Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Chronicles of the heroes records
Former-GM-Auron Offline
GM-Dolly supreme

Chronicles of the heroes records

~ Chronicles of the heroes ~

Chapter 0 ~ Epilogue

What is a Hero? Many claim that Heroes are mythic beings sent by the gods to aid the people in times of need. I believe it is the other way around. Normal men and women fighting for their country, beliefs and god, they are the true Heroes. Picking up arms and fighting is easy but Heroes are born from courage and persistence.

My name is Auron, I live an eternal life in which my task is to observe and record the events of this world and I now present to you the chronicles of the heroes.

Chapter 1 ~ Beginning of a conflict

The great God Odin created our world. He created this place and he gave us life. With the help of his sons and daughters; we learned to build houses, to hunt for our food and to live in this world with harmony.

Unfortunately there were certain gods that did not appreciate this creation. They found that there was no use for such lesser beings and they started to do what was necessary to bring this world to its destruction. The most noticeable one is Erebos the god of darkness. In order to destroy humanity he created deadly and aggressive monsters that this world had not seen before. With this started the War of Agony.

Chapter 2 ~ The War of Agony

This war raged for over 200 years and came to a brutal end in a final conflict between the 2 factions. Unfortunately during the first 100 years Humanity saw its cities destroyed by the Dark gods power. Having never witnessed war, the outcome of this war was already in favour of Erebos whom had an army of creatures bred to destroy compared to Humans who never really knew hatred and the thirst for destruction.

However one sided this war was the other gods did not interfere directly finding that Humans needed to deal with this themselves. Of course, even if there was no direct interference from the gods, they still aided with knowledge and artefacts in order to give Odin?s creation a chance. During this time no god aided as much as Hestia goddess of light. But that did not seem to be enough to bring balance? that is until the day Prontera, the great capital of this world, came under attack.

The scene before the battle seemed hopeless for the residents of the great city, the citizens where outnumbered 3 to 1 and survival seemed to be a leisure that no one could have. That is until Father Marcus, the great priest, and is wife Lady Sylva, from the order of the knights of Prontera, came forth.

They knew the situation was grim but they held hands and they spoke to the defending forces. They saw the desperation and fear in every ones eyes. They then said these words: ??Citizens of Prontera the time has come. This is the time when we will unite and fight for all that we hold dear. Jealousy and anger is the weapon of our foe but we have a weapon of our own. We have faith and the love for our brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers, friends and neighbours. Today shall not be the day that our world falls to the darkness of Erebos. Today is the day we stand and fight. Fight for our survival, but foremost this is a fight for the future. We shall prevail and bring the light of Hestia back to this desolate world. We shall show that Humanity is strong and that Erebos shall fall. Our flame will light the way to a life of peace!!! ?? This was the first time someone showed courage, the first time Heroes rose.

The battle was fierce but courage and hope brought the downfall of Erebos?s army. But many sacrifices were made for this to happen. Before the battle ended Marcus fell fighting side by side with his beloved one. But something, that not even Erebos could predict, happened at that moment in the manner of his death. His death came after his loved one was struck down. In that moment Father Marcus gave is last prayer to the world. Is prayer was: ??I who am a protector of the light, will give myself and bring new hope.?? At that moment light radiated from his body and angels came down to earth. They gave new life to those that had fallen. But this was Marcus?s last gift to mankind and new hope was born on the battlefield. Once the battle ended proper burials were made for those that had died and Marcus was titled a Hero.

This event gave new life to humans who were on the verge of destruction and more heroes came forth to tip the scale.

Chapter 3 ~ Hope and corruption

Erebos? forces were starting to be pushed back. But the dark god did not let this pass and he created monsters with great powers, the first of which was Dark Lord. Even though he created such beings it was not enough and he knew it. That is when he turned towards the fragile state of certain people and he started to corrupt them. This new tactic tilted power in his favour once more but not for long. Even turned against each other hope, brought by earlier sacrifices, survived and humanity started to push back Erebos in multiple corners of the world. Seeing that his creations weren?t enough Erebos came down to this world to deal with the situation himself.

Chapter 5 ~ Battle of the gods

Erebos marched forward with his army that he had armed accordingly. He held nothing back giving such weapons as Mysteltainn, an unholy sword, to his strongest followers. Marching forward he destroyed the ancient city that now lies under Geffen and even more on this path he took to destroy everything. Finally he came to be confronted by the last army of humanity. This army consisted of every valiant soul capable of fighting from all the corners of the world. Crusaders, Hunters, Priests, Assassins and many more, they were all there to stop this god.

The battle was fierce and lasted for hours. Neither side had the advantage, but Erebos had not yet entered battle. He stayed in the back watching waiting. After 3 hours of intense battle Erebos took hold of his sword, Executioner, and dashed through the battlefield killing all in his way. His target was the General of the opposing army, the wielder of the Holy Avenger, a crusader called Uruz.

