Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
De-Customize New World
Macabrette Away
<3

RE: De-Customize New World

(09-07-2014 02:07 PM)GM-Rahice Wrote:  After numerous tests and skill-research and double checking. The results are still the same, we did not change anything when the SVN was updated for these monsters. They were the same before the SVN as they are after the SVN. This included all their skills, their casting abilities, distance for casting.

I've not experience a 'whole screen' of Quagmire. Tatacho are non-aggro and they never stunned themselves or me just by walking into the same map range, The MVP Hardrock Mammoth can stun you for walking close to it, are you certain you didn't mistake this for it?

You can still stand in an area that Nepenthes can not hit you while casting Magic on them, Ninja and Mage classes. However, you do need to wear Bathory to avoid the whole Draining-bit.

I've leveled there legitimately before and after the SVN.
Sorry to disappoint you again, but before maintenance(SVN) they were different and they didn't spam skills like they do now. Nephentes never spammed drain or pneuma while I was attacking them. I can't find an area where Nephentes can not hit me while casting Magic on them! Centipedes never spammed quagmire/edp once a player gets into the zone of visibility.
But if you say that's normal as it was before the SVN, ok o.O

Macabrette - High Wizard
MsMacabrette - Dancer
Marmorette - Hunter

[Image: 2337o1.png]
09-08-2014 07:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

(09-08-2014 07:03 AM)Macabrette Wrote:  
(09-07-2014 02:07 PM)GM-Rahice Wrote:  After numerous tests and skill-research and double checking. The results are still the same, we did not change anything when the SVN was updated for these monsters. They were the same before the SVN as they are after the SVN. This included all their skills, their casting abilities, distance for casting.

I've not experience a 'whole screen' of Quagmire. Tatacho are non-aggro and they never stunned themselves or me just by walking into the same map range, The MVP Hardrock Mammoth can stun you for walking close to it, are you certain you didn't mistake this for it?

You can still stand in an area that Nepenthes can not hit you while casting Magic on them, Ninja and Mage classes. However, you do need to wear Bathory to avoid the whole Draining-bit.

I've leveled there legitimately before and after the SVN.
Sorry to disappoint you again, but before maintenance(SVN) they were different and they didn't spam skills like they do now. Nephentes never spammed drain or pneuma while I was attacking them. I can't find an area where Nephentes can not hit me while casting Magic on them! Centipedes never spammed quagmire/edp once a player gets into the zone of visibility.
But if you say that's normal as it was before the SVN, ok o.O

Nepenthes have a long range, so you have to stand back pretty far to cast magic properly on them. They always spammed pneuma before the new update as well, especially if they began to be hit by long range attacks.

Centipedes certainly did spam quag and poisons before the new update as well. I use to go solo kill Tatachos all the time. Centipedes really suck, and I hate how many of them spawn on that map, and are the main reason I stopped going to kill Tatachos. On my prof, I would always have more centi kills than Tatachos, and that gets old so fast trying to farm for money there. x)

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-08-2014 08:07 AM
abigunov Offline

i'm glad that this thread was revived. And if i understood GM right: New world castomization was applied to server before it official submited? If that so, maybe now when new world completly included in game mobs became to "standart" irowiki properties?
09-08-2014 10:38 AM
Macabrette Away
<3

(09-08-2014 08:07 AM)Aaronock Wrote:  Nepenthes have a long range, so you have to stand back pretty far to cast magic properly on them. They always spammed pneuma before the new update as well, especially if they began to be hit by long range attacks.
They have long range but before the maintenance I was able to kill them from 9 cells and they never hitted me, now I can't. So they can't say they were like this before maintenance.

Macabrette - High Wizard
MsMacabrette - Dancer
Marmorette - Hunter

09-09-2014 11:50 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Are you sure you're lined up perfectly along the north/west/east/south of them? If you're on a non-cardinal direction then "9 cells" is really slightly closer and they can target you.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
09-10-2014 08:50 AM
abigunov Offline

At least i suggest set mob skill's cooldown (for example Muscipular has similar skill blood drain but it has cooldown 5 sec and chanse to cast it 10%, but Nepenthes(and other NW mobs) as you can test yourself has no cooldown for skills and always cast all of them)
09-10-2014 11:58 AM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

I'll speak to the other GM's about the cool down suggestion.

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
09-10-2014 01:41 PM
Macabrette Away
<3

Oh, I found this pic from August 13 (I was still wizard) where you can see they don't attack or do skills if they see you in the screen.

[Image: sf8ec3.jpg]

Macabrette - High Wizard
MsMacabrette - Dancer
Marmorette - Hunter

09-13-2014 08:54 AM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

Maybe they are wearing contact lenses?

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
09-13-2014 01:39 PM
GM-Garr Offline
Local friendly code monkey

Fun thing is... SVN update happened on 8th of August. Just saying.

~for a week after svn change some skills on new world monsters were broken before this was reported and fixed. So you got lucky to train in that period :3

But I'll talk to Pandora about increasing their cast delay a bit.

Want to help HeRO with new content? Join the T&D Team!

For info on the server, check out the HeRO wiki.
To see your ingame account, visit the Control Panel.
If you encounter any problems, don't hesitate to submit a Support Ticket.

And don't forget:
Not all dragons are bad...
09-15-2014 04:27 PM