Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Monkhood
Pojo Offline
Pojo!!~

Monkhood

Two questions-

1)In your opinion what is a good type of build for a monk to follow?

and

2) Anyone want to help a currently 38/27 aco. level up? Or anyone around the same level, any class, want to level up together? Icon_wink

[Image: heROPojo.png]
03-17-2007 07:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
crossmesh Offline
I R QUEEN, BOW DOWN TO ME

RE: Monkhood

theres like WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
too many great monk builds =O
Try Gamefaqs.com for FAQ and guides
03-17-2007 07:57 PM
bensei Offline

yea monk is a great class because of his many different skills....
well the most famous builds r: the throw spirit sphere/finger offensive build,
im not sure with this one but u will need much int and str i think but u should check thisIcon_biggrin;

The combo monk build, here u use all the available combo skills like: Ragin trificeta blow, raging quadruple blow and so on.... here u need high agi to have a good chance for ragin trificeta blow (first part of the combo is random), a little bit int (i guess a int like 6 or 12 should be good to get a sp healy bonus), and str of course to make a good combo dmg;

And last but not least the Asura/Extreme fist monk, as u hear u will mostly use the Asura Strike (extrem fist) this build isnt easy to level because u will need tons of grapejuice; here u would need a much int and i think str but im not sure again (long time ago since i trained a monk Icon_lol )

well but the best thing is that u can make a good hybrid build with him like
Finger offensive-combo
finger offensive-asura
combo-asura

but this builds would take some time unil they show their real powerIcon_biggrin
for just leveling the Finger offensive/occult impact (quest skill i think, good for high def monster/chars) would be ok.. also its good for pvp Icon_wink

but as crossmesh said u should check some builds for further equip suggestions and a "when do i stat what" explanationIcon_biggrin
03-18-2007 05:50 AM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

Normally, I'd abide by the "if all else fails, gamefaqs it" rule. However, in this case, I'd actually advise against following the faqs on gamefaqs for this. Unless there's recent posters with actual intelligence, it's just not a good idea. You know the person doesn't know wtf they're talking about when they suggest builds that include things such as "99+15 str".

You're much better off finding an experienced monk on the server and getting thier advice. I'm not sure if Ehaltar still plays, but he was one of the better monks I saw on the server. Icon_wink
03-18-2007 02:27 PM
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

I'm pretty well versed in monkiness. Bensei hit on the basics (though Occcult Impact isn't a quest skill). My suggestion is to figure out which skills you want to take. IRO is a good reference for this. Once you've got your skillset planned, decide on your stats. I'll tell you what to consider for each:

combo: Don't stop hitting!
agi: ASPD is critical. Trifecta is needed to start the combo unless you use root, and it has a 25% chance to fire on a normal hit.
dex: Make it hit. Occult Impact and Asura Strike always hit, but combos don't.
str: Make it hurt.
int: SP recovery. You shouldn't need very much, but going all out with combos will suck you dry faster than you think.

Asura Strike: Fist of doom!
str: Most important stat for pvm Asura. Without str, you won't top 40k damage.
dex: Most important stat for pvp Asura. Reduce cast time so people can't interrupt you or run away.
sp: More SP = bigger Asura. 'Nuff said.

Throw Spirit Sphere: Look, Mom, I'm a hunter!
str: High atk multiplier, have str to take advantage.
dex: Long cast time, and not guaranteed to hit.
int: It's nice to have some, but Throw is quite cheap actually.

Occult Impact: What defense?
str: High atk multiplier, pierces defense. Make it hurt!
int: Again, have some. Against defensive enemies, OI is amazingly SP-efficient.
dex: unnecessary for OI. It's fast and can't miss.

Mental Strength: My defense!
Really, it's pretty nice on its own, but if you want to get the most out of it, vit and int will further cut down physical and magic damage, as well as improve potion effeciency.

I hope that helps, feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2007 03:45 PM by Force-Attuned Krogoth.)
03-18-2007 03:42 PM