Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rebalance Muspel
Ange Offline

Rebalance Muspel

I posted this list in another thread, but it was somewhat off-topic, and the thread has since been further derailed. So here it is in the appropriate place.
The goal of these proposed changes is to make the rewards and difficulty for mini-muspel congruent while having the dungeon still be worthwhile.

1. Lower the exp to 1/2 - 2/3 of what it currently is. People can still get good exp by killing it with a smaller party

2. Reduce the number of selkies by two or three. People will be more reluctant to take leechers if they aren't needed for the crawl. The number of selkies will still be high enough that you need a party of six or more.

3. Switch the enriched ori/elu from an mvp drop to a normal drop at 33% each. You don't want to share enriched ori/elu with leechers, so you only bring people who contribute.

4. Make it a proper instance instead of an event. Only the party that initiates the event can go in. You don't want assholes soloing it on creator out of party and taking everything, you want the party who did the work for the whole dungeon getting the rewards.

5. Have it be a bit more complicated to open. Perhaps a short quest that can only be done once per character or once per character per week. The quest could require an item only gotten from regular muspel (although not too hard to obtain of an item).
12-29-2013 07:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

RE: Rebalance Muspel

Ange Wrote:4. Make it a proper instance instead of an event. Only the party that initiates the event can go in. You don't want assholes soloing it on creator out of party and taking everything, you want the party who did the work for the whole dungeon getting the rewards.

I vaguely recall there were some problems with actual instances in SVN hero's having atm. Probably one of the reasons Nidd doesn't have his instance D:

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
12-30-2013 03:55 AM
GM-Azote Offline
The Ban GM

Ange Wrote:The goal of these proposed changes is to make the rewards and difficulty for mini-muspel congruent while having the dungeon still be worthwhile.

1. Lower the exp to 1/2 - 2/3 of what it currently is. People can still get good exp by killing it with a smaller party

Pandora decreased the exp from MvP in early december. Please remind the rates are currently 7/7/3 due to the new year, which is a 40% bonus that will be gone soon. We will then figure out if we're changing the exp once more or leave it as is.

Ange Wrote:2. Reduce the number of selkies by two or three. People will be more reluctant to take leechers if they aren't needed for the crawl. The number of selkies will still be high enough that you need a party of six or more.

3. Switch the enriched ori/elu from an mvp drop to a normal drop at 33% each. You don't want to share enriched ori/elu with leechers, so you only bring people who contribute.

4. Make it a proper instance instead of an event. Only the party that initiates the event can go in. You don't want assholes soloing it on creator out of party and taking everything, you want the party who did the work for the whole dungeon getting the rewards.
I believe events should be inviting to everyone, rather than being exclusive to a restrained group of people. This includes giving a chance to less popular classes. There are a few features/restrictions in Muspel to encourage a large number of people to participate but there is extra rewards for the grunt work.
Ange Wrote:5. Have it be a bit more complicated to open. Perhaps a short quest that can only be done once per character or once per character per week. The quest could require an item only gotten from regular muspel (although not too hard to obtain of an item).
Azote does not want. We got a lot of Event Bags to sink, and this is the only non-novice event available. We wish to implement more choices in the future, but for now, Muspel it is.

Thanks for the suggestions though.
-Azote

[Image: Azote.gif]
HeROwiki
Support tickets
12-30-2013 05:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Menace651 Offline

Yes to leaving the EXP where it is and lowering the number of Selkies. No to making a pre-requiste quest. I would also like Mini-Muspel to be more restricted to the party that initiated the event like Endless Tower. I hate having to work harder to collect more sparks because of idiots that go in and do nothing but get free BB's, gold and exp while your party has to do all the work for them. Or at least make it like regular Muspel where each person needs a certain amount of sparks. This would make those people have to work to move onto the next stage.

I would also like to add that Sparks should be made trade-able. It's a pain in regular Muspel to turn off and on autoloot to allow other members of the party to collect enough sparks. I don't see any harm in this since people are not allowed to enter Muspel with sparks anyway. It would allow parties to move onto the next phase of Muspel much faster.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2013 07:23 PM by Menace651.)
12-30-2013 07:19 PM
Ange Offline

Azote, I understand your point about muspel being inviting to everyone, but as it stands, the rewards are disproportionate to the amount of effort required. An alternate solution is to make the dungeon as a whole more difficult.
12-31-2013 12:30 AM
Menace651 Offline

Making the dungeon harder isn't going to change much. You are still going to have 4-5 main party members supporting and killing and 8+ leechers. Its just going to take longer. Its still better than the original muspel where a duo party could just rush through and kill the end boss before a party could even collect enough sparks. If i wanted to make the dungeon more challenging I would add in high mdef/low def, low vit monsters or ghost property monsters or monsters that used pnuema/safety wall so it would force people in a party to be more tactiful and make use of all classes instead of the regular hwiz, bragi, AD bread and butter party.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2014 03:09 AM by Menace651.)
12-31-2013 02:22 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Just gonna pop in and say run time can be used as a balancing factor. Not just lowering actual exp/item drops, so taking long can be something to legitimately consider too, rather than just brushing off as an effect. :X

Inasad
stop doing dickers
12-31-2013 03:04 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Make it so everything in Muspel spams earthquake so all those extra bodies end up being damage sponges that are entirely necessary to have so the party doesn't wipe. And make mini-muspels exp loss
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2013 10:14 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
12-31-2013 10:14 PM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

Or simple return the old Muspel with old brige, old mobs, old exp and bla bla and pretty sure leechers will vanish

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
01-04-2014 10:26 AM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

and then let WS and HP duo mvps again...
01-04-2014 03:04 PM