Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Um... Yeah..
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

RE:??Um... Yeah..

GM-Pandora Wrote:And as I said, take your time, you can still help people in game even if you are not a gm, you can also do small events if you want such as trivia or hide and seek, on my previous server I wasnt a gm and I did small events sometimes, Anyone remember that? XD

I do, I do!

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2006 11:29 PM by Ultima_Pi.)
09-17-2006 11:28 PM
Find all posts by this user
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE: Um... Yeah..

I rememebr that too :D
You used to hold your own Trivia events by the Hands in Prontera,
And everyone knows Panda was the best at Trivia events :D

09-17-2006 11:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Tessa Offline
Curious Cat

RE:??Um... Yeah..

GM-Pandora Wrote:Tessa: I'm really sorry I hurt your feelings Icon_sad

To summerize it real quick I'd say this: You have a lot of questions, and GMs need to have answers.

And as I said, take your time, you can still help people in game even if you are not a gm, you can also do small events if you want such as trivia or hide and seek, on my previous server I wasnt a gm and I did small events sometimes, Anyone remember that? XD

As for new GMs, there are no new GMs, in game today that was Feith and he was in the starting team. I havent even shown the applications to the other GMs yet, I'll do that later this week.

Icon_cry I'm very sad.. I don't know what to do AT ALL in games.. I made an event once..
09-17-2006 11:55 PM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

Quote: but I'm only 13

see, there is plenty of time, you dont have to be 25 with 2 kids to be a gm. and learning how to write a program isnt that hard at all. actually writing one is another story however. it can be hard for some programs, but it can also be very easy for some.

actually my first program was written in BASIC it was very primitive program i wrote 3 years ago (a scientific calculator), it was very easy. it took me about 2 months to get a feel of the language and then about another few weeks to write that program. unfortunately it kinda failed, i dont know how to make it calculate for trigenometry, etc. it ended up being just an ordinary, uberpowered common desk calculator and i deleted it and began writing chess game instead. that was never completed.

i think if you go to the windows website they have some free programing things they have for promotion a few months ago. not sure if it is still up. but they have video instructions on how to write visual basic and C# i think.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
09-18-2006 12:54 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Being able to script is a nice bonus but one does not need that the be a GM. Of course it helps it you know a little about how it works, how the game is constructed so you can make viable suggestions.

What I meant is you still have a lot to learn in order to be able to answers others if you were a GM. As I said, nothing stops you from doing your own events or helping out players in game.

If I look in my PM box, on the last page, in the 20 PM there are, 11 are from you.

You don't have to be 25 with kids, age is not that much of a criteria, but a little temperance couldn't hurt. Until then, have fun playing the game, cuz the game IS fun. Being a GM isnt that fun all the time, you might even be desapointed if you got to be one.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-18-2006 07:59 AM
Reis Offline
Skyhigh

RE: ??Um... Yeah..

Ultima_Pi Wrote:
GM-Pandora Wrote:And as I said, take your time, you can still help people in game even if you are not a gm, you can also do small events if you want such as trivia or hide and seek, on my previous server I wasnt a gm and I did small events sometimes, Anyone remember that? XD

I do, I do!

werdd Icon_biggrinI won an oca from that event and bunch of other things. You were asking some crazy arts and paintings questions also xD
09-18-2006 09:43 AM
Kaoreii Offline
I wonder as I wander out under the sky

From my experience in being a GM on a tiny, tiny server.

NEVER. AGAIN.

zomg.

Being a GM isn't all sunshine and happiness. The minute something goes wrong, you get flodded with PMs...

And for such a small community, EVERYONE had something bad to say about EVERYONE else. And you have to be fair, see both sides...how many screenies I saw of 'ks-ing' and how many times people told me that 'GM-whoever' is corrupt and cheating and GAAAAAH. Sometimes I just wanted to thunk my head on something.

That's why I was vry happy to take the position of player here. :D

[Image: tHkNZ.gif]
09-18-2006 10:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

Quote:If I look in my PM box, on the last page, in the 20 PM there are, 11 are from you.

did i pm you?

i am fairly sure i pm elric about the guild keeps kicking me out after he asked me why i left. we figured a probable bug, cos there is absolutely no expel history in regards to it.

if it went to you instead, i apologise.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
09-18-2006 10:25 AM
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

Being a GM isn't really sunshine at all!

I shouldn't maybe post this but here it goes, what you can collect as being a GM:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/L...ver046.jpg

With the sensitivity I can see from you Tessa, I don't think you would have been able to keep smiling in public, continue the event, moderate the bad guy and keep it secretly. =/

Edit: And yeah, those commands do exist but I'm not high enough GM lvl to do temp bans! Icon_razz

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
09-18-2006 10:45 AM
Torean Offline

Wow, that's bad!
There are some serious jerks (and jerkettes?) out there.
09-18-2006 10:54 AM
Thread Closed