Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nameless PVP
Rankin Offline
Durp

RE: Nameless PVP

^Since when do you even kill MVPs.

And no, I will not organize it, no on in KoJ ever WANTS to do something other than nameless.

And yes. I am an asshole. Thought we went over this.
02-08-2012 07:23 PM
Find all posts by this user
Child of Bodom Offline
The Satelite

You wouldnt even know if KoJ had killed MvP's. KoJ does Nidd dungeon runs quite frequently, ask ange as hes the one who usually organizes it. LS doesnt sit on there ass as ive heard tales of there 8 hour thor runs. Prinny does parties to. Gonna say again Why do you care since you dont play anymore.

Animal Path 99/70 Sniper
Asura Path 99/70 Champ
Deva Path 99/70 LK
Human Path 99/70 CLOWN
General Bo 96/67 WS /gg
Raine Sage 99/70 HP
My Name Is Phil 99/70
Jin Kazumi 98/69 LK
Boromir 83/59 Pally
I'm a Champ 93/50 Monk!
The Lionhawk 86/50 Wizard
Strip 76/48 Rogue

Im going to stand out above the crowd. Even if I got to
Shout out loud, Til mine is the only face that you'll see,
Im gonna stand out, til you notice me
02-09-2012 01:58 AM
Rankin Offline
Durp

lol how would you know what KoJ does, you left. And as I said, Brainless is over used. Buff the mobs, lower exp, or enable PVP to FIX this issue.
02-09-2012 02:29 AM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

if you don't want to party to brainless then organize a party somewhere else. i actually haven't seen a thana run in a while. i'm sure plenty would jump aboard.

if you're too much of a lazy asshole, then deal with it. Nameless PvP still would be hilarious but you can very, very easily fix this problem yourself instead of throwing around pretty baseless assumptions

like - seriously - where did you get the idea that all KoJ will ever do are name parties? you stalk the forums right? go take a look at them again. :/

Rankin Wrote:lol how would you know what KoJ does, you left.
he knows more than you because he only left a few weeks ago (and still hangs out with KoJ members) as opposed to how you've been gone for many months and only very recently started logging on again

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
02-09-2012 02:51 AM
raphael.cruger Offline
>:|

Nameless is just fine for newbies learning how to party.

The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles. - Meshuggah
02-10-2012 12:50 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??Nameless PVP

raphael.cruger Wrote:Nameless is just fine for newbies learning how to party.
But odins is better if it's the learning you're after.

F2's??got the basics, decent exp off the frus/skogul, Oh no, that one emo chick hid and is griming us???lets get out our pneuma and protect our group. Am I close enough to ruwach it? if no,??maybe the hunter can use detect on it, or if we have a wiz/sage, they can use heaven's drive.

Oh no! the frus zombified one of our tankers and I can't heal or buff him! I better spam kyrie on the dude so he doesn't take damage,??until he can either log out or the effect wears off!??maybe we have an Alchemist with us,??he can summon a geographer to heal our undead friends without hurting them, or chuck potions at their face!

Best part of all, it doesn't take an entire dedicated team to do.??It's more than capable of being done with a sin, a rogue a hunter and priest, and it can DEFINAtely be done with your standard nameless setup.??In fact if you too tired having fun learning,??your Nameless setup is PERFECT for mobbing skeggiolds! Their Mdef is low enough and they're bosses??so??Storm gust?? does wonders at hit locking them. Sure you have the minivalks flying around??shanking people,??but overall it's a lot more forgiving than brainless. Just be sure to take a SP bat if you do take a wizard to skeggiolds, they do take a bit to kill, but it's good practice if you ever want to kill Hibrahm (minus the dark breath)

My main reason for supporting this topic is because once FINALLY get a halfway decent party going farming tidals on F2, it never fails that some asshole suggests going to f3 for the necromancers. and then when we leave f2, they start failing and everyone loses exp, I'm not happy because my item farming party got hijacked??to go exping (even though we were exp-ing before we stopped farming items.) and everyone else is either sad-face or RAEG-Face. Nameless has brought out the worst in hero, well, maybe not, but it has made it more evident.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2012 12:05 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
02-10-2012 11:41 AM
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

RE: ??Nameless PVP

Nameless itself is great because you can go there with a half-baked plan/party and still gain EXP. What does this mean?
You can do stupid stuff.
I still stand by that the best Nameless party I had was??Prof, Stalker, and Clown. And I gained exp at 98 trans.
If I get conned into a full name party on Aki (since I generally will only do it for a friend or necro card(s)), I'll regularly run off and kill necros on my own just to make things more interesting (When you're used to DG, a ninja necro lasts about one second total- mostly because your bolt damage is still being applied).