Uruz was caught off guard not expecting the dark god to reach him in a flash. The Executioner came down on its enemy?s head but then a great light came down from the sky and engulfed the two fighters. When the light cleared we saw the great spear Brionac blocking Executioner and the wielder of this weapon was Hestia, the goddess of light who could no longer let Erebos have his way. Both were now ready to face each other in a battle that would seal this conflict. They both stepped back and charged each other. They fought fiercely with great force that shook the surrounding grounds. None managed to touch the other until they were both tired from the fight. With the last of their strength they attacked each other with the intent of killing or to be killed in this strike, but someone neither expected to see stopped both attacks. Odin riding his great horse blocked the Brionac with Gungnir the never missing spear and he blocked Executioner with his Angelic Shield.

??Enough, this war is over! This final attack showed me that neither side would prevail, since both of you were going to die from each other?s attack. Starting today no god shall ever interfere directly with this world.??

Those were the words said by the great Odin and they were to be respected. Erebos did not insist knowing full well that Odin can kill in one strike and even if he killed the great one he would have every other god after him which would bring his death.

The two armies separated and this war ended in a stalemate.

Chapter 6 ~ A never ending struggle

For many moons, the kingdom of Rune-Midgard has known peace, but the shadow of evil is never far, and once more the dark side threatens the lives of the peaceful ones.

Evil takes the name of Sir Melot, an arrogant noble from a neighbouring kingdom who seeks to conquer land to form his own empire. He worships Erebos, god of darkness and does not hesitate to shed blood.

Alas, not all hope is gone, because Light has a fervent follower by the name of Thea, protected by Hestia, goddess of light. Thea loves her kingdom and all the creatures and citizens that inhabit it; she will fight for the peace of Rune-Midgart.

Each side seeks the brave and the mighty to join them on their quests; those who answer the call will be known as heroes. These are the Chronicles of the Heroes, chose your side wisely and maybe you shall truly become a Hero.

The Legendary Joe Wrote:
Kaoreii Wrote:auron-sama is the forum cleaner :D
Dolly Extrodinair, GM of Many sizes, and Forum Janitor =o
That's me. Icon_biggrin[Image: GM-Auron.gif]
11-24-2006 09:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jkang Offline

RE: Chronicles of the heroes records

where is the missing chapter?? what happened to make the darks start pushing the lights back WHERE IS CHAPTER FOUR!!!
05-26-2008 12:35 AM
Eudoxie Offline
Dark Conjurer

The Missing Chronicle is as much of a mystery to you as it is for me. I've taken my time to research all of my ancient documentary of the War of Agony, yet there seems to be no trace of the records. My old searches in the old wizard's tower in Geffen shows no sign either. It seems only the great library at Kaldheim could hold answers, but we all know what a search there entails.

Those damned Light Heroes probably are out to destroy all the remaining records to cover their weaknesses... and of COURSE our dear Dark Champion Mystra is doing nothing about it.

How someone like this was once my teacher is like a shameful part of my life.
05-26-2008 12:43 AM
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

Eudoxie, has the thought that even you, cant take the truth? Some things are are not meant for everyone eyes and ears. If the chapter isn't there, it might be for a reason, or else, I wouldn't be "doing nothing".

Some secrets to know how to destroy Light must remain secrets, or else they might fail in future attempts.

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
05-26-2008 01:35 AM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

Eudoxie Wrote:I've taken my time to research all of my ancient documentary of the War of Agony
Why do I imagine Eudox sitting on the couch watching the history channel?

GM-Mystra Wrote:Eudoxie, has the thought that even you, cant take the truth? Some things are are not meant for everyone eyes and ears.
Or in other words....
Here

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2008 01:51 AM by Kadar.)
05-26-2008 01:49 AM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

Or maybe you just plain lost them >_> and by them I mean it

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2008 01:51 AM by Fruityla.)
05-26-2008 01:50 AM
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

Fruityla Wrote:Or maybe you just plain lost them >_> and by them I mean it
How dare you miserable mortal question my responsibility? The chapter is missing, because it must be missing. Case closed.

~ Support Tickets ~
05-26-2008 02:09 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Wouldn't surprise me, with historical and/or religious documents of significant importance or things that show the beleifs of actions of those in power in a bad light often get cast aside by those in power, "Some books are not meant to be read..."

Maybe there's some connection between King Tristan III might know something, too bad we heroes can't do much to get NPC's to talk unless it's part of their script, and it'd probably make it so If you weren't of noble status you'd be Beheaded for knowing XD
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2008 06:16 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
05-26-2008 06:15 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1742 Thinking

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-26-2008 08:34 AM
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

Panda, you killed the fun! @nuke

Icon_evil

~ Support Tickets ~
05-26-2008 12:52 PM