Trivia was balanced
Trivia was too easy
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
June 2011 ToH Appreciation Thread
Keri Offline

RE: June 2011 ToH Appreciation Thread

Don't usually forum post much at all, but gotta put down my thoughts.

Monster Trial
W1 - Died right before the exit in a mob.
W2 - Died right at the entrance due to them all right there in a mob ball.
(Ok, chalk it up to bad luck and difficulty for the 1st 2 - still unfairly tough for the majority, imo)
W3 - Said f it and ran.
W4 - Said f it and ran.
W5 - Killed w/o an issue. (Finally!)

Item Trial
Seemed like lower drops...? =/ After going through the 1st round, could have given a little more slack there, at that point.

PVP - ate dinner during half, watched half, no comment.

Trivia - somewhat reasonable to hard-ish, I think the time constraints got to me personally, Eh, on that round.

Not to be picky or whatever, cause god knows I have faults as everyone, but in an event so rule-oriented and noted (like with the spelling in Trivia, having everything correctly typed) - afterwards saying something to the effect of "Next time bring (or have - not sure the exact stringing of words) better "defence", just completely moots the point for me. I know it CAN be spelled that way, but would it have been taken as a passable way in Trivia? Just left me more sour after the culmination of a very stressful 4 hrs. For some reason, that got to me the most, even more so than the ToH itself, lol.

It just irks me because to join ToH you of course need the right amount of allegiance points AND a recommendation of being 80+ to play...that incentive sounds wonderful to many players who wish to possibly get wings, have fun...and have at least a fighting chance. How can, let's say, a 83 non-trans player, who has the points and level, go to play today's ToH fairly? They might not have the crazy defensive gear to survive (hell, my gear is wonderful and I barely could) and not waste money they probably scraped up, along with 4 hours of their time. For example, my IRL husband is looking forward to doing his 1st ToH very soon when he becomes 80+ sinx (not far off now) and I can't help but think...this would have wiped him out completely. There was hardly any chance for someone like that to go, play and have a SHOT at something nice. How is that fair, especially when it's suggested an 80+ plays. If the ToH's are constantly like this one, then I recommend it states you must be 80+ with insane defensive gear, hordes of healing items over what you normally bring and extreme, forgiving wit to deal with the goading snide remarks and jokes being thrown at you, about the difficulty of what you're trying to survive from, as your irritation escalates.

Regardless, sad to say this ToH experience today has put me way off other ToH attempts for quite some time.

(To add: my Monster Trial line of people were awesome, really great people - they made that very tolerable and gave a silver lining to the frustration <3)
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2011 11:49 PM by Keri.)
06-19-2011 03:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Epsilon Offline

The worst toh ever. I never liked Glyph and now I hate him. A lot of money was spend for nothing. And I had to skip sleep becouse of this. After monster trial I hoped host will make easy at least one trial, but he didnt. Useless waste of time.

PS. I hate when mobs make crowds.
06-19-2011 03:55 AM
onix Offline

Monster trial was sort of wtf,tarot wasn't a good idea at all. Dimiks took away almost all my healing items =_=

Item seemed be a bit hard. Kinda ironic that I liked list of items first.

Can't judge trivia, I hadn't sleep for more than 16 hours at that time so my mind was blown away. And yeah, spelling problems. Mys... Mystle... I can't even pronounce that word properly.

Don't attended mass battle (feel ashamed for that), but it seem to be predictable a bit. I think of making support priest for ToH, at least darkies will get buffs before death.

Overall: it will be better if I slept instead of ToHing.

I play for fun! *_*
Lady Loriel Seyruun ~ aspd freak
Naga Seyruun ~ forger to be
Amelia Seyruun ~ hand of god
06-19-2011 03:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

One of the most fun ToHs in the last month <3 B> More Glyph ToHs

Comment:
Monster1: My, got OMFGWRFBBQ scared when there were so many 0's, was shaking like a jelly. It ended up well, got only 1 tarot active on me, it was just tower /phew. Saved.
Monster2: That kung fu of their is OUCH. If it wasn't for second dimik to rush in at the end of map i'd have done it. Owell. <3 Glyph
Monster3: Again was shaking like a jelly. Decided to just DS first. Too long. FA ftw~ Speaking of which B> Ice Pick Bow.
Monster4: And again like a jelly. Most scary ToH ever. Next time i'm sitting 1st >.> Just trapped everything in sight. They snapped. FOK. Still got hit only once. Yay~ Killed last few seconds before end.
Monster5: Went it, trapped, looked on mob. Said OUCH. It attacked me, missed and disappeared. I was like O_O. First thought was that it self destructed, and that's why so many got 10s xD

Item: Was fun, but still, too many low level drops needed imo >.>
(Special comment to Glyph: I wonder If you were planning to include necklace, and removed it when i asked... >:D )

PvP: Just went AFK /yawn

Trivia: I need to improve my typing skills. I HATE when i mash unneeded button. RAGEEEEEEE~

Mass Battle: That was fun. Somewhere. Maybe.

