Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WIPE
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: WIPE

Well.. have you been in game lately? The average number of players on the server has dropped considerably. T_T

Splitting that into 2 servers would be the death of the server imho, it's already not very "lively" lately, we need to get more people.

Speaking of lively, I'll hold an event tonight. ^_^

And don't feel bad that we're not taking your idea, we appreciate your suggestions. When the server is better perhaps we could consider a mid rate, or maybe high rate, where people could tests builds and such.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
08-15-2006 01:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pyronic Offline
Fire Starter

lets say im new and i come to the server and see like 17 people on max. O_O cool il call my friends make a guild and wel rue the server durign WoEs. When woe comes a verry powerfull guild comes and destroys you and your freinds

thats what would make me leave -_-.

[Image: pyrosig1ln4.th.jpg]

Uploaded with
ImageShack.us
    *~Talking to my blades like they fly b*tches~*
08-15-2006 02:16 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

A thing that we could do to improve action during woe would be to have one castle open at a time.

exemple :

Wednesday: geffen castle oppened during one hour

Sunday: prontera castle oppened during one hour

Monday : Aldebaran castle oppened during one hour

Making 3 woe of one hour per week and with one castle open at a time will foccus the action and let people build some economy because each castle can only be attaked once per week.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2006 02:24 PM by Général_Argos.)
08-15-2006 02:24 PM
sirona Away
Eh?!

Pyronic Wrote:lets say im new and i come to the server and see like 17 people on max. O_O cool il call my friends make a guild and wel rue the server durign WoEs. When woe comes a verry powerfull guild comes and destroys you and your freinds

thats what would make me leave -_-.

*LOL* If a little defeat from WoE make people want to leave, that's an attitude of a loser... You can't win everywhere ingame or in real life. If one hates losing against someone, they should find tactics or ways to improve themselves against them.

Very powerful guilds usually have their own set of tactics while weaker guilds are usually more disorganized. If a weaker guild wants to win, they would have to develop their tactics and work in a team. WoE is all about teamwork and soloing is usually impossible unless it is transcendant characters. /swt

I agree with Panda that you shouldn't do 'everything' for the new players. You can help them by giving them pots or tanking them at training grounds until they are strong enough to solo on their own (first class). That way, those people won't get lazy. I think feeling welcome on a server is another thing heRO is lacking at times. I see some people are extremely helpful, some are too quiet to speak (but would want to help out if one needs help) and some are just obsessed about pvp that they don't care about anyone else. Maybe I just see the extremes...

Another thing that would help is to stop putting grudges/ labels on others. If one is from AE or OoC, they might not be as bad as you thought they are individually. If you put behind those labels and create a sense of community, I think it will help improve the situation a lot instead of people perceiving as a cold server and go away after two weeks.

Semper vigilans.

Living my life like a ninja... so, leave me alone... *vanish*
08-15-2006 02:38 PM
Lance Offline
Dragon Lance - Hiya! Normal People!

RE:??WIPE

Eh...wipe? um...Pandora said no. I need not say more. Icon_mad

sirona Wrote:That's my two cents.

... MY TWO CENTS!!! Icon_twisted
(seriously, Icon_cry )
08-15-2006 03:54 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

You can still give your opinion, but I really don't see what could make me change my mind. XD

Haven't had any other GM input either, but when we started the server, we said there would be no wipe.

~ Server Admin ~
08-15-2006 03:58 PM
Pyronic Offline
Fire Starter

Wipe = evil
evil = dark side
dark side = no yoda
no yoda = bad

[Image: pyrosig1ln4.th.jpg]

Uploaded with
ImageShack.us
    *~Talking to my blades like they fly b*tches~*
08-15-2006 04:17 PM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

Wipe to attract newbs is rather weak reason i think.

Personally if newbs want to pwn in woe, then its really not reasonable. I remember when i first join this server and i was a swordy. I get pwned almost every woe. But that doesnt scare me away from the server.

i also notice that many ppl just rush in without planning ahead in WOE so its not the fault of high lvls. True a few ppl left the server because of being low lvl but i have to agree that that is just an attitude that will get you nowhere.

also note that I still havent trancend after playing my char for almost a year now and i have no problems with that. WOE is about knowing what your build is good for and do what you can do and leave the rest to teamwork IMO.
08-15-2006 11:47 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Amen! ^_^

~ Server Admin ~
08-16-2006 08:01 AM
Lance Offline
Dragon Lance - Hiya! Normal People!

Well, I was meanign there was no reason for me to state why I would think a wipe would be a very , very bad thing if you had already said no wipe Panda. Icon_wink

And the 2-cents thing was my saying! It was borrowed without permission. T-T
08-16-2006 04:03 PM