Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rebalance Muspel
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

RE: Rebalance Muspel

And the old muspel was too hard and people with god items get too many items.
The new muspel is too easy and full of noobs.
People are never happy asd
Maybe the solution can be reduce the exp so much and make muspel a dungeuon for drops only, because atm only the killer get usefull items on mini muspel.
No exp=no leecher anyway, they will return to DG.

For CP
And btw this actuall muspel is duoable with hp and ws, so isnt this the point that you need to speak about for improve Muspel imo.

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
01-05-2014 10:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

finally i got into mini one muspel party..
and now im sure..

REMOVE THE EXP FROM EVENT SURTUR AND FAFNIR..

seriously wtf.. the outer dungeon is enough to give a lvl 91 non trans char 100% worth of exp.. the one where u farm sparks.. and i got that much exp without turning any spark..
no wonder there's less and less decent player nowdays..
(Note: surtur exp is ~175% at lvl 92 non trans)
no one bother to grind or work hard on any of their char to lvl or at least.. to get used of the class s/he has.

And it's not about exp and player skill anymore, it's affecting their gears as well.. people will prefer to leech on muspel party than going to any other place like bathory, pasana, hodremlin, raydric, etc, etc, etc.. soo, those card ain't spawning as much as it used to be.. and people would obviously prefer to make a muspel party over nameless.. so, no tidal and wool (that's is pretty good for almost all trans classes and not hard to find in the old days), and orleans uniform and LBW (pretty good for caster as well)

and without any exp at all, the prize for participating the event is already enough compared with another event
Poring Smash (assuming boss defeated): ~1.5m but heavily depends on player luck
poring card -> 400k
Fabre Tame (assuming ~20 eggs): total ~2m or more
2 OBB -> worthless
1 Gold -> 150k
1 fabre -> 400k
2 BB -> 500k
20 ori -> ~300k
20 soft -> ??
20 rose -> ~600k
Zombie Run (assuming scored ~42): total ~1.25m or more
2x BB -> 500k
1 zombie -> 400k
1 gold -> 150k
2 OBB -> worthless
6 Elu -> 200k
GB and OPB -> worthless

and now lets see what mini muspel can gave u
Mini-muspel (assuming surtur defeated): ~1.3m(at very least, prolly more)
2OPB -> worthless
1 Rough -> ~750k (15m for enriched elu divided by 20)
1 Gold -> 150k
1 BB -> 250k
sparks -> 100k
3 life pot -> 60k
and lot of neat stuff you can get while farming the spark.. not to mention (again), the easy exp on a non exp loss map on any char u can choose..
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 10:34 AM by Shinigami l0_0l.)
01-06-2014 09:54 AM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

I agree so much with Shinigami: make mini Muspel (or both muspel?) no exp gain, just an event where you can gains item.
I don`t join a lot of minis, but see people in main write: "LFP>Selkie killer" and after see this leecher (because this are in the end) with no Pasana and Marc, for me the two essential gears for this place, get free LVs up and free items, sorry but I don`t like this.
At this point I prefer see DG where a sin 1 vit lurers, with 2 wizards that do no damage and a priest with ress LV 1: at least they learn better how to party asd

Panda wanted to make Muspel for all and make enricheds easy and for all, because before ALL ignore this event: Panda u get your goal, please hear us all now <3

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
01-06-2014 11:05 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

+1 Shinigami
rough estimates but seems quite appropriate

i reckon since the item rewards are relatively comparable, it would be wise to reduce the exp gain in mini muspel

That way people would value the regular muspel a bit more than the mini muspel.

W
01-06-2014 12:16 PM
Ange Offline

I enjoy muspel as a place to level up, as it's one of the few places in heRO where you can do the classic dungeon crawl -> Boss Fight. It's fun, and more interesting than grinding out on DG, thors, or nameless. Albus had a point that you shouldn't be expected to master your class by the time you 99 it, but I say that you should at least have basic proficiency in some aspect of your class by the time you 99, and Muspel doesn't require even that. Shinigami's point that the rewards are still worthwhile even with the exp removed is valid, but there's a better solution: make the dungeon harder. RO as a whole is designed so more difficult dungeons yield better rewards, in terms of both items and exp, so why not make Muspel fit into this paradigm. Make the dungeon crawl more involved; make it ACTUALLY take twelve people working together to defeat surtur. And then take the enriched off as an mvp drop and put it as a normal drop at 33% chance, because if everybody is actually working for the kill, the rewards should be shared.
01-06-2014 03:35 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

While I don't agree with how high the exp gain from fafnir/surtur is, I feel turning it into an item-only dungeon would sorta kill it entirely. Shpuld still be just enough exp/loots there to draw them away from their usual grinds, but not enough to warrent having it done all day long. Perhaps, we could put a cooldown on player hosted events?

I mean, like maybe we could make it so that Mini-muspel could only be done once a day, if not, have at least like a 2 hour (minimum) cooldown between player hosted events, regardless of who hosts it.

