Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Storage space and Custom Hats/Gears
Mara Offline
Self Titled Goddess

RE: Storage space and Custom Hats/Gears

It's pretty simple, asking for something you can easily fix yourself is kind of stupid.

You never see a suggestion for making the 100 item count on characters be increased, because you store/sell/drop items before you on hand inventory is full. Well same goes for the storage, asking people to give you more space for something you can fix yourself within the boundaries already given is pretty dumb to me and many others.

Mara: 9x/50 Soul Linker
Mami: +89/50 Priest <3
Lind: 9x/6x Champion
Urtool: 9x/5x Creator - Paz: 99 Lif
Noob Behind A Bow: hurr/durr DERP DERP
11-06-2011 07:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

I really wish people could debate things on this forum without resorting to calling everyone who disagrees with them "stupid" and "dumb" all the time. /pet peeve

Anyway, I think the main point that Vergil was trying to make in the original post (correct me if I'm wrong) was that the reason the storage is too small for a lot of people is because we have so many CUSTOM items, most of them gears, and if you have multiples of any of them, they each take up a slot, which takes up a lot of space. I know mine's almost full right now because of all the birthday and Halloween gears I got from the events these past couple of weeks. And some people just like hoarding loots; I don't see why that's something to be looked down on for.

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
11-06-2011 08:10 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE:??Storage space and Custom Hats/Gears

demishock Wrote:that the reason the storage is too small for a lot of people is because we have so many CUSTOM items, most of them gears, and if you have multiples of any of them

You do realise heRO's 1000 storage limit is also custom, right?

On officials, it's 600, or 900, if you pay to play the premium servers.
They also have gears there we can't get here.

The "I need more storage space because we have CUSTOM items, and officials don't" is silly.

Government, pl0x upgrade my house because I have too many newspapers, and don't want to throw any out. I'm a collector, and they're custom!

Inasad
stop doing dickers
11-06-2011 08:40 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

100,000 Item limit plz cuz I dunno what the next custom quest will need so I'll hoard everything from any/everything I ever kill for the next 5 decades!

Honestly, I like smaller storage spaces, it forces me to either sell stuff (and potentially make a profit) or break stuff (and potentially make better gears for me to grind more smoothly).

I can understand the viewpoint that storage needs to be larger due to the fact that MANY who play RO are avid hat collectors. I do tend to get by NPC-ing a lot of the misc items I get. Major problems I have is with the useless cards that are not taken by hatter or wanted by players.

BUT, managing that space is part of this type of RPG game.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2011 08:55 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
11-06-2011 08:48 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

RE: ??Storage space and Custom Hats/Gears

Ellie Wrote:You do realise heRO's 1000 storage limit is also custom, right?

On officials, it's 600, or 900, if you pay to play the premium servers.
They also have gears there we can't get here.

The "I need more storage space because we have CUSTOM items, and officials don't" is silly.

Government, pl0x upgrade my house because I have too many newspapers, and don't want to throw any out. I'm a collector, and they're custom!

Yes, I know it's custom. I was just trying to point out that the original post seemed to be about custom gears, when a lot of what I saw being discussed was hoarding vs. selling loot items. As The Legendary Joe pointed out, there are a fair number of people who collect gears (especially hats) for the sake of collecting them, so I can see where that would lead to a lot of storage space being taken up.

I still don't see how raising the amount of storage space for people who want more is in any way detrimental to people who don't need more. It helps one group and doesn't affect the other, as far as I can tell.

No, the government's not going to upgrade someone's house, but they can certainly move to a new one if they need more space. The difference here is that we, the players, have no control over the amount of space ourselves, and therefore have to ask the GMs to do something about it.

I don't have a problem with the amount of space we have now, but I'm also not opposed to having more. Unfortunately, as Circe pointed out, it's not possible without errors, so it is what it is. At this point I'm only arguing it because I honestly don't see what the big deal is. Thinking

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
11-06-2011 11:37 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE:????Storage space and Custom Hats/Gears

demishock Wrote:Yes, I know it's custom. I was just trying to point out that the original post seemed to be about custom gears, when a lot of what I saw being discussed was hoarding vs. selling loot items. As The Legendary Joe pointed out, there are a fair number of people who collect gears (especially hats) for the sake of collecting them, so I can see where that would lead to a lot of storage space being taken up.

I'm one of those. I collect headgears. I have a lot of them.
I do not, however, have 1000 of them.

When I clear out my storage, I clear out my loots, as those are unique item types I get most of, most often.

Hunting a Poring and shoving the loots into storage, for instance, will use as many slots as 2-3+ headgears would.

It's entirely logical to suggest to gear collectors to clear out their loots to free up storage space.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
11-06-2011 11:43 PM
Mara Offline
Self Titled Goddess

Hat collectors don't use their collection, so why not make another account to have an entire storage dedicated to their items?

Mara: 9x/50 Soul Linker
Mami: +89/50 Priest <3
Lind: 9x/6x Champion
Urtool: 9x/5x Creator - Paz: 99 Lif
Noob Behind A Bow: hurr/durr DERP DERP
11-07-2011 03:10 PM
Apples Offline

D:< It is called playing dress up.

IGN:
Red.Apple
Candy.Apple
11-07-2011 06:09 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

So how about a Kafra closet?

[Head]gears only, limit of x.

That way all of the people complaining about [somehow] maxing out all of their storage because of gears can have a place for said gears.??Ok

Of course my serious suggestion is to stop whining and NPC some of the random crap that is clogging your storage - but that's been said too many times already; surely there's a more logical resolution... >_>

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
11-07-2011 07:21 PM
Firenza Offline

I stockpile loot because I can never know in advance what a custom quest/event may require.

Another reason why I don't see selling loot as a solution is because the longer someone plays, the more space their equipments will take. Once all that space is taken up by those gears, then we won't be able to use our storage as a transferring tool to pass our loot to our merchants. I just like the idea of knowing that if today I decide to randomly hit up ant hell, the misc loot I will get from there will not increase my current item count at all.

At the end of the day I guess 1000 is enough though, since it is true that a lot of the stuff we keep will rarely ever be used, so we may as well put them in the storage of a separate account.
11-08-2011 03:49 PM