Poll: Was Orcus' difficulty balanced regarding the loots?
This poll is closed.
Orcus was too easy 0% 0 0%
Orcus seemed balanced 0% 0 0%
Orcus was too hard 25.93% 7 25.93%
I was not present during the event, or I'm not sure 74.07% 20 74.07%
Total 27 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Orcus discussion thread
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

RE: Orcus discussion thread

Why didnt you?
10-18-2011 01:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
iSpam Offline
so i herd u liek mudkipz

because i wasn't there?

There are four brothers in this world that were all born together:
The first he runs and never wearies,
The second eats and is never full.
The third he drinks and is ever thirsty,
And the fourth sings a song that is never good.
[Image: sn1bw7.gif]
10-18-2011 02:23 PM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

Take in mind we all thought it would be an MVP, so unstatusable, and when we found out about this being false it was too late to restock >.>

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
10-18-2011 02:46 PM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

I feel like this is another Ayu creation, even though Ayu isn't around.

Pandora says that this is killable, but is this from the test server knowledge or is this one of those things that GM's look at a target, type in @nuke, and things die?

I see this custom falling under the category of when it first gets released, a few people will be interested, but then no one will use it. I don't think that this is inviting for people to try and honestly it seems like a waste of time to even worry about.

Think about the other customs that have had little/no lifespan on HeRO
- Pixie dungeon
- Thanatos tower quest
- Bylan custom mvp
- Magma dungeon custom mvp
The list keeps on going, and I think that this massive beast of an MVP (2mil HP more than Satan Morroc, 3 mil more than Ifrit, 4 mil more than Bee, 7 mil more than Valk or Nyd) that throws around such top end skills and attacks more than any other MVP currently on the server. And to say that his high end skills like screen wide MS or earthquake will be tankable by someone who is not specially geared with high end cards is HIGHLY unlikely. He'll be there, people will look at him, but he will not be farmed or killed nearly as much as any other high end MVP.

Let him loose.
Keep on trying to suck as much out of Thana tower as you can (Pandora and Co. we all know you love running things in/on/around Thana tower, an overwhelming amount of your custom quests involve things from there).
There will be a few attempts at killing him.
There might even be 4 or even 5 kills of him, and then people are going to get annoyed at the low drop rate of the bracer vs the time and effort it takes to kill him.
Finally, just like Bee, SM, Ifrit, Valk, and others- Orcus will fall to the category of MVP's that people like the idea of killing, but rarely actually do get killed.

Edit: I got bored while thinking about this in class so I wanted to put all of the fun that's going up against you if you do try to kill Orcus-
1- 10 MIL HP, this is an Ifrit+Valk fight combined.
2- Changes element at 1/3 HP- sure you can chuck AD's at him or even asuras, but after 6 mil HP of damage, you're going to have to change your dps. I'm assuming that with this change in elements at 1/3, there will also be a coding in attacks at 1/3 HP which means that it gets a LOT harder at 1/3 HP.
3- Can't portal asura (valk and nyd tactics), so don't try to think about that.
4- Can't devo and safety wall tank (Bee tactic), so don't try to think about that.
5- Quick use of EQ's and MS means that you will party wipe, and you will have to climb the tower all over again. Each time you try to kill him, and your party fails, you start on the bottom of Thana tower. Even if you rush climbing the tower, to get to the higher levels takes at least 45-60 minutes from the bottom floor. Get ready for spending at least 6+ hours in trying to kill him.
6- MVP- no status, no push back, no way to make him shut up, so you're going to get screwed no matter what.
7- I haven't done the math, but I'm assuming you're going to need a full 12 person party for this, and with such a low drop rate, you're going to have a 7% chance for it to drop to you, and then a 1/12 rate of dicing for it, all assuming that you can kill it.
8- Most likely heals itself. If you party wipe, you're starting from stage one.
9- Seeing as no one has actually tried this with a real group instead of just a massive event group, no one knows the tactic, or the classes that are needed, which will require at least 8+ attempts to try to get things right. Anyone want to run this guy that many times just in hopes of trying to figure out how to survive longer than a minute with this guy? Most likely the full coding and effects of Orcus have not been told to us, so there are going to be little 'surprises' when you finally get up there. Think about trying to kill Bee without knowing what he does, that he needs to transform or you don't get drops, that you should bring SC and sleep immunity cards, that he exiles people, that penumas stop certain attacks but not others, or any knowledge of him. Sure, there might have been an "event" involving him, but I don't think that the event gave a good understanding to what he can/will do.

