Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Eye of Dullahan
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

Eye of Dullahan

The description and the script states it makes the user immune to the Poison status, yet I still get poisoned by Venom Dust. Is it normal ?

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
02-25-2011 08:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: Eye of Dullahan

To be honest, I really don't know what was wrong since I'm responsible for this item afaik... I copied the exact same script from marc + orc hero which states that the code responsible "bResEff" needs to be set at 10000 for it to count as full immunity.

Unless vendom dust has equipment bypassing ability and only looks at natural vit for poison resistance, I honestly don't know why it doesn't work. I tried 3 fixes in case if I made a typo and Luciola Vespa will *always* pull it off >_<

Any monster with Poison Attack generally has it at such a low level that it's unreliable to begin with, or they also got Venom Dust. Player-casted poison status are also unreliable, so there's really no accurate way to test.

You'll need a GM to cast "Poison Attack" at lv 10+ (not Poison Attribute Attack), and then SURVIVE the bloody attack, to see if it's the ring coding that failed, or if venom dust is equipment-bypassing.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2011 08:31 PM by Namine.)
02-25-2011 08:28 PM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

That would seem correct, considering Oxygen Mask also provides a resistance and its script states : bonus2 bResEff,Eff_Poison,2000

Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
02-26-2011 05:16 AM
Finitevus Offline
Antique Adventurer

If I remember correctly, Venom Dust is quite a powerful skill that should bypass immunity. Again, if memory serves me correct, it should even work with high Poison propertied monsters (except for MVPs qq). Better question is why are you standing on the Venom Dust? (Aren't I a clever bugger?)

EDIT: I forgot that Poison doesn't work on Undead either, hurr hurr... or did it work against Undead? Somebody test this.

[Image: 2r3b5v5.jpg]

Kalcurz (XX Lord Knight) - "Abominating Warrior"
Finitevus (5X Mage) - "Unidentified Rune"
Lightmare (4X Gunslinger) - "Red Dead Ringer"
Keiru (5X Ninja) - "Sharp Ghost"
Rothschild (6X Rogue) - "Sleeping Dagger"
Dazak (5X Acolyte) - "Enlightened Host"
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2011 02:17 PM by Finitevus.)
02-26-2011 02:06 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

You've never fought Luciola Vespa or Centipedes with Venom Dust. Their skill set makes it very easy for them to get venom duster down on their opponents, and its half the reason most of prefer to not farm the maps with these monsters solo, or tele from them when we do. xD

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
02-26-2011 02:20 PM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

RE:??Eye of Dullahan

Finitevus Wrote:. Better question is why are you standing on the Venom Dust? (Aren't I a clever bugger?)

Luciola + High-speed movement + Snap + Venom Dust = Poisoned

02-26-2011 02:47 PM
Finitevus Offline
Antique Adventurer

I meant that in a jokingly manner. Icon_neutral
I haven't played RO in a while and have forgotten a lot.
But I'm still serious about Venom Dust being powerful.
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2011 04:02 PM by Finitevus.)
02-26-2011 04:00 PM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

I wasn't really aggressive either.
What is sure about Venom Dust is that it poisons by 100% chance, but not sure if it really means that we could be immune to it.

02-26-2011 07:34 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Finitevus Wrote:If I remember correctly, Venom Dust is quite a powerful skill that should bypass immunity. Again, if memory serves me correct, it should even work with high Poison propertied monsters (except for MVPs qq). Better question is why are you standing on the Venom Dust? (Aren't I a clever bugger?)

EDIT: I forgot that Poison doesn't work on Undead either, hurr hurr... or did it work against Undead? Somebody test this.
Poison property attacks miss undead targets. Poison status through venom dust or Status cards/equip do work against undead. (Poison Dagger and Rapture whip would need element change through endow/asp or??to be using skills that use projectiles of an element that can hit them (ie throw arrow/throw venom knife))

I think the biggest thing about status immunity from vit, the more vit you have, the less time most status effects last. Venom Dust is guaranteed poison, but at 97+ vit, it doesn't last long enough to turn you purple/pink.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2011 01:11 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
02-27-2011 01:06 AM
Finitevus Offline
Antique Adventurer

Fyrus Carmin Wrote:What is sure about Venom Dust is that it poisons by 100% chance, but not sure if it really means that we could be immune to it.

Hmm, well, either Venom Dust is able to bypass that immunity or it's a bug. Also, can the 'Eye of Dullahan' protect you from being poisoned from 'Enchant Deadly Poison' or is that a whole different status ailment?

The Legendary Joe Wrote:I think the biggest thing about status immunity from vit, the more vit you have, the less time most status effects last. Venom Dust is guaranteed poison, but at 97+ vit, it doesn't last long enough to turn you purple/pink.

What if you're silly enough to stay in the Venom Dust?
02-27-2011 02:14 AM