Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Future has been revealed, and it looks...like adventure. Now..we wait.
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

The Future has been revealed, and it looks...like adventure. Now..we wait.

I was conducting a search for Demi-human monsters on ratemyserver.net with the "Naturally spawned mob only?" checked last night, just looking at things before I went to bed, seeing what else a Thara Card is actually good for that I would encounter much--and imagine my surprise when I found...THIS!

Link long, so just click HERE.

Just looking...looking...looking.....wait. Little Fatum..? What the heck is that? Well to save the rest of the discovery period it seems that RMS has at last updated there maps and monster lists with new things. I knew about the Bifrost somewhat..but that's about it for what I knew was coming.

http://ratemyserver.net/worldmap.php
http://ratemyserver.net/dungeonmap.php

Go to the bottom of the World Map to see the stuff there, as well as the Dungeon Maps, like the VERY interesting and mysterious (in that I currently have NO idea what the heck it's for) map. I found music for it though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQrysa5Ieo8 Shweet fast paced action. Bifrost for Splendide along with the Misty Forest Labyrinth. Mora which I'm not sure what that is.

*then gets busy for a half hour before he gets back to his post*

Erm, oh right. *AHEM* Anyway, looking up stuff online, YouTube and such, of course others already have this so we can get a bit of a preview but still of course in many places it's not put in yet. Heck, I tried looking up King Dramoh and Lost Dragon on YouTube. NOTHING. Yes, these are Renewal things largely, but that certainly doesn't mean that we won't eventually have them, I'm sure we will.

Anyway Malangdo (with Dungeon), Dewata (with Dungeon), etc etc etc. ANYWAY, this thread is to talk about what we think, look forward to, think of what they look like etc etc. Personally, my top 3 for interesting are Nydhoggur Memory (small, glowy, low HP, and packs a PUNCH), Banaspaty, and Siorava....because it's a new kind of jelly and that's always fun.

P.S. I'm learning more/finding more sites the more and more I look around, as it can be annoying to look around a thread for them I'll just post the links to them right under this in the coming weeks and/or months.

http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/...-ragnarok/ - A lot of info here by non-other than The Doddler himself. Not sure where or if there is a page to few all those links on other than what he has but, oh well.

http://ro.doddlercon.com/home/ - Let's face it, Doddler is awesome. Go to page 2/older posts (or if he has posted more, just go to jRO End of Year Conference and check out the screenshots of stuff.

http://forums.irowiki.org/showpost.php?p...stcount=38 - NEW CARDS, that's right! Not that we will get them for a while but jut take a long look at them..man they are cool aren't they? Stepping up the art style all around and love the one for the super rares. Also that red outline and skull like for Entweihen..awesome.

I do what I can.
"*gasp* You have HOW many of that item?"
I'm freaking Kalain baby. Accept no substitutes.

Kalain - Lord Knight 99/69
Bomoke - Blacksmith - 8x/4x

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
(To everyone. I haven't been on much, and I didn't really give much of a goodbye because I've been in contact with some people. Do message me on Yahoo or MSN if you like. I'll come back..just not ready yet.)
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2011 06:49 AM by Rurouni Kalain.)
02-07-2011 01:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

RE: The Future has been revealed, and it looks...like adventure. Now..we wait.

Yes, I am always fun when doing something new =3
But in all seriousness, stuff sounds like cool beans, all the more reason for me to get my glass cannon Aki Komachi (who is almost comparable to Yukari's Train) to Prof status.

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
02-07-2011 01:53 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

All part of the 7 mvps that we're behind with, my dear.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
02-07-2011 02:36 AM
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

I can't tell you how excited this is making me. Bylan lvl 6 also, forgot to say that one..hah..Kraken. Anyway, before of course any of this can even think about happening we need to get Brasilis Dungeon as well as Scaraba Hole first. --- But it's still fun to talk about ^_^

Thank you for saying that Namine, else I may not have looked into things a wee bit more and seen that there is more to Dewata than I first though. I don't quite see how you get to the first lvl of the Dungeon as the RMS maps don't show it..but it's there alright. Seems to be another one of those 'Thor' type locations where the 1st level is harder than the 2nd. Though that is perhaps not so much harder as different though the monsters do seem a bit more boosted...and of course, there is the MvP Leak on lvl 1.

That said, I don't see the "7" MvP's you are talking about, unless you are including Mini Bosses in that.

The MvP's in order of what we are likely to get first are:

Boitata
Queen Scaraba
Kraken
Lost Dragon
Leak

(Yes, Lost Dragon says Mini Boss on RMS but if you hit the Renewal button it is a MvP so I'm willing to count it as that here. Also there is Queen Scaraba in 'Nightmare' mode which is Renewal (as the other is not), but I'm not going to count that one in as they are so similar. Feel free to agree or disagree on these points.)

Mini Boss:
Great Demon Baphomet
King Dramoh
Great Octopus

(Though King Dramoh is like other Mini Bosses like Chimera or something--not that tough so not counting this one as possible MvP material. ^_^ Also the Octopus I believe will be a Mini Boss rather than an MvP)

Interesting to note that Hardrock Mammoth is actually a Mini Boss..what a rip. Poor guy, has to be near extinct and not a MvP. Also Tendrillion, Naght Sieger, and Valkyrie share that fate.

