[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
August 2011 ToH Feedback Thread
Former-GM-Glyph Offline
Circe's girlfriends' girlfriend

August 2011 ToH Feedback Thread

Greetings.

So, we were all there in ToH, and we all saw what happened with Monster Trial. I apologize for that, as mistakes did happen between testing and then putting them on the actual server for ToH.

It seems the skills from last month were still sitting there, so instead of the Porings I modified, we had the Porings I modified with the skills from last month on top of that which killed the balance I had in my mind

And while I'm happy with the fact that not everyone managed to just go through and get wings and that some felt that they had to work hard for it, I'm not happy with how it all went down.

Just so you know, this mistake will not happen again and you can look forward to a difficult but not impossible Trial of Heroes the next time I host, which isn't next month so take a break from my insanity.

Icon_cool

Now lets get down to it.

Monsters: (The ones I intended anyway)
Nin Poring: Poring modified to have Lightning Spear of Ice, Cicada Shell, Illusionary Shadow, and Falling Ice Pillar. Supposed to be annoying but doable for most classes.
Blazering: Modified Magmaring with low magic and Meteor Storm, NPC Fire Attack, a Firebreath, and Acid Terror to break some armor for kicks.
Bombring: Modified bomb with a fun combo of Stop, Snap, then a 2 second cast Final Strike that is able to be interrupted. Threw on a Bash for an actual attack and a couple of status attacks such as sleep and Dragon Fear to offset the 50 seconds between them using the Stop Combo.
Raining and Pouring: A modified Pouring with Wall of Fog, Amp Magic, and Esma + Waterball.
Boss Pandaring: A Pandaring modified to change elements as the HP went down and to have a number of skills during each phase. Also had the hilarious habit of Snaping, Dispelling and spamming Quagmire and Ruwach everywhere.

Needless to say quite a bit was removed after we realized the extent of the issue..

Icon_twisted

Item Trial:
36 Piece of Armor
16 Blue Hair Lock
50 Goat Skin
4 Moon Jewel
6 Smelly Cheese
08-28-2011 03:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

RE: August 2011 ToH Feedback Thread

1st voters
08-28-2011 04:07 PM
n3xus Offline

aside from the monster trial mistake, the map needs to be fixed. i got pushed on to the black part of the map with no way of moving. stuck on one cell. seems like i'm not the only one that ever experienced this too. there is nothing "heroic" about having to choose between just letting yourself die or using all your pots to gain 5 points in one round of monster. it's a bug on the map.

[Image: asdfnx.jpg]
08-28-2011 05:59 PM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

Monster trial indeed was bad. I even raged. A bit. With a warning from Panda. Am so ashamed Icon_cry
Anyways, part 2: WTF?! THOSE WERE PORING MONSTERS?! O_O
I saw them as totally last ToH mobs.
Anyways. I got my 90 points and happy. Item was VERY easy for sniper, and goddamn spooky for creas. Anyways. GJ and reserve other ID slots for mobs next time please.

PS: I'm still wandering WHAT was boss pandaring supposed to do that you were cutting off for 10 straight mins?

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
08-28-2011 07:23 PM
iSpam Offline
so i herd u liek mudkipz

monster trial was decentfor creators at least Laugh although I had to run away from that pandaring (OHKOed my MC-ed Lif TWICE!)

wait wait. what the hell are those blazering and bombrings? i fought geographers :o

trivia was horrible. i only got 2 right p.p(excluding the poring one)

There are four brothers in this world that were all born together:
The first he runs and never wearies,
The second eats and is never full.
The third he drinks and is ever thirsty,
And the fourth sings a song that is never good.
[Image: sn1bw7.gif]
08-28-2011 08:13 PM
Serenity Away
Serenity Now

While I didn't get 50 points in items or more than 1 answer right in trivia, I felt that they were good. Monster round was OMG. Can we nerf some other class beside sniper please? Icon_smile

Lify ~ Moon Light
-------------------------
Back from the dead once again.
08-29-2011 09:53 AM
Aevyn Offline

Exactly how are these monster trials tested???I overheard someone saying that said GM had tested it on non-reborn classes, and that all the monsters were beatable.??Unless the monsters were behaving way off of what was intended, I don't see how this could be possible.??Are these characters geared to the teeth vs. said monster, and the tester armed with all the monster knowledge???If so, how fair is that???Again, assuming this isn't already done, perhaps GMs who don't know anything about the monsters should do the testing???Also, when testing, is the fact that you can't storage taken into account???(And the fact that there are two trials, so you'll want a good amount of your consumables remaining.) What about difference in play-style/builds???I realize that certain builds will do better in TOH, and that's just how it's going to be... and I realize that balancing a monster trial is probably incredibly hard... but are both VIT -and- AGI builds taken into consideration???The first rounds, where you face a good 10 monsters, are -hell- if they all sit there and spam skills.??It gets to the point where there's so much spam my clicks aren't registering.??Anyway... long question short... I'm curious about the testing procedures.

And some suggestions:??Please don't use Stop.??At least not when there's more than 1 monster to deal with.??2 minutes, and for a good 30 seconds I'm supposed to just sit there???Use something like Close Confine that you can evade with Hide instead.??RO suffers a lot from position lag, and Stop creates a lot of frustration in my opinion.??Also, please consider how hardcore DEF kills certain classes ability to kill.??Again, I'm fully aware of the fact that my own Stalker build is very sub-par for TOH monster trials... but when I'm sitting on maxed out DEX with an OAB, using one of the highest % damage skills available to me... and I do ~1000-1500 damage per hit... and I have to do 50k damage (5 times...), I just have to give up and run.

The idea of giving monsters all these crazy customized behaviors is neat, but I feel it's being overdone.??There's just not enough time per round to consider strategies and observe monster skill usage.??At least not when they use 5+ skills each, and there's 10 monsters all using different stuff at the same time.??Perhaps tone it down, where each round has -one- tricky mechanic you have to consider?

And last but not least, some praise.??I very much appreciate the extra points that were added.??The PVP portion was also very smooth once it got going, good work on that.??TOH is a cool event in general, and as much as I find some portions frustrating (probably because of my poor choice of TOH class), I'll keep attending it.
08-29-2011 03:41 PM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

@glyph: 90 int on blazering =/= low magic
08-29-2011 03:45 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Airman has apparently beaten the hell out of you Mega Mans (or is it Men???) of the server. :O

Congrats Airman, you are indeed difficult to beat it seems~

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-29-2011 10:20 PM
iSpam Offline
so i herd u liek mudkipz

RE:??August 2011 ToH Feedback Thread

Aaronock Wrote:Airman has apparently beaten the hell out of you Mega Mans (or is it Men???) of the server. :O

Congrats Airman, you are indeed difficult to beat it seems~

that's cause they don't have item#2 >:D

There are four brothers in this world that were all born together:
The first he runs and never wearies,
The second eats and is never full.
The third he drinks and is ever thirsty,
And the fourth sings a song that is never good.
[Image: sn1bw7.gif]
08-29-2011 10:44 PM