Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wii's info revealed at last!
GM-Boomy Offline
Admin

Wii's info revealed at last!

from my LJ:

Quote:Finally! I stayed awake just for that!

Launch date:
- Japan: December 2nd 2006 at 25,000 yen (tax included)
- USA: November 19th 2006 at 250$US only in white
- Europe: (not confirmed yet)

Included in the box:
- Wii console
- 1 controller
- 1 nunchuk
- 1 AC adapter
- 1 composite cable
- 1 Wii stand
- 1 Support plate
- 1 sensor bar
- 1 sensor bar stand
- 2 AA batteries
- 1 Wii Sports Game (USA ONLY)
- Opera web browser (JAPAN ONLY)

The price for a game will never exceed 5900 yen (50$US) except for limited and special edition of a game. 1 Wii remote will cost 3,800 yen (32$US). Nunchuk and classic controller for 1,800 yen each (15$US). Wii sports will sell for 4,800 yen (40$US).

Virtual Console price:
- NES game: 500 yen (4,25$US)
- SNES games: 800 yen (7,00$US)
- N64 games: 1000yen (9,00$US)

10 Virtual Console Games every month. 30 VC games available by the end of the year. VC will support MSX games, Genesis and Tubo Graphic 16 games.

Zelda is a launching title in japan and USA at a price of 5,800 yen

Wii Sports will include the following sports:
- Baseball
- Tennis
- Golf
- Bowling
- Boxing

http://www.xelopolis.com/news/mai2006/nintendo-wii.jpg
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/5532/...000am5.jpg

[Image: htnxc]
09-14-2006 11:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SwiftStrike Offline
teh fuh.

RE: Wii's info revealed at last!

Woot O_O

[Image: seifer.jpg]
09-14-2006 12:20 PM
jman212 Offline

xD Nunchuck!!Icon_lol

IGetMoney~LoA Forever.
[Image: LoAcopy.jpg]
09-14-2006 12:32 PM
SwiftStrike Offline
teh fuh.

gotta save up some monay >_>

09-14-2006 12:34 PM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

i personally prefer swords. they are much much cooler than nunchucks.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
09-14-2006 12:36 PM
SwiftStrike Offline
teh fuh.

yea, I would like a sword in my nintendo wii box...Icon_mrgreen
or a rocket launcher or something

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2006 12:41 PM by SwiftStrike.)
09-14-2006 12:40 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

hrm i was kinda hoping for technical info. a breakdown of it's hardware and capability revealed, or has that already happened?

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
09-14-2006 03:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pyronic Offline
Fire Starter

what about SsbB?!?!?!? its the only reason i want one

[Image: pyrosig1ln4.th.jpg]

Uploaded with
ImageShack.us
    *~Talking to my blades like they fly b*tches~*
09-15-2006 01:50 AM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

My firnds getting one, then Im gonna use it while I can before I move away Icon_lol

09-15-2006 02:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Boomy Offline
Admin

From the official press kit:
Quote:Wii?
Launch Date and MSRP: Nov. 19, 2006, in the Americas at an MSRP of $249.99.

Color: White.

Size: About 8.5 inches long, 6 inches wide and less than two inches thick (157mm x 215.4mm x 44mm).

Controls: Intuitive control for anyone using the physical motion of the Wii Remote controller, which resembles a television remote control. Up to four Wii Remote controllers can be connected at once using wireless Bluetooth technology. The wireless signal can be detected within 10 meters of the console. Both the Wii Remote and Nunchuk? controllers include a three-axis motion sensor. The Wii Remote controller also includes a speaker, rumble feature and expansion port, and can be used as a pointer within 5 meters of the screen. The Wii Remote controller has a power switch, plus pad, A, B, Minus, Home, 1 and 2 buttons. The Nunchuk controller includes an analog control stick and C and Z buttons.

The Look: The Wii console features a compact design that will make it a natural addition to any television setup. It can be displayed either vertically or horizontally.

Media: A single self-loading media bay will play single- or double-layered 12-centimeter optical discs for the Wii console, as well as 8-centimeter Nintendo GameCube? discs.

Channels: The Wii Channel Menu is the main gateway for a variety of easy-to-use, interactive multimedia, entertainment and communication functions.

Communication: The Wii console can communicate with the Internet even when the power is turned off. The WiiConnect24? service delivers a new surprise or game update, even if the system is idle. Users can connect wirelessly using IEEE802.11, or with a USB 2.0 LAN adaptor. The Wii console also can communicate wirelessly with Nintendo DS?.

Virtual Console: The Wii console will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo? 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System? (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System? (NES). The Virtual Console? also will feature a ?best of? selection from Sega Genesis titles and games from the TURBO GRAFX16 console (a system jointly developed by NEC and Hudson). It also will be home to new games conceived by indie developers whose creativity is larger than their budgets.

The Specs: The Wii console has 512 megabytes of internal flash memory, two USB 2.0 ports and built-in Wi-Fi capability. A bay for an SD memory card will let players expand the internal flash memory. Design was optimized with state-of-the-art processing technologies that minimize power consumption, keep the console compact and enable the ?sleepless? WiiConnect24 mode.

CPU: PowerPC CPU (code-named ?Broadway?)
Made with a 90 nm SOI CMOS process, jointly developed with and manufactured by IBM.

Graphics Processing Unit: Being developed with ATI.

Other Features: Four ports for classic Nintendo GameCube controllers. Two slots for Nintendo GameCube Memory Cards. An AV Multi-output port for component, composite or S-video.

[Image: htnxc]
09-15-2006 05:39 AM