Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Um... Yeah..
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Um... Yeah..

I'm sorry you took it so badly, but you asked me a question and I gave you an answer. I don't think you currently have what it takes to be a GM on this server, I did mention I would be quite picky. Take you time, earn experience in the ragnarok game, computer-wise too and life in general. And dont be in such of a hurry.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-17-2006 09:56 AM
Find all posts by this user
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

all i can do in reference to this turn of event is scratch my head, say "ummm.....................................................................", and probably e-mail a pat in the back for tessa. (i will figure it out someday, so that should i need to kick someone in the backside i can just e-mail the kick to them)Icon_twisted

what is wrong with being normal player? GMs get lots and lots of responsibilities, and when something goes wrong the entire server knocks on your front door with pitchforks and torches, asking the question "what just happened?" (that was my overexageration and my hyperactive imagination combined with my fixation of the stereotypical image of angry mobs. angry mob without pitchforks and torches aren't fun).Icon_razz

i tried writing a quest a few days ago, still working on it now. i spent the entire weekend writing it up and i haven't even got through halfway.

of course this is just one of my personal experiments, nothing to do with heRO (along with my robotic crab claw). i just want to know what a day of doing gm work may feel like, so i started my own quest script. it is not as easy as it may seems.

that is how i realise just how much the gms actually do.*bows to pandora and all the other gms for their great effort*Icon_wink

trust me it is really hard work writing something up to keep players interested, not to make it ridiculously hard or easy, and keeping the entire server still well balanced.something that i tried to get my head around to get a feel of proper scripting. anyone can make scripts, but well moderated, working one is hard. i can write C but never actually made anything other than solitaire with it.(doesn't even have graphics on it, and i have planeed this script for some time)

it takes tons of planning, and dedication to do it.

dont take it too deep tessa, dont let little things like this upset you and run you out of our little heRO family, we will miss you.Icon_cry i dont want to lose another friend.Icon_cry

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
09-17-2006 12:39 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

however gms have godly powers Icon_twisted

the only part I dislike is all the secrecy entitled to it. Like with gms who also attempt to use their normal characters. Another way that gms are godly, they watch over and intervene occasionally, but their true identities are never revealed nor are they always front and center stage, they're backstage operators.

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
09-17-2006 12:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

not really, i know that different gm levels means they have different level of authorisation, that is all.

i do not think a gm could go beyond 99 for their stats or they will crash the server. i do not think that the gm clip exist in every server either.

and personally i believe that hard work gm-ing takes a gread deal of time out of the playing time. i know a few friends who turned down offers to be gms on other servers because of the hard work, they just wanted to play and have fun and not have to worry about the community.

i had free week this week (what i call the weeks without exams) and i spent so much time, i only went online a few times for break and to occasionally pick up a map co-ordinate or two, an item id, monster id, and a few other things for my script.(which is why i said it is hard, there is no way i can fit all the ids in my head or pin it on the wall. so i had to pick it up as i go).

so technically i wasnt really playing when i went online this week, besides the time when i went with pyro to hunt the npc for flower wing.

what i do not understand is why the secrecy? isn't gm suposed to be out there helping? if they decide to be a gm they do not have to hide because they have to be ready to take a help call even when they try to play for fun. it is their job. and those who says gms are nasty cheaters, i can say to them "try writing a well made script for a server that will keep the comunity entertained" if you write it in less than a week you didnt try at all.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2006 01:11 PM by Rei Ayanami.)
09-17-2006 01:07 PM
Tessa Offline
Curious Cat

RE:??Um... Yeah..

But, I just really wanted to be one.. Just a regular sub-gm.. I tried my best, and it still didn't work.. After hearing about gms.. I wanted to be one.. I wanted to do events and such, but the only one I would probably know is pvp.. Couldn't someone just tell me.. ? It was in my dreams.. And I just.... really wanted to be a gm, to help.. But I guess I wouldn't be good enough, oh well.. I figured maybe there was no way in my life that I could be one.. Maybe when I'm 25, with 2 kids, live in a 2-story house, go to computer school, maybe, just maybe I could be a gm.. But maybe's most likely turn into a 'no', don't they? This might have been the only time I could have ever been a gm... Well, you never know, it could have been.. And I already see the new gm.. (Congratz to you) Which one of these aren't I? Trustworthy, caring, responsibility, respect, citizenship, fairness.. Just tell me.. Now isn't that all you need to be a gm? Why can't I learn stuff along the way? Right now my head just bobs with questions.. And yet I have no answers.. It just really bugs me... 'You can't change a person's personality (Because that's just how they are.. You can't change who they/them/him/her/you are.), but you can learn about anything.' Anything you want.. Well, what if I learned something about computers.. Can I be a gm then? Probably not.. I'm willing to do anything just to be a gm, and work hard at it.. I know I don't have what it takes, I know that, but why can't I learn along the way? I know like 1/4 about computers right now, but can't people *teach* me anything? I'm sure theres someone out on the forums/server, someone who knows tons of stuff about computers and how the glitch and stuff.. I may be young, but I'm not afraid to tell anyone how I feel right now.. I just wish you could've seen me when pandora said 'no'.. I am a very sensitive person.. and I get depressed (mostly) very easily.. Instead of just saying 'no' blankly to you.. Why not just say 'I'm sorry, right now you do not have the requirements/abilities to do so and so.. But you can learn it at this website or from this person..' Why? I just don't get it.. (By the way, I'm not trying to make pandora the bad guy, just expressing how I feel) I never got to say how I feel on here and now I'm going to and theres nobody who's going to stop me.. Either I've been afraid or not wanting to lose friends but I really want you guys how I feel.. As if you guys were in my place. I'm sorry, the picture on the pictures is wrong, thats not me, I was afraid people were to say something about how my real pictures look.. I will show you my REAL one to show that I'm sorry.. I haven't really been acting myself because I was afraid.. That doesn't mean I don't trust all of you, but I'm only 13, you know? I'm not really suppose to show or give any information out, but.. I just want to show how sorry I am.. I'm tired of typing right now.. so, until next time..
09-17-2006 01:50 PM
Tessa Offline
Curious Cat

*pants*
09-17-2006 05:05 PM
Cream Offline
Banned

wtf i'm scared
09-17-2006 06:12 PM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

CReam wtf did you do to your rep to get that much

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
09-17-2006 06:26 PM
Tessa Offline
Curious Cat

RE:??Um... Yeah..

Cream Wrote:wtf i'm scared

Of what??
09-17-2006 10:57 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Tessa: I'm really sorry I hurt your feelings Icon_sad

To summerize it real quick I'd say this: You have a lot of questions, and GMs need to have answers.

And as I said, take your time, you can still help people in game even if you are not a gm, you can also do small events if you want such as trivia or hide and seek, on my previous server I wasnt a gm and I did small events sometimes, Anyone remember that? XD

As for new GMs, there are no new GMs, in game today that was Feith and he was in the starting team. I havent even shown the applications to the other GMs yet, I'll do that later this week.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-17-2006 11:28 PM
Thread Closed