It's not JUST the exp gain that is breaking muspel, it's the frequency of which people ARE doing muspel. If you could only get that exp once a day, Yes it'd still be worth doing, but you're probably going to find other places to grind for the rest of the day. Muspel was originally intended to be on Mondays only with that variable with "which Monday of the month is it?" and it's time.
01-06-2014 03:45 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

Making it once daily would completely screw over anyone who didn't happen to be on at whatever time it ran, so I don't much like that idea. Cooldown, maybe. Definitely not once a day, though. ETA: I know regular Muspel used to just be once during the day (now twice), but the difference there is it's scheduled, and the schedule rotates. Having a player-hosted event that's only usable once a day would be way too easy for a single group of people to abuse, methinks.

Also putting in a side note that leveling oneself to 99 doesn't necessarily mean one is going to be proficient with one's character in a party setting. *says someone who mostly levels solo* On the rare occasion I do want to join a party (SOLOING 95-99 IS THE WORST OMG), I usually chicken out of asking because I don't want to embarrass myself/piss anyone off by not being real great at partying. :/

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 08:03 PM by demishock.)
01-06-2014 08:00 PM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

i got a feeling that most people is to lazy to use any char that already maxed. So if they could make a char and get it into lvl 99 with muspel, they will make a new char and do the same thing again..

and i think making the dungeon harder is not a good solution. Think about the quest ingame.. like the series of nameless quest.. it's way more troublesome and harder than that stupid muspel, but doesn't give u as much exp (im not sure the 4 prerequisite quest for nameless will give u as much exp as muspel).

and now lets check thana.. i got a feeling one run of thana tower can get you more or less similar ammout of zenny, but way harder, longer and troublesome (trans only).. but doesnt give u as much exp as well
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 08:18 PM by Shinigami l0_0l.)
01-06-2014 08:15 PM
Menace651 Offline

Muspel is fine the way it is now. Keep in mind we are at increased rates. Running Muspel also requires event bags. Once those dry up and rates go back to normal there wont be as much Mini Muspel spamming. You can probably get faster EXP at Thors with a good party.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
01-06-2014 08:18 PM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

RE: ??Rebalance Muspel

Menace651 Wrote:Muspel is fine the way it is now. Keep in mind we are at increased rates. Running Muspel also requires event bags. Once those dry up and rates go back to normal there wont be as much Mini Muspel spamming. You can probably get faster EXP at Thors with a good party.

i think u should read my post first..

shinigami l0_0l Wrote:finally i got into mini one muspel party..
and now im sure..

REMOVE THE EXP FROM EVENT SURTUR AND FAFNIR..

seriously wtf.. the outer dungeon is enough to give a lvl 91 non trans char 100% worth of exp.. the one where u farm sparks.. and i got that much exp without turning any spark..
no wonder there's less and less decent player nowdays..
(Note: surtur exp is ~175% at lvl 92 non trans)
no one bother to grind or work hard on any of their char to lvl or at least.. to get used of the class s/he has.

And it's not about exp and player skill anymore, it's affecting their gears as well.. people will prefer to leech on muspel party than going to any other place like bathory, pasana, hodremlin, raydric, etc, etc, etc.. soo, those card ain't spawning as much as it used to be.. and people would obviously prefer to make a muspel party over nameless.. so, no tidal and wool (that's is pretty good for almost all trans classes and not hard to find in the old days), and orleans uniform and LBW (pretty good for caster as well)

even with increased rates, i honestly think that much exp is stupid.. especially with a party full of leechers.. and increased rates is not only for muspel, but it affecting the amount you could get from normal quest and normal monster as well, so the ammount of exp you can get from any other place than muspel will be dropped as well.. i don't think increased rates is a good excuse..

shinigami l0_0l Wrote:and without any exp at all, the prize for participating the event is already enough compared with another event
Poring Smash (assuming boss defeated): ~1.5m but heavily depends on player luck
poring card -> 400k
Fabre Tame (assuming ~20 eggs): total ~2m or more
2 OBB -> worthless
1 Gold -> 150k
1 fabre -> 400k
2 BB -> 500k
20 ori -> ~300k
20 soft -> ??
20 rose -> ~600k
Zombie Run (assuming scored ~42): total ~1.25m or more
2x BB -> 500k
1 zombie -> 400k
1 gold -> 150k
2 OBB -> worthless
6 Elu -> 200k
GB and OPB -> worthless

and now lets see what mini muspel can gave u
Mini-muspel (assuming surtur defeated): ~1.3m(at very least, prolly more)
2OPB -> worthless
1 Rough -> ~750k (15m for enriched elu divided by 20)
1 Gold -> 150k
1 BB -> 250k
sparks -> 100k
3 life pot -> 60k
and lot of neat stuff you can get while farming the spark.. not to mention (again), the easy exp on a non exp loss map on any char u can choose..

and even if it requires event bag.. it shouldn't be that stupid..
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 08:46 PM by Shinigami l0_0l.)
01-06-2014 08:45 PM