Item was too Hard
Item was Balanced
Item was Easy
Trivia was too Hard
Trivia was Balanced
Trivia was too Easy
Icon_razz
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trial of Heroes,Saturday September 29th, Feedback Thread
Former-GM-Radiance Offline
Posting Freak

Trial of Heroes,Saturday September 29th, Feedback Thread

Host: Radiance and Chaucer assisted by Rahice

Monster Trial:
10 Trap Force
7 Ice Titan
5 Zealotus
3 Observation
1 Bow Master

Item Trial:
30 Piece of Armor
40 Coin of Gold
50 Turtle Carapace
8 Moon Jewel
8 Magic Necklace

Trivia:
In what month is HeRO's birthday? october
What element is a Nimbus Shuriken? neutral
Which monsters drops a card that gives additional damage to Water property monsters and possibly drops an elemental ore? leafcat / leaf cat
Which Novice platnium skill can be used to avoid some attacks? trick dead / play dead
Which mob with the ability to loot has the highest HP? golden theif bug / golden bug (typo'ed answer)
What is the name of Pixie's brother? pico

Mass Battle:
Dark won

Head Count at Mass Battle:
14 Dark
19 Light

Total:
Light - 25 Players
Dark - 21 Players

Reviews: RMS
HeRO: Wiki ~ Forums ~ Control Panel
Support Ticket
09-30-2012 10:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

RE: Trial of Heroes,Saturday September 29th, Feedback Thread

the monster trial is really hard. i got lucky because it was LK friendly. but still, it was hard

item trial is not helping either..
30 piece of armor -> quite easy
40 coin of gold -> doable if the moon jewel didnt ask for another 40
50 turtle carapace -> i always hate turtle, since its require more than 3 hits for most classes
8 moon jewel -> collecting 16 lunar emblem and 8 stellar emblem seems to be impossible (i only got 2 stellar)
8 magic necklace -> normal

trivia.. please dont cheat.. u made a typo there and trying to act like nothing happened here?
your acceptable answer for 5th question was "golden theif bug / golden bug" not "golden thief bug / golden bug"
09-30-2012 01:40 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

Monster trial was fine, I don't think people should get "easy" points, so it was ok.

Item trial: like Shinigami said, GIVE MORE TIME if you ask for so many items...

Trivia was not good... Drainliar is the card that adds damage to water... Leaf Cat does something else...
and again, Shinigami pointed out the flaw....
Bonus question should have been something other than "Pico"

Mass battle:
Credits to the 2 HPs with res, buffs and pneuma! Good job on the teamwork!
09-30-2012 03:11 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

GM-Radiance Wrote:Which mob with the ability to loot has the highest HP? golden theif bug / golden bug (typo'ed answer)

What skilled acting... to act like it never happened, but to mention it themselves. Worthy of an Oscar.

Leaf Cat is water resist and chance to drop crystal blue.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2012 05:02 PM by Ellie.)
09-30-2012 04:09 PM
EvolutionXI Offline
Sniped

This is how ToH should be IMO.

Monster was fairly balanced in that most classes had at least one phase that was hard for them (only a few LKs got 50 AFAIK and not all LKs did).

Item hunt was fine too. At least half of the people got in the 25-39 range (highest was 40). There also seemed to be many first/second/third-timers who didn't know about the NPC items so that could partially explain some of the lower scores. Only thing I didn't like was having to listen to that old magic necklace lady each time. -_-

Trivia...well, the elemental ore should've been the tip on which card it was supposed to be for the water related question. A mistake in putting increase/decrease damage is more likely than "accidentally" adding an entire effect (since Drainliar doesn't have the ore effect).

With 100 points being the maximum reward, it makes sense that not many can/will get it. This time it was only 1 person (exactly 100), and had light won instead, it still would've been only 1 person (also exactly 100). There was still a decent amount in the 70-89 range though and I'm sure there were several people who were unprepared in some form (not enough supplies, underestimating monsters and running in, not knowing how to make some items, etc.).
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2012 09:58 PM by EvolutionXI.)
09-30-2012 05:24 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

Monster was balanced, IMO. I did about as well as I normally expect to, playing on my SBK-build sinx. In other words, I got points for rounds 1-3 and then died horrifically in 4 and 5. XD Which is typical of most of the 15 or so ToH's I've attended, so...