I find it funny. This 10 mil HP MVP of DOOM all for the STR equivalent of something that drops from an 80k solo-able monster. Sure, one is str and the other is dex, but there seems to be quite the difference between monsters and the gear they drop.

Good luck to any/all people that want to tackle this one.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2011 03:20 PM by Adrillf.)
10-18-2011 02:49 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Actually, I know a few people who regularly farm Skoll. I regularly use Pixie dungeon for leveling my crusaders.

From what I've heard, people have stopped farming Levia lusca due to an edit in his AI that made him significantly harder/not worth the time/ "Impossible to farm".

In all honesty, I'd like to do the thana tower quest, but I don't have that much time on my hands these days, and more than likely forget the step I'm on. I would like to do the observation wings one, but thana parties seem to be rare these days. Here's hoping Orcus will help with that.
10-18-2011 02:58 PM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

Heh, I kill skoll mostly to have the map free of his presence for my farming usually.

Anyway, I'll probably fall under the category Adrillf mentionned aka i'll try a few times then rage quit on him.

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
10-18-2011 05:25 PM
GM-Azote Offline
The Ban GM

More information:

There is no special skill added below 30% HP, only the element change, just to make sure it's not all asura-prof possible.

The MVP won't teleport. However he uses Meteor Storm on rude attack, be it magical or ranged, or just being IDLE. Sometimes an Evil Land will appear instead. Evil Land is also used below 50% when he attacks.

In melee and movement, he has Earthquake, and uses it less than Orc Lord (aftercast time is a little longer). Orcus sometimes replaces it by PulseStrike or area stone curse.

He has no special range protection and his 3 summons are not very mighty.

The 3 summons:
One of them has Land Protector
One of them has Loki and then stops moving
One of them has SP breaker
The 3 of them have less than 100k life.

Dungeon Access:
This has not been fully decided yet, but we're considering the use of an item(s) for the NPC to let your party enter. More details will be released on that later.

As I read the numerous comments, I'll lower the life points.
I'll do the same to Orcus' earthquake power. I didn't see anyone resisting (alive) although there was numerous characters around the MVP.

[Image: Azote.gif]
HeROwiki
Support tickets
10-18-2011 08:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Yah if a 12 person party can't live the EQ with proper resists on then there is definitely a problem XD

Glad to hear its being tweaked. :]

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-18-2011 09:16 PM
trinitrotoluen Offline

hey, damn of EQ can be devided by number of targer? .if yes, it so fun to ice wall and plant mushroom to be alive after EQ

Become champion in pvp is not only way to be famous.just be lord of namless to get loving from heroes xD.

sieuxathu. Sniper 96/64 hcp really hunter, need aura.
Tri Nitro Toluen creator 97/61 noob bomd man,wish my old AI
physical attractive champion cant control lvl mvp hunter
kute blacksmith 70/40 fishing man
~super stealing~ rogue 94/50 lkf 1 policeress to marry
Acid Clohidrics alchemist 96/50 ad maker  
10-18-2011 09:35 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??Orcus discussion thread

trinitrotoluen Wrote:hey, damn of EQ can be devided by number of targer? .if yes, it so fun to ice wall and plant mushroom to be alive after EQ
Wait, mushrooms can be hit by monsters? If they can that might be an even better option, since they'd be re-usable in EQ spam since they'd only take 1 damage a hit.
10-18-2011 10:27 PM