Poll: Big Parties:
I don't mind them
I prefer smaller parties (please explain in more detail)
I LOVE them
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I Hate Big Parties!
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

RE:??I Hate Big Parties!

Crazylor Wrote:Plus if people just partied and went to more places just for fun and socializing the economy would actually get better, because you would atleast earn items and other things to sell and help make items more widespread so people can play and make their sets easier.

i've been thinking this for FOREVER

all i see are nameless, thors, gorge, and the occasional ice dungeon parties on main... what happened to all the others? there are many more dungeons out there, seriously, and hella more fun imo.

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2010 05:43 PM by Incarn.)
11-09-2010 05:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shikari Offline
Br?

RE: I Hate Big Parties!

I partied to a few 'odd' places recently...Pasanas, galions and such xD, twas amusing.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
11-09-2010 05:50 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: ??I Hate Big Parties!

Incarn Wrote:all i see are nameless, thors, gorge, and the occasional ice dungeon parties on main... what happened to all the others? there are many more dungeons out there, seriously, and hella more fun imo.

Sadly, most of them got little incentive to go, but thankfully at least sometimes customs try very hard to get that incentive, such as having not just one but two quests that forces you to go to Thanatos Tower. You can even classify a "0.5" to make it 2.5 quests in Thanatos Tower in the form of Avian Wings, but I think Avian Wings is largely outdated now after endless walking speed nerfs by svn, and now reduced to a super specific niche armor...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-09-2010 06:26 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

it's more like this:

there used to be more parties to other places, y'know? and since half of my guild is inactive, there are rarely enough people online so we can go party somewhere adventurous. it sucks.

at least i have adventurer's inn now.

aedra, lv98 high priest
11-09-2010 06:41 PM
Crazylor Offline
For the Homies...

You know what would be awesome, there should be a system where drop rates raise depending on how long the monsters on that map have survived (at least to a balanced extent). When you think about it, it logically makes sense, if you were to leave monsters alive wouldn't they be more productive? In other words ,they'd have better loot once you kill them, because they've had more time to work on them or stock up Icon_razz. It's like letting chickens or turkeys fatten up before the kill. This would be good to bring people to other maps more often. And give them an incentive to go and check if certain maps have "fattened" up or not. Anyway just an idea. Icon_razz
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2010 07:42 PM by Crazylor.)
11-09-2010 06:45 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

hoho! sounds neat.

but there's a problem, i do believe RO is programmed to do a mandatory reset of monsters on their spawn points when someone is out of a map for more than five minutes or so.

if that doesn't get in the way that'd totally be something really cool to do.

aedra, lv98 high priest
11-09-2010 06:59 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Then you'll have major abuse problems with summoning plants in a secretive room (and there's lots of those in towns and what not, lots of useless small maps), transforming them all with polymorph, then leave them alone for a month until their drop rates rise to a highly respective rate.

It's probably easier to just re-evaluate and customize as see fit on a case to case basis, or use more modernized MMO practices to give the dungeon itself items, and not the monsters inside the dungeon randomly dropping gears heh. Very unfortunately, the instance function in eA remains non-functional and is only working with a very iffy result.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-09-2010 08:04 PM
Crazylor Offline
For the Homies...

I said balanced, so maybe like instead of 0.03 % it maybe raises to 1.00% in the course of like a few days or so... Nothing tooo drastic, and once you clear all the monsters all their stuff would reset. Yet this would mean that there'd be no auto reset, but I don't see that being a problem with people constantly doing runs to take advantage of the slightly heightened rates...

But I like your idea of just getting the dungeon to give specific items, like king of PVM games, maple story, I think if you want good pvm ideas you need to duplicate a few from there. Mind you they have no pvp and have a truly strong community of players.

Yet at the same time, RO dungeons can't follow the style of MS, because you'd have to change the mechanics of how dungeons work almost entirely....

Some ideas for that, dungeons could be mirrored, and your goal when you enter a dungeon is to get to the next level. Or defeat the boss at the end (if it's the last level). Once you do these your score will be tallied up, which is based on how many monsters you have killed etc. Monsters can still give items, but that'd all be lowered incredibly, since the dungeon gives you items depending on how many monsters you've killed regardless. This would be a good way to eliminate the ever so constant fear of killing a large amount of monsters and not getting anything at all for your hard work.

But this would be a &@#$% to program.... yet it would be awesome, anyway enough adventures into fantasy island for me...
11-09-2010 08:28 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

heh what youre talking about sounds like that one game Darkfalls or something like it.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
11-09-2010 08:35 PM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

Turtle Island, Magma Dungeon, Juperos (nobody goes there), Biolabs 2 parties are fun.
11-09-2010 10:57 PM