Poll: Which one would you prefer?
All of the Above!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Current player base.
Kanto Offline

Current player base.

So i have been noticing a drop in activity lately. And I think its something that has to be looked at seriously by some of the main GM's.

I was thinking what i could suggest to help keep the playing interesting and i figured a few things that I always liked to do on a server when im not lvling.

1; Events
2; Battle Grounds (Heard it was being worked on x_x )
3; WoE.

Now, WoE here doesnt seem to be such a big event for some reason. I asked arround why, and people said its because there's only a few WoE guilds actually competing.

I would like to suggest something to make WoE more worth while. So that owning a castle actually means something. Let it be better guild treasure drops or better monsters inside the guild dungeons. You pick.

So my question, which of the above would YOU choose to be worked on to improve the general playing pleasure of the people here?
01-05-2011 11:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Current player base.

Treasures were improved once before.
People don't compete here much on anything whether its mvp's or WoE, they all give up too fast.

I rather we have more events from GM's again. I miss all the light/dark based events we useta have soooooo much. So many of those were fun, and whichever side won gaining more influence was interesting to see too.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-05-2011 12:04 PM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

But didn't all the GMs that had some involment in Light/Dark story left ? I don't count Nara in it as I don't know if she participated.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
01-05-2011 12:55 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

The Eudoxie storyline finished ages ago, a GM could easily now step in and take some charge on a new storyline. Icon_razz

Nara was not a GM as far as I know during the old light/dark events from 2008/early 2009

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-05-2011 12:59 PM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

Events are completely GM dominated, players can hold simple events but can be ruined by idiot players and without GM commands you cant do much.

As for battlegrounds, theyre working on it. Just like the Death Zone screenshot that has been one of the loading screens for who knows how long, and that was supposed to be coming soon too or so i understood.

As for WoE, not to bring this into a huge WoE thread like many others but the rewards for WoE are already justifiable by doing WoE. You get great guild dungeons with MVPs in them and mini-boss monsters, as well as the loots. The thing with heRO WoE is that no one wants to do it because they dont like to lose and the standard for a WoE player on this server is a bit higher than most. Not because of player skill but rather only the top tier players of the server do WoE. I say if everyone WoE'd then eventually there wouldnt be those 2 guilds that battle for the low eco castle and end up getting rolled by one of the stronger guilds at the end. If everyone WoE'd the new guys would obviously get their asses kicked at first but everyone who WoEs has lost or gotten killed before people will learn and get better, but no one seems to want to "learn". Or they just say they dont like WoE or PVP in which i reply why are you playing RO?

Ragnarok Online is a dying game in general so to see a decline in activity isnt a big deal. Also to mention a lot of people going back to school this week (like myself). A little less activity isnt that big of a deal if you ask me.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
01-05-2011 01:04 PM
RoChickita Offline
Fluffy things are soft

Events are important. And I think in all my time here, I might have crossed a few. But there should be more random events. And they don't need to all be planned events. They can be random quiz events about general things around the world/cartoons/games. Events can also be player-limited so instead of 50 people, GMs can limit to 20 ppl and host more often rather than host at 50 ppl and be exhausted and not host often. We need a bigger variety of those too. I know the GMs have their hands full but events should be kinda like PR or Human Resources in a company lol

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXX_NFn-pG-HH6B4nYvYe...yhUChJyYaI]
01-05-2011 01:27 PM
Magnus Offline
The Last Baron

They told me that 'twas about naked lesbians *cry*

But yeah, we could do some more events, and obviously, some ad.
I know heRO for a long time, but I didn't played in that time. But if I didn't know how wonderful is this community, I was right now at another server.

[Image: fylflw.png]
Characters:
Magnus Elwyn - Hunter
Magnus Blackbeard - Rogue
Magnus Crowley - Mage- Future Wizard
High Septon - Acolyte- Future Priest
Magnus Thorvaldsson - Merchant

I love you, Kat Miertschink <3
01-05-2011 01:47 PM
Kanto Offline

You can blame me for the naked lesbian part Icon_razz

As for WoE, you are completely right. As I am a player that purely plays for the sake of WoE i don't have much choice in guilds here. For now i joined a PvM guild that does WoE every now and then. But once i get some gears and can actually do something I am pretty much forced to join a big guild because non of the smaller ones WoE.

On-topic. I see there's an event going on right now, I hope this thread as already accomplished that much. Its nice to see they are actually doing something and it shows they don't just ignore threads. A very big + for GM-Nara.

About the BG, What has to be worked on to add it? It can't be taking THIS long, since ive been on several servers that have it working perfectly without any problem. Is it purely balancing out the rewards? Cos that, i can understand. But really, a simple progress-statement would be very nice Icon_biggrin
01-05-2011 01:59 PM
Antimind Offline
Elitist Thug

BG won't be the huge attraction people make it out to be. On servers that have BG the only reason people do it is for WoE supplies (WoE potions, EDP, and so on). Once you have your MoHs and weapons it's pretty pointless. Most of the time BGs is run by peeps dual clienting which isn't allowed on heRO. It'll be a great novetly at first but without rewards to keep giving it steam it'll dry out really fast.

WoE is the big thing that draws people to a server. WoE is the reason I'm back on officials and only check in on occasion on heRO. It was fun for a lil bit to play around with server customs. Once you've done everything there is to do in this game WoE is pretty much all that's left. A good WoE scene is the one thing heRO seriously lacks. Lack of dual clienting also hurts in that respect. Most people don't want to play a linker, warper, or run loki's.

heRO is a great server for more social players. I just don't see anything happening with the WoE scene without some major server rule changes though. The type of changes that would kill the server as far as the more social players are concerned.

The GM held events are always the same ol stuff over and over again. Different types of events with new and improved rewards may help a bit. Even something as simple as offering more for vote points could attract more of a population.

[Image: smokies-sig.png]
01-05-2011 03:16 PM
Magnus Offline
The Last Baron

Oh, I'm missing an event x.x

Anyway, I used to play RO only to pwn everyone in WoE, PvP... then I realized that wasn't the right way, so I stopped playing for like two months, and in these months, I started to play more RPG and Strategy and stopped to play games like *a lot of others MMORPG*, that the only point is to get #1 in PK Points, gold, etc...

And I can say I'm happier with this new life :D

@Kanto
You own me naked lesbian D:<

[Image: fylflw.png]
Characters:
Magnus Elwyn - Hunter
Magnus Blackbeard - Rogue
Magnus Crowley - Mage- Future Wizard
High Septon - Acolyte- Future Priest
Magnus Thorvaldsson - Merchant

I love you, Kat Miertschink <3
01-05-2011 03:17 PM