Poll: What should we do with the BG Broadcasts?
I don't care either way
Broadcast start of BG globally
Broadcast start of BG in basic towns
Broadcast start of BG in Izlude only
Broadcast fight results globally
Broadcast fight results in basic towns
Broadcast fight results in Izlude only
Broadcast BG reminder globally
Broadcast BG reminder in basic towns
Don't broadcast BG reminder at all
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BG Broadcasts
Former-GM-Salt Offline

BG Broadcasts

This is not a big issue or anything, but we were discussing this among the GMs and couldn't come to any conclusion, so we figured that we'd ask what you all think about it.

With the upcoming BG update BG will happen more frequently (once an hour), and that means that the BG broadcasts will happen more frequently. So what we want to know is what you think about them. We want the opinion of both people who play BG and those don't.

Anything resulting from this poll will not be in the upcoming bg update, but rather a future update some time after that.

The broadcasts could be changed to Izlude-only so the players who are actually participating in the BG could see them. Another option is to have them in the basic RO towns (Prontera, Geffen, Payon, Izlude, Morroc, Al De Baran, and Alberta). Or we could keep doing them globally as they are now.

We would imagine that players who do play BG appreciate the reminder that its starting if you're planning to sign up but don't keep an eye on the time at all times, or if you're just playing causally and figure "hey, BG is starting, might as well do that". But people who have no interest in BG might find it annoying. You might also want to consider that with BG keys BGs will start out of schedule sometimes, so its not always just a matter of keeping track of the the time.

Then there's the broadcast announcing the winners when BG is done. Which is all about the glory, and maybe for getting an idea about the people participating in BG, and congratulating friends/guildmates when you see them win. We're not sure if you like this either, or if you find it annoying.

And lastly we've been discussing adding a third broadcast, a reminder that BG is starting, but that would only be broadcasted if not enough people have signed up for BG when there is 2 or 3 minutes left. One option would be to make the starting broadcast Izlude-only, or basic towns only, and if enough people do not sign up we could do this reminder broadcast globally.

The broadcast about BG being canceled is going to be changed to Izlude-only, since those who didn't sign up would never have a reason to care about that.

Vote in the poll or post your opinion below if you have one.
08-04-2011 01:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

RE: BG Broadcasts

the five minute time period of BG about to start isn't long enough to let people forget, and aside from that the people that have already joined try to encourage others through main - imo we don't need the reminder.

otherwise poll speaks for itself

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
08-04-2011 02:18 PM
Aevyn Offline

No option for no broadcast of results? I voted for a global announce of BG starts, but I'd prefer no announcing of results. This would cut back on some of the spam.
08-04-2011 05:51 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp

Maybe allow a user to choose his options? Say perhaps among:

-Global Broadcast
-Specify One Town
-->List of towns
No Broadcasts

Just my opinion, probably add on a lot of code to the script though.
08-04-2011 06:06 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

That'd be nice for those that just, have no interest in BG. I agree with Rankin's suggestion.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
08-04-2011 07:01 PM
Former-GM-Salt Offline

RE:??BG Broadcasts

Aevyn Wrote:No option for no broadcast of results???I voted for a global announce of BG starts, but I'd prefer no announcing of results.??This would cut back on some of the spam.

We have to let the people who was in the BG but died early know the results somehow.

Rankin Wrote:Maybe allow a user to choose his options? Say perhaps among:

You can't do a broadcast to just a specific person. We could make it pop up a NPC dialogue for everyone who signed up to get the info, but that would be a bad idea for various reasons, for example if someone is mobbing and suddenly a dialogue comes up they could die.
08-04-2011 11:55 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp

RE: ??BG Broadcasts

GM-Salt Wrote:
Rankin Wrote:Maybe allow a user to choose his options? Say perhaps among:

You can't do a broadcast to just a specific person. We could make it pop up a NPC dialogue for everyone who signed up to get the info, but that would be a bad idea for various reasons, for example if someone is mobbing and suddenly a dialogue comes up they could die.
Ah, I see. I like the spam the server then. Much more fun. Sides, whenever I'm actually on, it doesnt bother me. Pretty much the same as "So and so was just born into this world."
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2011 01:59 AM by Rankin.)
08-05-2011 01:59 AM
ManiacManiac19 Offline
space olympics champion guy#1

Are people really "bothered" by an announcement that's only once an hour? Maybe if it was every 15 minutes, but an hour? If someone gets upset about BG spam then wow they need to learn to relax!

Please don't cut out BG global broadcasts, I'm a casual player of BG and I don't keep track of the time for it. I am the person that thinks "hey, BG is starting, might as well do that". I uhh.. actually think it's fine how it is right now.

[Image: 14233_s.gif]
in distant worlds, playing as..
[N]John Smith[7] {level 612 ardat-yakshi necromancer}
..and many others!
08-05-2011 02:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aevyn Offline

RE: ??BG Broadcasts

GM-Salt Wrote:We have to let the people who was in the BG but died early know the results somehow.
What? What does that have to do with global announcements? When the BG is over, everyone gets warped to the BG map where they have to click an NPC... which tells them if they won or not.
08-05-2011 02:43 AM
pnutbuttajelly Offline
PBJ > AMJ

I am 100% with Aevyn.

Quote:Will says:
If they ever tell my story, let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names will never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Proto, raper of noobs. Let them say, I lived, In the time, Of Pnut.
08-05-2011 03:15 AM