Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where should I finish leveling my assassin?
Spire Offline

Where should I finish leveling my assassin?

My assassin is currently level 98/50 and I can no longer stand walking around Rachel Sanctuary. For the life of me I cannot figure out how people manage to mob Juperos so I would like to avoid that place if at all possible.

Stats:
89+11 STR
99+12 AGI
1+2 VIT
1+4 INT
32+8 DEX
1+2 LUK

My normal Equips are:
UH: Feather beret/Baby chick
MH: Evil wing ears
LH: N/A
A: Zodiac Stone [1] Earth Deleter Card
W: +4 Infiltrator
S: N/A
G: +4 Hood [1] Nine tails Card
B: +4 Boots [1] Zombie Slaughter Card
A1: Ring [1] Mantis Card
A2: Rogue's Treasure

I'm looking for a map/place/thing that will give me decent XP and decent drops. I mobbed raydrics for the first 20% -but- it is slow going. Any advice?

VaIor: Paladin 9x/6x, Valor: High Priest 99/70, Valor's Chemist: Creator 9x/6x, Weaver: Clown 99/70, Blank: Stalker 9x/6x, Spire: Sniper 9x/6x
Current project: Farming zeny to buy stuff to put my cards in! Whistle

I am a proud member of The 'Wine Brewing Society'. If you are interested in joining, look for a representative in aldebaran. Or make a post in our guilds forum thread!
12-18-2012 04:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vhaerun Offline

RE: Where should I finish leveling my assassin?

With what you have or some cheap elemental katars you could try mobbing:

Niflheim 1
Geffen Dungeon 1
High orcs
Eddga's map
Sphinx 5
Biolabs 1
Ayothaya Dungeon 2
12-18-2012 05:50 AM
Serenity Away
Serenity Now

Suck it up and mob at Rachel Level 3 (hodremlin map). The exp is pretty awesome and the drops ain't half bad either. You only have 1 level to go Icon_smile

Lify ~ Moon Light
-------------------------
Back from the dead once again.
12-18-2012 10:33 AM
Spire Offline

I was afraid of that answer. I've tried all the maps that Vhae suggested. I guess I'm just going to have to grind it up. I've started to worry about when I get to high thief. Maybe I'll just use a bow. Heh.

VaIor: Paladin 9x/6x, Valor: High Priest 99/70, Valor's Chemist: Creator 9x/6x, Weaver: Clown 99/70, Blank: Stalker 9x/6x, Spire: Sniper 9x/6x
Current project: Farming zeny to buy stuff to put my cards in! Whistle

I am a proud member of The 'Wine Brewing Society'. If you are interested in joining, look for a representative in aldebaran. Or make a post in our guilds forum thread!
12-18-2012 04:32 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I say give Anolians a chance.
They give decent experience and decent drops. They have Royal Jellies at a low drop chance along with oridecon at a pretty decent droprate. If you get lucky, you'll pick up a brooch[1] or two to also be able to vend. Every hour or so you can also kill toad on the map for funsies. :D

I'd use the Comodo 3 map for grinding on instead of the Glast Heim one since then you won't haveta deal with gargoyles.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
12-18-2012 06:31 PM
Menace651 Offline

I usually just quest the last 50%-60% of my non-trans level 98's. Much faster than grinding. That or find some friends that will let you leech at DG or Thors. Otherwise if you insist on solo grinding then stick with Rachel or Anolians like posted above. I grinded my Sage from 98 to 99 at Anolians in less than a day. Tedious but it works.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
12-19-2012 12:30 AM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

My vote is also Anolians. That's how I got my assassin to 99.

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
12-19-2012 01:53 AM
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

I know you said you don't want to go there because you can't figure it out, so instead here's survival pointers since it's to useful to all sins/sinx's to ignore. It's also one of the fastest ways to level in the game that doesn't involve being a homeless bum/little girl and leeching EXP from other people doing the work.

Juperos mobbing involves taking hits that you wouldn't receive from mobbing other places. The enemies are fast and their HIT is high, especially for the blue dimiks. You'll need some good flee gears to last, which will involve gear swapping from 'gears used to get around and dodge' (Like a pantie/undershirt or dragon vest/manteau combo, dual fortune swords for 40% normal hit evasion, other cards to boost flee/PD, and a PPHB/Adventure Hat/nobility gem for added walkspeed) and 'gears used when hidden and hitting the tinyrobots.' (Basically your katar with cards (I recommend 1 hunter fly card to restore health and anti-venatu cards) and Tormenting Ghost for additional HP and full SP recovery when hitting your mob, then switching to item-drop-farming gears halfway through the strikes. Stun arrows will help keep them in place.)

Sooner or later though you'll get hit. If the venatu haven't taken damage yet, they won't use their skills to stun you, so you have a good chance of survival, provided you're not being shot at by a dimik and they get more than 1 hit on you. The best thing you can do is cloak about half a second after you take the damage. Properly timed, this will shield you from additional hits and help you remedy the REAL reason for dying--flinch induced position lag. As you're cloaked, walk a few spaces away to a semi-safe spot--you'll be where you appear to be instead of where flinch-lag says you are, which is usually a few steps behind/where the mob can murder you. Uncloak and resume the mobbing. This technique is also useful for making sure they're all in the same spot before you start killing them and for ditching any dimiks that may be following you by luring the venatu away from a distance the dimik can't reach or chase from. This doesn't stop you from dying entirely but it greatly raises your chances of survival.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2012 01:58 AM by Weapon.)
12-19-2012 01:56 AM
Kiwis Offline
Cut & Uncut Lover

Get 100vit and leech dg. Jk.

I'd go with what Vhae said. Also, use 2 Fortune swords and switch to a katar as well as pphb to hat after mobbing and hiding. Before I used this technique, the maximum amount of hodremlins mobbable to me was about 3-5 (due to their fast walking speed). Switching between pphb to hat and 2x fortune swords to katar has allowed me to mob up to 10 or even more.
Biolabs has decent exp and good loots. You could use your infiltrator there, too. And it doesn't involve much mobbing.

Gear switching is a must for assassins, pvp-pvm-mvp 8D

PLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTA

Big Bad Apple | Taco Pie | Natchos | Eggplant | Papricka
Kiwi Tunes | Bacon & Eggs | Pimento | Placenta

PLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTA
12-20-2012 02:29 AM
Shinibu Offline
Lazy Bum

Bio 3
12-20-2012 10:33 PM