Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Storage space and Custom Hats/Gears
Former-GM-Salt Offline

RE: Storage space and Custom Hats/Gears

Here's a more technical explanation for why we can't increase the storage any further:

When you open your storage the server sends the entire content of the storage to you in one single "packet" (not packets as in network packets, but what eathena calls packets). The RO client can only handle "packets" of up to a certain size, if a packet longer than that is received the client crashes. So if there are too many items in the storage it makes ro crash when you open the storage.

We are currently very close to this limit. In fact, in some circumstances we are already past it. This is because the server needs to send more information about equipment than about other items (what refine level, what cards are slotted, etc). So right now if someone were to put too many equipments into their storage it would make them crash. This has happened a couple of times already on accounts some people have that were made specifically for storing equipments, and we've had to go in and manually remove items from these peoples storage to make them not crash. So to be safe we would decrease the limit, rather than increase it.

But the average player will have too many non-equipment items in their storage, so they won't fit enough equipments in there to trigger the crash, which is why we'll keep it at the current limit for now. But increasing it further is unfortunately not an option.
11-17-2011 06:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Myrus Offline

People complain too much, I still remember when storage was only 300 items, maybe less...
When I logged in here the first time I couldn't believe it was 1k because I thought the same thing as GM-Salt.
If you have problems with that just create more accounts.
11-17-2011 12:47 PM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

Okay, I'll devide by 10, easy math, remove a zero.

That means instead of hiding 10 world trade towers, Kafra is only hiding one of them.

I STILL WANT TO SEE MY PILE OF JUNK!
11-17-2011 01:41 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

I honestly think it's best to assign a single weight as maybe 10 grams (1kg/100).??Sure, a feather probably just weighs a single gram, but I'm sure that a zargon must weigh at least 10 grams if it can make 50 silver arrows even if they both weigh the same.??0.o

Then again, I doubt a tux weighs a single, ten, 100 or even 1,000 grams.

RO's weight system is just too silly.??xp

I wanna know not only how a waste stove can fit in a tiny egg, but how that egg can weigh absolutely nothing.

Time Lord technology, perhaps???It certainly would explain the Kafra storage conundrum. Thinking

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
11-17-2011 08:55 PM
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

No one ever said that egg was SMALL either. Evil

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni