Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestions to increase playerbase [EVERYONE]
xKonada Offline

Suggestions to increase playerbase [EVERYONE]

I'm pretty sure many of you are bothered by the lack of a market and 2901239123 merchants in Pront whilst in reality only a handful of people are playing out of the 400 or so online population.

Being a low rate server may work against us but I refuse to believe so since there's another lowrate (if you vote you'll know) that is currently winning hands down compared to other high rate servers. So what can we do to improve our playerbase? I hope everyone takes this seriousy, especially the GMs because I forsee this as one of the problems as to why the server is pretty much dead. If you have any suggestions please do not hesistate to voice them out.

My suggestion:

1. Make a quota to have number of votes by a deadline. Success will induce a serverwide increase in exp/droprates (whatever you see fit).

2. Make V4P able to claim certain low levelled slotted gears (points can be adjusted) so its more newb friendly.

3. Custom bonuses in exp for hunting in non-popular places (eg GH) to encourage a wider variety of parties.

4. I reckon most players of RO comes from Asia, so making the server Asia timezone friendly will help out. So, appointing of GMs from Asia will help out in this case. (ToH for Asia, Woe for Asia etc.)

Flash- 9x/50 Hunter
SilentCash 6x/2x BlackSmith
SlipStream~ 6x/3x Rogue
11-28-2011 10:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

RE: Suggestions to increase playerbase [EVERYONE]

3. So then, you want the GMs to re-code the exp when those places become popular, and change the exp of somewhere else so it's higher? Rinse and repeat. It's too much trouble.

4. Who says there aren't GMs in Asia? WoE for Asia has already been asked for. And ToH for Asia... ToH is once a month. ToH needs a GM to be running it. Sometimes ToH is in favour of Asia, sometimes it's not. Nothing can be done about it.
11-28-2011 12:20 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

3 sorta sounds like a spotlight event another server I've played had... certain dungeons and fields??got increased exp on a weekly basis, chosen by forum poll.

4. I don't recall asians making that huge a fuss over it, I thought it was more the Europeans, but??w/e. It's still a decent point. I'm from the US tho.

Any suggestions I have probably wouldn't fit inside the game's peramiters for programming and codings or be purely for the lulz. Like moving platforms and Magic brooms for mages (actually has been sprited for female characters, not so for men) that enable the use of Union for flight.

Outside of more custom stuff like dungeons and monsters and new material in general,??I don't see??anything that's going to make things come out faster. Testing and Development is kinda nice for that tho,??while the people aren't paid for it,??it certainly helps having more than a single person doing all the coding for ALL of the quests and NPC's, getting your headgears to sit right where they were intended instead of floating??near your butt or out in outer space, and make sure everything is nice and balanced before gives GM-Pandora the final go-ahead and implements it into the actual server.

But the problem with T&D is they're still people, and have real lives and can't devote 24/7 to volunteer work (that'd mean they wouldn't get to see the fruit of their labor either, and would probably kill quality).

I forget which GM you gotta PM to join T&D, but I think it'd help make more things to keep people's interest and get them out into the actual server if they had more manpower.

Also, I blame the lack of market on Hill winds and Nameless(F3). Delete those maps from the database immediately!
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2011 01:40 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
11-28-2011 01:36 PM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

you PM Circe the Jerk! to be on the T&D team

and wait... YOU MEAN I COULD HAVE HATS FLOATING ABOVE MY HEAD OR NEAR MY BUTT? Mad
11-28-2011 05:05 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

If the files in the RO thing telling the game where to show the sprite of that particular hat in question aren't right, potentially yes.
11-28-2011 06:20 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

2. Make V4P able to claim certain low levelled slotted gears (points can be adjusted) so it's more newb friendly.

liked. guard[1] is one of those things. i've never understood why all of the noob slotted shields are .06% or card drop rate. that's just QQ, since they're not even that amazingly great (unlike the useful cards that drop near/at the same rate when hunting these)

3. Custom bonuses in exp for hunting in non-popular places (eg GH) to encourage a wider variety of parties.

the idea behind it is nice, but people don't really party in GH unless it's a group of friends on low level chars or something xD
parties don't happen in certain places for a reason. most of the time soloing maps is more exp than partying, and less of a hassle too. however, Race Genocide Mission of the Week would be pretty boss. buff the exp or drop rate or both (not applying to mvps if you like). i've seen other servers do this :O

though, buffing up turtle dun's exp would be cool *3* i want to try parties there instead of ice dun.

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
11-28-2011 07:26 PM
Apples Offline

Uhhh....

-Lacking of Renewal client.
I know some of my friends came for like 1 week then gave up because of it. Seem like a petty reason, but think how the new people will judge for first impression.

-Security?.
I know, Hero have a great GM team and noticed you guys, have a very good Tech GM.
But I always wonder why you guys don't have a shield? It helps but doesn't block out everything.

-BG was also a downer (I think). From what I heard it is only deathy match one, not the other fun ones =[
Then again I never BG here once, can someone clarify for me?

I can always ask my friends what they had of Hero First impression was.

--
Woe is always dying in servers. It is mid rates+ or nothing when you want to actually get a bigger WoE scene. There are always those WoE server and guilds that comes and go.
Understand, pvp/gvg or whatever is a strong factor that keeps people coming and playing.
So in general, WoE is always going to be a downer here in HeRo. Sorry.

I wonder if you guys can make a custom mini version of WoE SE and make it only on 1 day (Most likely you need to make a custom smaller version of the SE maps due to the shortage of people).
And make it on a Saturday so that we can have those player across the other side world be able to play because it would be Sunday for them.
Wed. = WoE
Sat = WoE SE
Sunday = WoE + Non trans WoE

Sorry for my rant.

IGN:
Red.Apple
Candy.Apple
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2011 07:37 PM by Apples.)
11-29-2011 07:25 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

RE:??Suggestions to increase playerbase [EVERYONE]

edit: ninjas

yeah, BG is kind of a downer. it's more team pvp and less objective, but the GMs have said they're working on adding more versions.

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2011 08:48 PM by Incarn.)
11-29-2011 08:12 PM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

RE: ??Suggestions to increase playerbase [EVERYONE]

Incarn Wrote:
Apples Wrote:-Lacking of Renewal client.

I am one of them that does want Renewal as well, but its pretty much apparent that the site's overall population will fall when its done due to a general dislike of Renewal by various members on the forum. Look at how many people have fought against it.

Even though I want it I'd rather live without it if it means we don't have to sever a limb.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
11-29-2011 08:26 PM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

When Third Classes were always brought up it was the actual Renewal Mechanics that got the third degree hate and constantly derailed the discussion.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
11-30-2011 01:06 AM