Item trial was hard. 8 times for that magic necklace dialogue is pretty time consuming (you can't just spam enter; you have to select the second option in the dialogue box), plus we had to eat through the gold coins we collected for the base 40 in order to make the moon jewels... hard to keep the numbers straight in the heat of the moment, IMO. I'm all for it being challenging, but I think this is the first time I've seen it where one of the recipe items we got required one of the same items that we were collecting already for the non-recipe categories.

Kind of bummed about how the trivia went down. A lot of people were, understandably, really upset. I get that mistakes happen, and that's to be expected, and that's fine. And I do think people were a little too quick to start piling on the vitriol at Radiance about it. But I do wish a verbal acknowledgment/apology could've been made at the time that it happened, rather than just soldiering on like nothing was amiss. I don't think it was clear to a lot of people that the 6th question was meant to make up for the botched GTB one. Low point of the event, for sure.

That being said... YAY DARK SIDE!!! \o/ Two high priests! Use of strategy! And you guys managed to pull round two out despite a bunch of us getting booted by the dreaded mass battle error, so good on you! I have to thank you guys especially, because if we hadn't won mass battle, I would have been ONE POINT SHORT of getting my wings, so seriously: thank you!

Overall, definitely worthy of the word "Trial" in the title. No1

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
09-30-2012 05:31 PM
Firenza Offline

Monster trial was cool. Item trial was tough but still cool (killed Garm for 15 minutes and got ONE lunar emblem in total).

I noticed that the pause between things happening was a bit longer than usual, but but I think it's been a while since Radiance hosted and was probably just being cautious progressing through the event, so I'm fine with that. Probably should've asked PvP players whether they wanted to tie or not.

Disappointed with trivia though. I know that the trivia is not something that we are supposed to count on when going for the 70+ points, but at least make it fair. If you got two questions wrong, then give two bonus questions, simple as that. Also, when you see the outrage from the participants when they notice the mistake in the question/answer, SAY SOMETHING to acknowledge your mistake/the problem/whatever it is. You KNOW the Leaf Cat question was partially incorrect, you KNOW the GTB answer had a typo, don't completely ignore us (Leaf Cat) or go "I'll give you an extra question because I'm feeling nice" (GTB). Trivia is supposed to have FIVE questions. If you do the numbers, 6 minus Leaf Cat is 5, and 5 minus GTB is 4.

This post is probably making it sound way more dramatic than it was, so please forgive me for that, but it was just so annoying to see the GMs go "let's hope they didn't notice that and move on~".
09-30-2012 09:52 PM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

i thought its well known already that GM here got some problem about apologizing to the player...
10-01-2012 02:55 AM
EvolutionXI Offline
Sniped

^ News to me...unless you're talking specifically about this one, in which case I've almost never even seen Radiance anyway.

This ToH was at a fairly late time of day though, and there were many small delays throughout that might suggest problems (e.g., people spoiling monster waves and that one time the warps didn't open). The GM might've just been too worn out/annoyed by that point.
10-01-2012 04:08 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

basically +1 on what evo and demishock is saying.

Nevertheless, i do have a wee bit to add - the items was a bit too harsh on the compound ones... 8 of both is a wee bit much... 6 and 8 woulda been much fairer imho.

on that note, perhaps it's time to conjure up compound item(s) that requires you to hunt various mobs but with a more 'humane' drop rate (NOT < 30%).
ToH should be about skill and much less so about luck. Therefore i was really happy on the lengthening of the item trial time allocation (since it also means more consumables consumed - YAY for even more zeny sunk!), but it seems that it is time for some of the older features to be revamped. PERHAPS we could just raise the drop rates of all but the 90% drops, BUT we balance it out by asking for MORE of the compound items.
That way, we can ask for more magic necklaces and moon jewels (as well as the other compound items) rather than being bored by goat cheese - asking for it really gets old... not that i don't appreciate aged cheese, but you know what i mean Laugh

W
10-01-2012 06:02 AM