iSpam Offline
so i herd u liek mudkipz

RE: BGs Item List

^you can say that those server's customs is imbalanced then

There are four brothers in this world that were all born together:
The first he runs and never wearies,
The second eats and is never full.
The third he drinks and is ever thirsty,
And the fourth sings a song that is never good.
[Image: sn1bw7.gif]
06-28-2011 03:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Elements Offline

I love how people with the most broken gears RO knows, mostly gotten from old OCA's, are the first to "rebalance" newly announced items *cough elven sunglasses*

Personally i agree with Ryan on this, I dont see a linker jumping over a precast, to break an emperium. If they do, its surely not cause the linker is "pro", but because the emp priest sucks at safety walling out a low aspd linker.

Also, as ryan stated, ecall shouldnt be an issue either, as its on doubled cast time on the Taekwon branch.

It is, indeed a lot of resistance, which makes them quite invincible. You can still stone curse, strip them, or tarot them tho.

Personally id say, restrict the accessoire to be only applyable once, or make two different sl accessoire, with two different effects.

If people consider 1 of these accesoires to be too much, we should start to rebalance certain defensive items right away as well. to make squishy classes squishy again.

[Image: 88c809e550.gif]
06-28-2011 05:59 AM
Vahn_ashwood Offline
O_o All glory to the hypnotoad....

Well, ele, though I agree with your idea, my concern would be that when squishy classes become squishy, we'd either see an outcry by the folks that love playing them or having people wanna take it too far and w ant other things changed until out becomes too convoluted and we lose sight of what we were trying for in the first place.

Yoink!
[Image: x6nexl.gif]
Chars: BK SinX, Swordie, GS, Asura Monk, Ninja
06-28-2011 06:21 AM
iSpam Offline
so i herd u liek mudkipz

return gr and the other cards to OCAs and we'll call it quits

06-28-2011 06:32 AM
Shikari Offline
Br?

Because those cards didn't come officially in OCA's right?

Edit: since the example for broken gear is apparently GR:

a) it only really negates 2 skills
b) You can kill the user with elemental sonic blows
c) you can strip it
d) you can freeze him to change element

Damn...gr is so overpowered ):

four ways to kill a gr user, now how do we go around demi human resist? Oh well...I guess we could strip him and then kill him, but thats about it, but then again, its not like we can strip accessories so they'll still be waking around with 24% resist.

Also its nice to see that behe wants the gear because some people in DoE have shit they don't.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2011 07:47 AM by Shikari.)
06-28-2011 07:41 AM
Elements Offline

RE:??BGs Item List

Shikari Wrote:Because those cards didn't come officially in OCA's right?

yea, and fishing for oca's came officially with RO as well. right?

Quote:a) it only really negates 2 skills
Yea exactly, 2 of the 3(?) instant kill skills Ro Provides.

Quote:how do we go around demi human resist?

Disabling the SL via stone curse for example
Strip
Defense/reduction ignoring damages such as pressure, tarot, Stacked Gravitation Fields, anything else to add here?

Also just to point out that a soullinkers only offensive use really would be that he could be a trap killer. Fibrelock Profs could still keep the SL on the spot, to prevent further traps being popped. Dont start with the empbreak/ecall crap again.

Quote:Also its nice to see that behe wants the gear because some people in DoE have shit they don't.Also its nice to see that behe wants the gear because some people in DoE have shit they don't.

If you'd have read the posts properly, youd have seen that we agree on the fact that it wouldnt be good to implement the accessoires as they are suggested here, Thats prolly why ryan, and a few others suggested to reduce it to one wearable belt of that kind. That snarky remark of mine earlier was just directed about the attitude certain people deem items to be broken/not broken.

(This post was last modified: 06-28-2011 08:38 AM by Elements.)
06-28-2011 08:36 AM
Shikari Offline
Br?

