Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Changes That Would Make RO Better
Menace651 Offline

Changes That Would Make RO Better

Just a list of things that would make RO play much better. Not actual game balance changes but just simple mechanical improvements.

Better Storage System
I think this is implemented in Renewal already but having a storage system that is divided into categories like Consumables, Armors, Weapons, etc. would make finding items a lot easier.

Mail/Item Transfer System
Most MMO's have some sort of mail or transfer system that people can use to send messages or items. This would make item transferrring from account to account a lot easier. No need having to find someone to transfer for you. It would also be easier to connect with friends, get parties together, or send guild or party notices by mail. I think RO has a mail system. It might not just be implemented on this server.

Better Party Menu Interface
It's kind of lame to play as a priest and you are basically just staring and clicking on the party menu the whole time. Maybe implementing a "one button" buffing system would be better. For example you would press hotkey for "Heal" then press "1" to heal the first member in the party list or press the hotkey for "Bless" and the press "2" to cast Bless on the second person in party menu. I would also like to see some kind of buff timer or counter for party members so you can tell who is buffed and how much longer they have. It's annoying not knowing which party members are buffed or not and then having everyone spam "Buffs Plz" every 2 minutes.

Position Lag
Don't know if this can be fixed because of the game's mechanics and graphics engine but it would be nice to get rid of position lag when you are being hit or when you are hitting monsters with AOE spells like Storm Gust.

Better Battlefield View
The RO playing field view needs to be significantly improved. I hate walking into a Storm Gust in PVP because you can't see the casting circle or not knowing what your Allies are doing becase you can't see beyond a limited distance.

Customizable Hotkeys
I think this is implemented in Renewal, too. But being able to customize your hotkeys to whatever keys you want would be great.
08-19-2012 04:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

RE: Changes That Would Make RO Better

You aren't able to see the casting circle? I've been always able to see them in RO, it reflects on the ground as long as you were present when it started to cast, but if you walk in randomly it's not there.

Hot-keys are customization, you have the 3 sets of keys registered on F12 that also are settable for BM.

Mail was purposely disabled here and I don't really foresee it being changed to be available. It was done at the choice of our Admin and owner.

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
08-19-2012 05:55 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??Changes That Would Make RO Better

GM-Rahice Wrote:You aren't able to see the casting circle? I've been always able to see them in RO, it reflects on the ground as long as you were present when it started to cast, but if you walk in randomly it's not there.

Hot-keys are customization, you have the 3 sets of keys registered on F12 that also are settable for BM.

Mail was purposely disabled here and I don't really foresee it being changed to be available. It was done at the choice of our Admin and owner.
I can see where he's going with that. Especially when I've mobbed DG for a party a couple of times. You're completely off??screen away from the wizard when they start casting, so you never see the casting circle on the ground.??In party situations, that's where the wizards should mark the spot that they are precasting with a Quagmire so??the lures know where to drag the monsters he's hauling.

But in PVP, that's another story,??since quag in a PK map also affects the caster, and Players usually aren't as stupid as monster AI's are, but if we can't see what's being casted, then we just sorta walk right into it.

I personally hate the oldschool Battle mode we have here. I wish we had the renewal client??(like he's asking for for storage) so that we can set our Battle mode hotkeys to any keys we can choose, and be able to have our entire icon view of hotkeys visible. Like So
[Image: Makeapoint.png]

I don't think that party??menu suggestion would be able to be done without completely re-inventing the game again.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2012 10:01 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
08-19-2012 09:58 PM
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

Why *is* mail disabled--there's zeny transfers, why not items? Half the time I try to hide away from towns just so that I won't get dragged into doing yet another item transfer for somebody--and I hate asking people to help me with them too.

People ask about it all the time on main when they come here. Of all the possible changes that could be implemented, why not put in the one that's already made? Is it broken? Exploitable? Whaa?
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2012 10:20 AM by Weapon.)
08-20-2012 10:19 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

There was an exploit possible in the mail system. Presumably it has been fixed in future SVNs, but I don't know about the state of it in our current heRO SVN - that's my best guess as to why it was disabled.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
08-20-2012 12:34 PM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

Menace651 Wrote:Better Party Menu Interface
It's kind of lame to play as a priest and you are basically just staring??and clicking on the party menu the whole time. Maybe implementing a "one button" buffing system would be better. For example you would press hotkey for "Heal" then press "1" to heal the first member in the party list or press the hotkey for "Bless" and the press "2" to cast Bless on the second person in party menu. I would also like to see some kind of buff timer or counter for party members so you can tell who is buffed and how much longer they have. It's annoying not knowing which party members are buffed or not and then having everyone spam "Buffs Plz" every 2 minutes.

And then when you're in a full party of 12, you're forced to memorize where each person is located on the menu to do this efficiently.

Just use battle logs and use the party window when buffing.
And unless someone is always being dispelled or buffing, you should know exactly when buffs need to be re-done by looking at the buff timer on the side of your screen. I rarely had any issues of not knowing who needed buffs when I did large parties on my HP
08-20-2012 07:05 PM
raphael.cruger Offline
>:|

+ 1 Renewal interface please Icon_sad

The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles. - Meshuggah
08-25-2012 03:00 AM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

+1 for renewal interface

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
08-25-2012 03:31 AM
KaminoKaoru Offline
call me kri

+1 for renewal interface :3

This goes to all my friends, new, old and the ones
I've lost over the years but have never forgotten.
08-27-2012 10:22 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

We've got a new client in the work (which is sometimes called renewal client/interface, it has the new storage and battlemode), but it still has bugs, we'll have to debate if we release with a few issues, or attempt to find fixes (gravity is the one that make the client, we can diff it to change a few pre-set things, but it's not something "easy" to edit, unlike npc for example which can be altered to fit what we need).

Making a different interface ourselves of changing other major game mechanics is pretty much out of our reach.

Mail had several exploits over time, we've chosen to live without it.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-03-2012 08:50 AM