Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
De-Customize New World
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

RE: De-Customize New World

I've never seen a Nephentes use EDP even while testing after other complaints for this. The Pneuma and Drain are supposed to occur with the Nephentes, how many cells are you from the monsters if you happen to know off hand.

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
09-04-2014 04:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Macabrette Away
<3

I don't know if it's EDP or poison, sorry.
I didn't play RO for a while.
They do skills when they see me and when I attack them my range is 9 cells, but I can't attack since they spam drain (again, before maintenance they didn't do all those skills). Sorry to bother you with this, but I didn't experienced this in any other server.

I understand that maybe you think those maps are easy for people with BG set, so you tried to make it a bit harder, but not everybody like to BG all day.
Sorry

[Image: 33nerfk.jpg]

Macabrette - High Wizard
MsMacabrette - Dancer
Marmorette - Hunter

[Image: 2337o1.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 02:40 PM by Macabrette.)
09-05-2014 10:02 AM
GM-Rahice Offline

I believe it's the Poison skill that appears across the floor, kind of like in a X? I always forget what that's called... But yes, it is supposed to do that.

We'll take another look at the monsters, we actually didn't alter them on our own, if there are changes from the SVN we will know about it, though.

09-05-2014 09:47 PM
Ratatosk Offline

Hello, I'm interesting in this post too.
What is the general sense of the changes of the new world? Why was it necessary to change the monsters property? Why relocate them to other locations? Why are they spamming skill like crazy? Centipede example throws quagmire whole screen. Tatacho stuns themselves with hammer fall once a player gets into the zone of visibility. (My idea of the monsters are based on information from the irowiki.org)
My favorite character in RO is ninja. And I was pleasantly surprised by such things as a black scarf and a Sapling card. But the customization of the new world is killing all fun of the game.
09-07-2014 07:28 AM
Macabrette Away
<3

(09-07-2014 07:28 AM)Ratatosk Wrote:  But the customization of the new world is killing all fun of the game.

^ No1

Macabrette - High Wizard
MsMacabrette - Dancer
Marmorette - Hunter

[Image: 2337o1.png]
09-07-2014 08:02 AM
GM-Rahice Offline

After numerous tests and skill-research and double checking. The results are still the same, we did not change anything when the SVN was updated for these monsters. They were the same before the SVN as they are after the SVN. This included all their skills, their casting abilities, distance for casting.

I've not experience a 'whole screen' of Quagmire. Tatacho are non-aggro and they never stunned themselves or me just by walking into the same map range, The MVP Hardrock Mammoth can stun you for walking close to it, are you certain you didn't mistake this for it?

You can still stand in an area that Nepenthes can not hit you while casting Magic on them, Ninja and Mage classes. However, you do need to wear Bathory to avoid the whole Draining-bit.

I've leveled there legitimately before and after the SVN.

09-07-2014 02:07 PM
Ratatosk Offline

I understand that the monsters are the same as before the update SVN, but in principle why they changed (property, race, skills, habitat, etc.)? What is the meaning of these changes?
Yes, there it is possible leveling and farming, but it is not fun.
[Image: 29fw7y8.jpg]
[Image: 16itapc.jpg]
09-07-2014 06:40 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!! *spasms*

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2014 07:29 PM by Story Teller.)
09-07-2014 06:58 PM
GM-Rahice Offline

I believe the answer you were looking for then is available on the first page of this thread. Former GM-Lassander's explanation was that at the time eAthena was going downhill and was extremely slow upon releasing the actual monster/etc. heRO customized the monsters and released them, because people were wanting the maps/monsters/etc.

09-07-2014 08:18 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Centipedes do spam the heck out of quagmire.
Quite a pain in the butt, but something you'll have to learn to deal with when leveling at that particular map.

My main way of handling it is to clear an entire area of the map of centipedes to create a "safe zone." This safe zone will be what you try to get to if you need to teleport to recuperate your health/mana/give pet crap to hold.

For some reason, if you keep killing in an area, the monsters will spawn into another area of the map. I recommend the first two cubby holes you can find on the right hand side of the map.

The downside of this method means you've effectively made it more difficult to kill in another area.

Of course, if you have the patience of an ox, you can always polymorph all the bugs with a hylozoist clip. Icon_razz

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-07-2014 09:44 PM