All in all, it was most fun ToH in last few month. Last time i had so much fun was with Panda's King Beelzebub :D
+got nuked TWICE. My personal record. Would be thrice (or even more) if Glyph could nuke. I feel it.
Fow now he's still Light inside. Get that GM level up and host next ToH, Glyph, i want to annoy you a bit more~ And yay for nukes~

And Panda, Glyph is Light >:D Live with it. (And continue to nuke me to change my mind~).

Oh wait. Reverse Psychology. Panda, never dare to nuke me again. It hurts Icon_cry I wouldn't be able to withstand so many nukes you're planning to do already Icon_cry

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2011 08:43 AM by Ptah.)
06-19-2011 08:38 AM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

While it was going on I was getting pretty mad, but in retrospect I think the monster trial was actually quite good. You mixed it up and instead of having it start easy and get progressively harder, which everyone kind of expects by now, it started crazy hard and got progressively easier (at least for me). Keeps us on our toes! No1 And everyone's always saying it's too easy, and that Snipers have an unfair advantage over everyone else, so I think this negated both those complaints. The whole point is that it should be DIFFERENT and a CHALLENGE each month.

Item trial was well-balanced, IMO. The boots and moustaches aren't a 100% drop, so those took some effort (I didn't get full points for either). I think the amount of time we had for it was just about perfect! Trivia was also good, I just suck at general knowledge, haha.

Played on my sbk sinx but was very glad I brought a couple of edp bottles with me because I probably wouldn't have gotten full points on the vesper round otherwise. Couldn't unhide to sbk them cuz I was low on HP items by then and they kept mobbing up. My damage was crap but it did the trick. XD

Monster Trial
Round 1: Managed to kill about five of them but wasted way too many HP items and was running out of time so cloaked and ran for the exit. 5 points
Round 2: Walked in and died in one shot, lol. My shining moment of awesome. 0 points
Round 3: edp grimtoothed, but only killed 3 of 5. Was running out of time, so cloaked and ran again. 5 points
Round 4: edp grimtoothed and made it out just in time. 10 points
Round 5: sbk'd it to death and spammed the remainder of my HP items. 10 points
Total of 30 points

Item Trial
7/12 White Mustache
40/40 Fire Orb (thank god for Steal! Love )
6/10 Captain Boots
8/8 Smelly Cheese (wait, I thought it was 10...? Maybe I wrote it down wrong.)
6/6 Fancy Robes
Total of 40 points

Had my 70 points and was happy, but I stuck around for the other rounds as well cuz it's fun. Even though I am total balls at trivia, haha. I got only one question even though I really should have known at least two others.

I'm with the Dark side, so mass battle's always kind of a downer, but I managed to not glitch out until the SECOND round this time, which was new and rare, so yay for that. Also we had two priests, so that was exciting, haha. Totally outnumbered though. Cry And I'm not built for PVP so I'm all but useless (sorry guys! D: ).

Thoroughly enjoyed this month's ToH, once I calmed down from my initial one-hit-KO fury from the second round of monster trial, lol. Good job, Glyph!

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
06-19-2011 11:59 AM
Dchestryo Offline
Dezilen - The Clumsy

Now i'm kinda relieved for not attending this month's ToH...

L0L!!

Dezilen - Sniper 99/70    Online (almost)everyday
Xymlen - Hunter 95/50
Softand - Priest 7x/4x

"When we're at our lowest point, we're opened up to our greatest chance" - Avatar Aang

06-19-2011 04:35 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

Oh, Glyph isn't Light, Ptah.
I'd never let him in to the faction. Icon_razz

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

06-19-2011 09:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

gotta love the snipers dying, but spamming AV AND tarot was just hax. Nice idea, but give that to the 3s or the final monster... not 10s who just pos-lag the hell out of you... (yes my wife's LK even got pos-lagged into he water... she shoulda been able to take em otherwise)

orrrr you could make them do it with a lower percentage or on a lower health or with a bit more delay Ok

second one was more OK, but imho again FSK (with stuns) should be on the 5s or 3s rather than the 7s. on the other hand, the 3rd one is a bit too easy and coulda gone on the 7s.

The 4th was right on target, but the 5th was srsly a joke...

items are good and all, and overall the low attendance made KSs much MUCH MUCH less of an issue than usual, but again imho we gotta come up with a way to screw hunters a bit more rather than mage classes and/or melee DPS.

wasn't there for trivia, but looking at the questions i think they're pretty balanced. Not entirely too easy, but definitely not too hard either. The only other aspect we need to factor in is how many seconds were allowed for each particular question. Could you perhaps jot that in too next time? Thanks No1

-w-
06-20-2011 01:08 AM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

RE:??June 2011 ToH Appreciation Thread

GM-Circe Wrote:Oh, Glyph isn't Light, Ptah.
I'd never let him in to the faction. Icon_razz

Too bad, i've already opened backdoor for him~

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
06-20-2011 09:14 AM
nezu Offline
Priest of The Future

1: AFK
2: AFK
3: AFK
4: AFK
5: AFK

trivia: AFK
item: didnt participate