Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kafra Storage Sorting
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

Kafra Storage Sorting

I searched the forum and haven't seen this being discussed since Oct. 2010, so I hope it's okay to ask: is there any way we could have a sorting or search feature implemented for the Kafra storage? In the aforementioned thread that I found, it got mentioned that there was something like that added to the renewal version of RO, but since renewal is still a long way from coming to heRO (if ever), does that mean we'll never have such a feature?

If a built-in search would be too complicated, my suggestion would be give us the ability to sort it alphabetically. If at all possible, maybe it could be an option we could toggle on and off (like open/closed equips), for people who like the way it's sorted now as-is.

I just think that - especially with the added space that we were given (which I appreciate very much!) - it can get pretty difficult to find things when you're a hoarder, like me you have so much to dig through.

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
05-08-2011 02:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

RE: Kafra Storage Sorting

I know the problem haha, even with the +300 extra stage space we have gainted i still manage to fill up my storage completly. If it wasn't for my boyfriend i'm sure i'd be stuck on 1000/1000 all the time xD

Anyway, I know it might be troublesom to implent something like this, however i think i'll love the GM's so much if there was somesort of way to implent a function similair to this, though i can survive looking for items as well so if we won't get it i'm fine with it to :3

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
05-08-2011 02:29 AM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

Glad I'm not alone!

Yeah, I mean, we all manage with storage the way it is now, so I'm not going to be heartbroken if there's nothing that can be done. But it'd certainly be convenient, especially when everyone's gearing up for a big party and trying to find things quickly! That's one of the times where it gets really obvious to me that the way it's sorted now is confusing. When you're in a hurry and trying not to hold people up, you're more likely to scroll right on past what you were looking for without realizing it, haha.

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
05-08-2011 03:12 AM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

Most likely not getting until we switch to Renewal which is like. Never and next year.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
05-08-2011 03:27 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

Well i'm fine with that but it is true what demishock says, i usually have to look twice or more before i find what i need haha, even after my boyfriend cleaned my storage back to 600~ items Icon_razz

Time zone GTM+1

05-08-2011 03:35 AM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

I know. I went through my storage a week ago and asked myself when did I get certain items and a few cards that I didn't remember getting.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
05-08-2011 03:39 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

Exacly xD sometimes when my boyfriend is cleaning my storage he mentiones items i didn't even know i had lol. (that might be though, because i sometimes forget to identify gears i recently got..)

Time zone GTM+1

05-08-2011 03:43 AM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

The Kafra sorting storage is part of the Renewal Client, which doesn't force us to use Renewal Mechanics.
I've asked a long time ago whether it could be implemented or not, and I don't know how it's going recently.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2011 03:50 AM by Fyrus Carmin.)
05-08-2011 03:50 AM
Heartache Offline
Ménage à Trois <3

I has 2 items in storage. *willing to take other peoples junk!*

[Image: 2zxz52r.jpg]
05-08-2011 06:15 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

well i has tones of stuff lying in kafra too, so what i do is use @ii a lot... scroll quite a bit, look at the items there, @ii one as a reference point, then @ii the item you're looking for, and adjust...

furthermore, it's quite noticable that certain items tend to group together, so all in all browsing through 1000 items won't be that hard... Ok

-w-
05-08-2011 11:05 PM