Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Donation Drawings
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

Donation Drawings

Hi guys, I was inspired by what the manga/anime artists were doing for the quake which is drawing for the quake victims. Some manga/artist I could name would be Noizi (Haruhi Suzumiya), Toriyama (Dragon Ball/Dr. Slump) and Inoue (Slam Dunk/Vagabond) who drew for the victims. I also want to to do the same and I want people to donate for Japan's sake. I won't have proof that you did donate so I'll just assume that you did when you ask me to draw something. I don't know if my art skills are still at their top but I do hope you don't lie since it is the same as lying to the people of Japan. I?don't have a link right now but I hope you don't go to scamming donation sites.

[Image: 4japan.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2011 09:37 PM by Story Teller.)
03-14-2011 12:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

RE: Donation Drawings

Update: fixed grammar errors. Sorry about that...

03-14-2011 09:38 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Oh, I forgot to tell you on MSN that Google has a page in which you can donate directly to the Japanese Red Cross Society here.

One can donate between 100 and 50k yen (us$20 = about 1600 yen) on that page.

I'm going to donate as soon as I can.??Probably not much, I don't make a lot of money; but whatever helps.??I'm sure there are people already going hungry over there and they could use the money a lot more than I could.??I mean, feeding a kid who lost his parents is more important to me than a pack of cigarettes.

I've been tinkering with the idea of making senbazuru, but I'm not really sure what for or why.??I then tinkered with the idea of heRO making senbazuru and selling them for charity, but that'd be too hard to organize and I'm not sure how many people here are good at origami.

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
03-15-2011 08:57 AM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

[Image: Finished.jpg]

03-17-2011 03:50 AM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

[Image: Girl-2.jpg]

03-17-2011 05:11 AM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

[Image: Fukushima-50.jpg]
Who Are They?
Who are the "Fukushima 50" -- the workers trying to take regain control of Japan's stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant?

Twitter messages and blog posts by the workers' families offer an inkling of the "Fukushima 50," so nicknamed because the 180 employees at the site work in 50-person shifts.

One of the workers is a veteran power plant worker, a 59-year-old who volunteered to take on the assignment, according to Jiji Press, a Japanese news wire service, quoting a woman who claimed to be his daughter on Twitter. The job puts him at risk of exposure to dangerous amounts of radiation that could cause death or lead to a higher risk of cancer.

"I fought back tears when I heard that my father, who is to retire in six months, had volunteered," @NamicoAoto wrote. "At home, he doesn't seem like someone who could handle big jobs?but today, I was really proud of him," she wrote. "I pray for his safe return."

@nekkonekonyaa said her mother wept when her father left work to head to the nuclear plant. "Please dad come back alive," she said in her tweet.

Power plant employees were running out of food, read one e-mail from a worker's daughter.

"He says he's accepted his fate. Much like a death sentence," the e-mail said, which was read aloud on the national television network, NHK.

It has been reported that five employees of the operator of the nuclear power plant, Tokyo Electric Power Co., known as TEPCO, have died and 22 have been injured since last week's massive earthquake and tsunami.

Michiko Otsuki, an employee who evacuated from Fukushima No. 1 (Daiichi) on Monday, expressed pride in the coworkers who stayed behind.

"The staff of TEPCO have refused to flee and continue to work even at the peril of their own lives. Please stop attacking us," Otsuki wrote on her blog, which has since been taken down but was reprinted by the Singapore newspaper Straits Times.

Otsuki said employees at the plant worked bravely after the magnitude 9 quake, after the plant lost power and alarms sounded.

"We carried on working to restore the reactors from where we were, right by the sea, with the realization that this could be certain death," Otsuki wrote.

"The machine that cools the reactor is just by the ocean, and it was wrecked by the tsunami. Everyone worked desperately to try and restore it. Fighting fatigue and empty stomachs, we dragged ourselves back to work."

Otsuki apologized for the unfolding disaster.

"To all the residents [around the plant] who have been alarmed and worried, I am truly, deeply sorry," she wrote.

03-19-2011 03:38 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Story = Win Ok

03-19-2011 11:32 AM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

[Image: Untitled-5.png]

For anyone who doesn't know what that is, its a sumo wrestler covering the nuclear reactor. Thought I'd throw some culture into my drawing... This is seriously the best I can draw.

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2011 11:59 PM by Landon.)
03-19-2011 11:58 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Simpsons did it. It didn't bode well for Homer or Mr. Burns.

Permanent card hasn't arrived in the mail yet. So, my Japan monies are still in my pocket instead of some Japanese kid's mouth. =[

03-20-2011 12:18 AM
Under Score Away
Loves Syobon Action

I'll try to make one for the Japan.. cu'z i really love that Country.

..       [Image: signature_assasin_by_freezknkoy-d3byvtqc...d75204.png]
03-20-2011 02:06 AM