Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Consumables for BG Points.
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

RE: Consumables for BG Points.

.... just random anti-creator sentiment. (friendly nuke present for new years)

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
12-28-2011 01:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
trinitrotoluen Offline

Creator not only for woe and bg. So therefore they have to make them. And let see people that use creator to woe they normally use 300+ ad per woe. So how can they have enough for next woe, i still not say ads used for bg. Anyway they have to brew more, so brewing is obligation,these woe ads are only for reducing their work

Become champion in pvp is not only way to be famous.just be lord of namless to get loving from heroes xD.

sieuxathu. Sniper 96/64 hcp really hunter, need aura.
Tri Nitro Toluen creator 97/61 noob bomd man,wish my old AI
physical attractive champion cant control lvl mvp hunter
kute blacksmith 70/40 fishing man
~super stealing~ rogue 94/50 lkf 1 policeress to marry
Acid Clohidrics alchemist 96/50 ad maker  
12-28-2011 05:24 PM
trinitrotoluen Offline

Creator not only for woe and bg. So therefore they have to make them. And let see people that use creator to woe they normally use 300+ ad per woe. So how can they have enough for next woe, i still not say ads used for bg. Anyway they have to brew more, so brewing is obligation,these woe ads are only for reducing their work

Become champion in pvp is not only way to be famous.just be lord of namless to get loving from heroes xD.

sieuxathu. Sniper 96/64 hcp really hunter, need aura.
Tri Nitro Toluen creator 97/61 noob bomd man,wish my old AI
physical attractive champion cant control lvl mvp hunter
kute blacksmith 70/40 fishing man
~super stealing~ rogue 94/50 lkf 1 policeress to marry
Acid Clohidrics alchemist 96/50 ad maker  
12-28-2011 05:25 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

+1. Great idea.

But we just gotta make sure that poin-per-point teh rewards dont exceed the entrance fee.
What i mean is this:
let's say entrance fee is 50k - this means there is a possibility of getting 1, 3, or 6 points for 50k.
Then we have to assume what the "optimal price" for each consumable is. Remember, we are speaking from the point of view of the server here, so the surplus value is intended for the server (in the form of zeny sunk) - if the players still feel that the exchange rate is still "worth it" (i.e. they still do BG for said items), then we can safely assume that any surplus value reaped by the players can be written off as "fun" or whatever else it is that keeps them going Ok
let's say the "normal/acceptable" inter-player exchange rate for immortal hearts are 2k ea, then we could set the bar at 2.5 or 3k each.
Then we have to make sure that ppl don't just "lose" to get 1 point and still be able to get some mats out of it - so we have to set a "minimum packaged purchase" -> 5 or 10 or 25 or 50 or even 100 points for a purchase.
So lets say we set the bar at 25 points - at the most optimal probability, this will take 7 wins, at he worst that is 25 losses. Or in zeny it allows for several permutations which range from 350k to 1250k.

Now depending on how badly we want to reward the average player, we can set the threshold value at say 800k. This will mean that for 25 points players can get about 800/3 or roughly 266-267 immortal hearts (250 if we want to be slightly more evil and like rounding down numbers Evil )

That's just a rough idea, and i have no guarantees that people will buy into the idea - but for those really good players who win 7x easily, that's one hell of a deal...

W
12-29-2011 05:37 AM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

The problem is if you see it this way, no one will ever try to use creator in BG because they'll use more demos then they'll gain per BG?.

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
12-29-2011 12:11 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

I support AMJ on the basis that he's right.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
12-29-2011 10:22 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

I like the idea.
12-29-2011 11:29 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

i understand where you're coming from, but some creators are already trigger happy in BG as it currently is (without the possibility of recouping any of the spent AD)

and do consider that buying consumables from BG means you will never have to farm annoying mats or pray that some noob will hunt them and sell it to you at a low price so you alone can reap the surplus value;
if this option is made available to BG, it means that you can get an unlimited supply of mats at a constant price you can count on which (unless rectified later on to account for sudden economic shocks) is unaffected by the server's day-to-day economy.

You will never have to go to those different maps to farm your mats, nor will you ever need to go to pront to buy them from those aforementioned noobs

W
12-30-2011 01:57 AM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

Well there will always be AD used for MVPing and PVMing purposes.

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
12-30-2011 02:01 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

ikr, so if anything, there is a possibility it will entice pvm AD creators to jump on the BG bandwagon thinking "hey let's have some fun and recoup some of my AD back" Ok

W
12-30-2011 03:12 AM