Anyways, Random Nightmare Map, agreed
Especially if it's a map you can quickly and easily get to. As much as Poring Island was mean to newbs, it was lots of fun because you could just respawn and warp right there, and try to roll them right back.

Nameless Nightmare Map Again, disagreed (as much as Sakura Matou would enjoy anyone attempting to screw with her party during a mob (I run 3 Isillas on her and have yet to produce enough of a meteor hell by myself to be happy with it (best was like 8 stacks))). The first time it went PvP, Thor's saw an increase in attention, pasanana prices, already going up from an influx of players, ended up DOUBLING in price (they use to be 6m), and remain there merely because us that think that's OP aren't buying/selling them any more leaving the rest thinking that's a fair price.

As much as I like the idea of getting people to branch out, if you think fail name parties are bad, you should try a fail thor's party, where your prof's dpc on kasas is higher than your entire party's (which has two hwiz (why 2 I had no idea) a sniper (KK instead of BK lololol) and some other damage source- wanna say an AD Crea) DPS. Thank god the group there doing Ifrit managed to accidentally drop him on us (or rather, our party managed to accidentally pull him from them- BUT THAT'S JUST MY OPINION) and he wiped us. Excuse to leave the party XD

Anyways, as much as Nameless gets flamed for being easy, that's *exactly* why I like it. If you're partying with total randoms, it's safe, because even the clown can carry over incompetence- true story, one party, me and SoS's knockback on Musical Strike slash Throw Arrow coupled with my Apples spam were the only things keeping us alive because like hell the priest knew how to use heal (let alone buff, really).

PvP there just forces those terribad randoms to go elsewhere. Next thing you know you'll have someone trying to use a peco to mob Nydhogg for a hwiz. A dungeon where everything has dispell, no AoE is effective against everything (parallel dungeon, high level water/earth + shadow and undead; every AoE will be ignored by at least half the mobs), one monster Assumps *other* monsters, one monster freezes people when it des, and there's some Magic Mirror mixed in to give more fun. And this is ignoring DunDunDun's Hell's Judgement, Squirrel's just lulsy damage output with Body Reloc, and Aqua's ability TO CAST STORM GUST.
And that'd just be the beginning of the derps.

Oh, and Joe, you forgot that skeggs are holy 2, which means that, while their mdef is under a quarter, they still get 50% redux from just their element no matter what aoe and gears you use. Actually, everything there has an elemental resist of 50% to all wiz AoEs, with Valks being flat out immune without a sage/prof land buff. It's rather wiz-unfriendly because of this. Other classes are often friendly with this due to their access to shadow and holy property attacks- speaking of which, a sufficiently skilled and geared Esma Linker can solo floor 2 effectively ^_^

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
02-10-2012 10:55 PM
Raging Alt-a-holic

You forgot that one monster recovers frozen monsters to break them free.

And even with holy 2, they still die to wizards, I've been in quite a few successful parties there. It's slow, but it works. Even a non-trans wiz with high int has more than enough firepower to outdamage AN ENTIRE MOB of like half the map of skeggs's heals. Takes like a full SP bar or a One and a half SP bars for the Wizard. get multi wiz and Meteor can speed up the fun.
02-11-2012 10:06 AM
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

I remember once an Odins run was looking for a lure. Being a 95 sader at the time, I PMed the advertiser, and asked if I could come lure. It took a little but, but he/she came back with the question: 'Do you have gears?'. Being an honest person, I replied with a no, and he/she said he would ask the party. It came back with a no, so I was stuck twiddling my thumbs waiting for another party to come along looking for a member.

Now, relating this back to the topic: MOST nameless parties need at the minimum a Bathory/evil armour for the lure. Typically, I tend to borrow one because I need to figure out how to farm bathories with my huntress. Either way the die falls, people start to expect you to be geared for certain parties. Thors you pretty much need to be geared in order to survive (me and my fire armour ftw.)

Lolwut? Luring Nydd? Are people insane? o_o

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
02-11-2012 11:57 AM
Raging Alt-a-holic

Odin's generally doesn't need much gear to lure, the??Skeggs are slow, and generally only need an anubis card if you do decide to get hit. Otherwize khalitzburg for the frus/skogul, but it's not necesary.??Bathory would make their soul strike suck, if not, make it miss entirely. Their thunderstorm definately isn't anything to worry about. I think that party there were just being asses.

Important to note that While they die faster than the real thing, the slave skeggs hit harder than the real thing too.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012 01:27 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
02-11-2012 01:26 PM
Thread Closed