RE: ??BGs Item List

a) Because the GM's have a third eye that let them know that OCA's would get changed. Also its not like only 5 people had access to fishing, making your point about GR's + fishing being broken even more invalid. Oh, also I don't recall anyone complaining that you could get a GR from fishing.

b) That accessory would negate any method of killing them w/o previously stripping or coma-ing them

c) Same things also work on gr, BUT WAIT those aren't even mvp card, its an easily accessible gear!

d) And like was previously stated, breaking traps is totally useless, right? Also have fun keeping a SL stuck on spider web till he/she runs out of pots (:, I won't start with the ecall 'crap' again because I didn't know SL had a prolonged cast time.

c) I did read them properly, but god, seriously? You can tell how broken it is from a mile away.

@ispam, You do know BG items are standard like that in every server, and that the only thing being complained about is just the custom accessory right?

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
06-28-2011 08:48 AM
Elements Offline

RE:????BGs Item List

Shikari Wrote:a) Because the GM's have a third eye that let them know that OCA's would get changed. Also its not like only 5 people had access to fishing, making your point about GR's + fishing being broken even more invalid. Oh, also I don't recall anyone complaining that you could get a GR from fishing.

People off an earlier time span had advantages, yes.

whats that about Oca being changed by gravity? Oca etc drop lists are pretty easy to custom.

Quote:That accessory would negate any method of killing them w/o previously stripping or coma-ing them
Defense/reduction ignoring damages such as pressure, tarot, Stacked Gravitation Fields, anything else to add here?

Of course these arent high damage source skills, but, what about limiting the amount of pots a SL could carry? Adjust the weight of the belts to hit a decent amount to lock SLs down on 100-ish condensed pots per run?

Quote:And like was previously stated, breaking traps is totally useless, right? Also have fun keeping a SL stuck on spider web till he/she runs out of pots ...
See above

Easy accessible gear? there arent even prices set for the items yet, so whats there to complain about?

06-28-2011 08:57 AM
iSpam Offline
so i herd u liek mudkipz

OT: yep but i just want a gr card lol. go on with your debate Laugh

oh and element's suggestion about balancing it with the weight is just brilliant

(This post was last modified: 06-28-2011 09:19 AM by iSpam.)
06-28-2011 09:10 AM
Tulwar Offline
Forum Lurker

RE:??BGs Item List

Elements Wrote:Defense/reduction ignoring damages such as pressure, tarot, Stacked Gravitation Fields, anything else to add here?

Of course these arent high damage source skills, but, what about limiting the amount of pots a SL could carry? Adjust the weight of the belts to hit a decent amount to lock SLs down on 100-ish condensed pots per run?

No. Just no.

Elements, those attacks are meaningless causes of damage that won't result in much except for a few pots burned. As previously mentioned, Tarot coma is the only chance you have.

As for adjusting the weight of the belts, you seriously make me sick with that one. Putting heavy weight on broken gear and then trying to call it balanced is likening an equip to God items. Sure, you got a little less weight with that Meg. But you're still a WoE killing machine. Don't worry, equip your 92% resist, you only lose some weight! You're still an ungodly tanking machine, have fun breaking that trapline SOLO! ^_________^ A few less pots isn't going to make a BIT of difference. And yeah, it's a disgust that such brokenness can be acquired by a couple dozen rounds of BG.

About GR card, please don't bring that QQ here. Go ahead and write another whine if you want, just not here =x There are plenty of vets that were around back then and never got GR card, and still kick your behind. (like me.) Just ask any champ that BGs regularly and they'll tell you they have to make a double-effort to asura me >>

Honestly I never saw such fail in a long time. People, get your heads in order for once and understand how broken it is -_-

Tulwar: 99/70 Clown - heRO's #1 NOOBTASTIC Clown x]
Parfait!: 90/70 High Priest - The (in)famous Elitist Thug ;]
Fuwa: 99/70 Sniper - Pewpewpew
Axel Almer: 99/70 SinX - Noob AGI Sinx
Vorel: 99/69 Champ - Another Unoriginal Champ
Artist: 99/50 Wizard - Free Nontrans WoE Points ^3^/
06-28-2011 10:05 AM