Entweihen Crothen - Also interesting he is just a simple monster in Pre-Renewal RO but in Renewal they at least bumped him up to a Mini Boss.

So by my figuring we are 5 MvP's behind. Depending on how you look at it you could say 4 or 6. Icon_biggrin If you counted Great Demon Baphomet then you could say 7, but Renewal doesn't want to call him that so I'm not either. So I'm going to say 5, but for slightly different reasons than Namine did from the link below that Ptah put there. ^_^ Always good to talk about things that are yet to come I feel..and this fires up my excitement a lot more now that RMS has all these updates.

I do what I can.

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
(To everyone. I haven't been on much, and I didn't really give much of a goodbye because I've been in contact with some people. Do message me on Yahoo or MSN if you like. I'll come back..just not ready yet.)
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2011 05:40 AM by Rurouni Kalain.)
02-07-2011 04:53 AM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

I really wonder how come you always forget what you've been told. Unless you don't read it at all. That explains a lot.

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
02-07-2011 05:08 AM
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

RE:??The Future has been revealed, and it looks...like adventure. Now..we wait.

Ptah Wrote:I really wonder how come you always forget what you've been told. Unless you don't read it at all. That explains a lot.

Heeeeey! Thanks there Ptah! I was wondering where that thread was and was hoping that I would get to see it again. ^_^ No no, I didn't forget that it happened, just that I forgot about the info IN it..though I don't think you had to be quite as sharp as that. Icon_biggrin; Like I said on page 2 of that thread actually I planned to post more, but school stuff was there...then yes I forgot about it.

Also, I accidentally hit 'Post Reply' before I had a chance to finish what I was saying which I was adjusting when you posted.

Anyway, I'm going via RMS here because that's the best solid bit of info that I have. The Octopus it shows but not as a Mini Boss or MvP so for now, I'm just considering it a Mini Boss as that link I posted says that it's an instance dungeon so again, likely means Mini Boss. The Kraken which it DOES say will be a MvP currently on RMS only has 50HP...lol, so changes to be made. Which, Namine said that it was the "Giant Starfish" thing..seems they changed there minds to the Kraken instead.

Based on this I'll make a few MORE changes to my own estimate, thanks for linking that man. /no1

Also want to note that it's wonderful that I finally am able to know now what Namine was talking about as I tried for a while but could find little info on things then.

I do what I can.

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2011 05:36 AM by Rurouni Kalain.)
02-07-2011 05:35 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Because all monsters are initially porings. That's why it's plant, 50 hp, and identical to poring in all regards.

Kraken was taken instead, and the instance is setup so you have to down all 8 tentacles to hit Kraken, and Kraken turns invincible if any tentacles are alive. That may be lies too as I honestly haven't heard of anything from it ever since sprite update about that dungeon. kRO is too caught up in visible gears that aren't in headgear slot at the moment along with WoE/PvP balances to worry about pvm atm.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
02-07-2011 06:21 AM
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

Yes, I'm sure that's why Kraken is like that yes. Also..interesting..aye I was just reading about that, certainly adds a large level of customization that many would love so not surprising that it's getting there attention.

After looking at the updates that you see when you run the patcher, from way back before I joined it seems that major (official) updates used to occur every 3 or so months years ago..of course that slowed down as time went on and more custom stuff was put in--to be expected. Now it seems that it's every 4~6 months. I count SVN as updates of course as that does a lot--so, since the last one for us was in August....well me thinks it's around time for another major update yays! Icon_biggrin I hope.

Point of interest, I joined up like 3 weeks before Niddhogur was introduced so to me there haven't really been any new areas opened up..well, Splendide and Manuk but that's about it. Anyway, the weekend of my school break is over so really I need to put this out of mind, let others enjoy the fantasy now and get back to my school work.

In the end it comes down to that it will happen when it happens and all I can do is my best to help when I can. Maybe there will be new stuff to explore after my term is over and maybe not.

I do what I can.

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
02-07-2011 07:08 AM
master mage Offline
Soul Lich Lord

I like this MVP !! BOITATA

---------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Who "Sage (Perma?)
Healing Aura "Cute Aco Lord!"
Money! " Alchemist[$Money Maker$]
             And his pal $Glamorous$(Homunculus)"
02-07-2011 12:55 PM
Silk Offline
Prince of AFK

4456#Nidhoggur Shadow Card#
INT + 5
When equipped by a High Wizard or Warlock Jobs,
Fixed cast of all skills -50%.
Type: Card
Equips On: Armor
Weight: 1

+ Wings = Win at everything.

[Image: Banner.png]
Silk - 9x/6x Whitesmith; Knights of Lunch Guildmaster.
Polyester - 9x/6x Clown; AFK Officer.
Acrylic - 9x/6x High Priest - Akuma.
Rayon - 8x/5x Professor; 'Elaborate' Guildmaster.
Cotton - 9x/6x Sniper; Divine Nocturne Member.
Denim - 8x/5x Paladin; Guildless.
Leather - 8x/5x Stalker; Guildless.
02-08-2011 07:52 PM