Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dark and Light
iMilo Offline

Dark and Light

Sorry if i complaining so much as a newbie Icon_biggrin

First time i join this server because of one thing..
Dark and light allegiance
Hhehehehe.. I thought its happened every time so you guys have a new gameplay from another server(it would be really fun).. But i just know it just happened once a month Cry
How you guys GM and player think about :

Make dark and light allegiance more strict by all guild and party should be with their own allegiance.. So all people can feel the "Dark vs Light" every time... Or maybe in some dungeon dark and light can fight each other to dominate the map..

I just think about this because what makes me join this server is because the allegiance system and this is the way heRO can attract people.. If the "Dark vs Light" thing is just on ToH or cute headgear and pet, it would not give many different to other server's gameplay.. Ok

Sorry for bad english Mad
09-13-2013 02:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

RE: Dark and Light

Well, we've heard plans of some dungeons being exclusive to one or other allegiance, but it was long ago and probably not gonna happen any time soon. Just like svn update. As far as i know, from like 4~5 years back roleplay event server even has some light/dark allegiance monsters. As far as i can remember, it was something like an endless tower run from light/dark allegiance fighting mobs of other allegiance to get to the "bosses", who were actual player monsters :D But it was long ago and now only really really old people (like me, or even older *points at Aaronock for example*) even remember that. So yeah, point is:
tl;dr: There were plans for this, but it's not happening in any foreseen future.

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
09-13-2013 04:08 AM
iMilo Offline

Ahhhh O_O
09-13-2013 06:44 AM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

For a little while last year we had a dark vs. light event three times per month (IIRC) that was kind of a race between the allegiances to see which could get to the emp room of one of the castles faster while fighting mobs of the opposite allegiance, but it died off after GM Chaucer left, unfortunately. No idea if there are plans to bring it back.

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
09-13-2013 07:23 AM
Mupfelsan Offline
I want you to smile =)

Oh, I so loved those light vs dark events at castles *-*
Such a nice teamwork, group experience thing Icon_biggrin

[Image: 2995398983_1_3_12TExp4e.gif]

To-Do-List:
1. Don't worry
2. Be Happy !
09-13-2013 10:57 AM
iMilo Offline

Woooowww O_O it should be nice XD
09-13-2013 11:01 AM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

Yeah, I really enjoyed them. We were having a pretty even split between light winning and dark winning, too, which is always good to see! Unfortunately I don't think that's an event that they can automate, because of the varied times. It used to be announced ahead of time on the forum like ToH, so people could plan to be there. If it COULD be, that'd be awesome. But I think it's more of a "need a GM around" kind of event.

Although, that makes me think maybe there should be allegiance events via event bag... hmm. That might be worth brainstorming!

To help:
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

09-13-2013 11:25 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

@iMilo aside from the events, there are light/dark quests you can do at any time. I agree more allegiance events would be nice however.

Oh.. automated events LvD, it gives me nice ideas and I know just the map I would use for it. I wish I had time to work on this, sounds fun. But I'm pretty booked as it is for at least a month, after the halloween quest is released perhaps.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-13-2013 09:24 PM
iMilo Offline

Yeeeyy!!? Go GMs!!? :D
09-13-2013 09:50 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

RE:??Dark and Light

GM-Pandora Wrote:Oh.. automated events LvD, it gives me nice ideas and I know just the map I would use for it. I wish I had time to work on this, sounds fun. But I'm pretty booked as it is for at least a month, after the halloween quest is released perhaps.

Sweet! Thanks for at least taking it under consideration. \o/ But yeah, the end of the year is pretty heavy on the holiday quests, heh. (Which I also love. *__*)

To help:
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

09-13-2013 10:19 PM