierce them, ha ha.

I do what I can.
"*gasp* You have HOW many of that item?"
I'm freaking Kalain baby. Accept no substitutes.

Kalain - Lord Knight 99/69
Bomoke - Blacksmith - 8x/4x

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
(To everyone. I haven't been on much, and I didn't really give much of a goodbye because I've been in contact with some people. Do message me on Yahoo or MSN if you like. I'll come back..just not ready yet.)
11-21-2010 08:00 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE:??ToH: Saturday, November 20th 2010 at 11:00 AM (EST)

Rurouni Kalain Wrote:Even though I had on my Bathory Armor I couldn't tank the damage from the Banshee Master and two Banshees before they got me. I mean I was spamming Aloe Leafs which give the same heal as white potions, ha ha. Perhaps I could use some more VIT. Icon_biggrin

You are under critical wound which will reduce your heal by 40% in effectiveness. Bash spam will be more effective than brandish/bowling bash against banshee master because of stun chance, and that 1 vit essentially guarantees you to stun banshee master, so you only tank the 2 slaves. If you got spear boomerang to lure, you can spear in one banshee, kill it off quickly (bash spam again to stun it to do it safely), then move in to bash spam master to death. Then you only tank 1 banshee in the entire process.

Spiral is ill advised since they have no def, and the point of spiral is that it's LK's reliable method to ignore def. Why spiral to ignore their def if there aren't any to begin with~

Whitesmith stuns even more at higher damage, so no questions there needed.

Snipers got massive advantage because banshee master got such a pitiful hit rate that you only need 168 flee to avoid its 3666 normal damage. Bathory nulls her spells, so really sniper got no problem at all, as killing regular banshee is bread and butter by now being their main reason to even attend a nameless party, which seems to be often.

Vanil/Lif's flee are not reduced by mobbing, so creators are equally set for battle tanking the melee damage. To reduce burden on the homun, you can hit a banshee and tank it yourself to spread the damage.

Casters' only way to stun is rybio, which under 3666 + 2666x2 and if your heal are reduced by 40%, it's not feasible for casters to stun them that way. You can only SW yourself and take the 12 hit free-time to web/freeze/SC them all, and make a mad dash for it before they recover for 5 pt.

Sadly, everyone else got a very, very reliable way to kill them all. I totally got nothing with round 5 that's out for blood and it's expected that players better run for 5 or get a 0, but in this case that's only true for casters...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-21-2010 08:23 PM
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

RE: ??ToH: Saturday, November 20th 2010 at 11:00 AM (EST)

Namine Wrote:You are under critical wound which will reduce your heal by 40% in effectiveness. Bash spam will be more effective than brandish/bowling bash against banshee master because of stun chance, and that 1 vit essentially guarantees you to stun banshee master, so you only tank the 2 slaves. If you got spear boomerang to lure, you can spear in one banshee, kill it off quickly (bash spam again to stun it to do it safely), then move in to bash spam master to death. Then you only tank 1 banshee in the entire process.

Spiral is ill advised since they have no def, and the point of spiral is that it's LK's reliable method to ignore def. Why spiral to ignore their def if there aren't any to begin with~
Well dang, I looked up critical wounds..dang, 5% chance and at lvl 2 (which they have) -40% in healing stuff...so that HAS to be what happened to me as I just was not healing like I should have been. Well, bad luck to me, ha ha.

Yeah, I'm a Spiral Pierce Lord Knight, which your right, if I had more time to think about it I might have done it differently..however, spear boomeranging one of the Banshees in the time given doesn't seem viable..plus, I didn't know if she would spawn more or not. I figured it wouldn't spawn another, but I wasn't sure. Anyway my plan was to see how I could handle in tanking/damaging her then back off if need be..but then of course I was getting damaged fast, freaking out and..yeah. Icon_biggrin I have RARELY fought Banshee Masters (only from DB's) so certainly didn't know what to expect. Anyway, this post is just a final bit of this crazy ToH. I very much look forward to the surely Christmas themed one next month. ~_^

I do what I can.

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
(To everyone. I haven't been on much, and I didn't really give much of a goodbye because I've been in contact with some people. Do message me on Yahoo or MSN if you like. I'll come back..just not ready yet.)
11-25-2010 01:51 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

All guild dungeon monsters only remob when they have no slaves left. Most non-mvp monsters that summon slaves only remob when every single slave is dead including maya purple and necromancer, except for a few rarities like goblin leader and kobold leader (actually, off top of my head I can't think of any other exception but those 2 atm).

11-25-2010 02:30 AM
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

Mm, I think you are likely right. You are most all the times safe killing at least one of there mobs, ha ha. Anyway it was like I said, I wanted to do that first to see how things went then Endure and run away if need be..but it all happened too fast. Well live and learn right? Icon_biggrin

I do what I can.

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
11-25-2010 02:33 AM