Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ammo besides arrows
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

Ammo besides arrows

I don't know how many folks have gunslingers... But in the spirit of this month's V4P gear and the fact that heRO's shown the gunslingers (and ninjas!) love via the black scarf and some of the new custom cards, I was wondering if it might be possible to get a gear (maybe a future V4P?) that has a chance of dropping random cartridge or sphere pack items, the way this month's Ancient Elven Ears drop random quivers. We don't have a skill to create our own ammo from drops the way the archer class does for arrows, so an item like that would be pretty rad!

Along that same line, the same can be said for ninja ammo (shuriken/kunai), and from what I understand (I don't have one myself, so I'm going by what I've been told), they don't even have a quiver/cartridge/sphere pack equivalent to consolidate their ammo. Would something like that (a 500 shuriken/500 kunai bundle of some sort) be difficult to produce? Maybe it would make the class more appealing for some people?

These are just a few thoughts I'm having while I run out of ammo killing Saplings at 2:30 in the morning, lol. Would love to hear other people's feelings on this!

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
08-19-2012 02:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: Ammo besides arrows

Not sure how many sins use throw venom knife either, as those are considered ammo too. =x

I wouldn't mind shuriken being added for ninjas. Kunai's are heavy though, at 2 weight each, getting a bundle of 500 at one time with your kills would make you very fat, very quickly. And also, which element of kunai would it give you? Fire? Water? wind? Earth? Poison? or a random one of those 5?

No objections to the gunner side??of things.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2012 10:02 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
08-19-2012 10:01 AM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

True. Ha. My main is a sinx and I didn't even think of those. >__>;

As far as the bundles, my thinking was that they'd be along the same lines as the quivers and cartridges, in that 500 bullets/arrows give you 100 weight if you hold them alone, but if you put them in a cartridge/quiver, they only weigh 25. It condenses the weight to allow you to carry more at a time. Since the kunai weigh more, maybe it would have to be less than 500; maybe you could only have 100 per bundle or something like that, and the bundle would be 50 weight as opposed to 200 like it would be if you were carrying them all separately (I say 50 because it looks like the weight calculation for the bullets and arrows is that the quivers/cartridges weigh a quarter of what the items themselves weigh). Likewise, since a shuriken weighs 0.5, you'd end up with something like a bundle of 200 that weighs 25, or a bundle of 400 that weighs 50. Again, my knowledge of ninjas is limited, so I'm not sure how many of those you guys tend to go through with a throwing build, or how much weight you have (I thought throwing build was pretty STR-reliant; correct me if I'm wrong).

As for which type it'd drop from an item, I'd assume it was randomized like the quivers. The item dropped by the Ancient Elven Ears is actually called "random quiver". It only has 20 weight, but holds 500 arrows "of a random element". When you use the item, it then gives you an actual 25-weight quiver of some kind (I just got a Holy Arrow Quiver from mine, for example). So I figure it'd be like that for other ammo types.

To help:
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

08-19-2012 02:47 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

Just want to bump this to gauge interest (both player and GM), since the forum's been quite active lately. Won't bump it again after this. Icon_smile

To help:
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

09-23-2012 11:56 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Technically doable, but harder to do. The "random quiver" was an existing item already working:
http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=i...m_id=12104

What you suggest would require that we create a new category of item.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-25-2012 12:50 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

Aaah, okay. I hadn't realized that; I didn't see it on RMS as part of the Ancient Elven Ears description and figured it was fully customized. My bad!

Just out of curiosity, since I don't know jack about scripting and find it all fascinating and mystifying - would it be harder to make something like that, or harder to make something like a custom card that gives you a chance to obtain bullet/shuriken/whatever items? Or even to code another existing item to do that?

To help:
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

09-25-2012 05:51 PM