Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ideas for More End-Game Content
Menace651 Offline

Ideas for More End-Game Content

I think HeRO needs more end game content. I have an account full of 99/70's that are in semi-permanent retirement because I can't level them anymore. Besides WOE, BG and MVP'ing there is little other to do other than farm for cards which is completely boring. Here are just a few ideas I've seen on other servers/games that might work on HeRO. I know some of these ideas might be asking for a lot from the GM team but they are just suggestions.

1. More End Game Dungeons
Dungeons that are actually doable and give drops that are useful(AD/ED mats, OCA/DCA's, gears, etc.) and maybe restricted to 90+ players. I know we have Orcus and the new WOE map with the custom player monsters but the monsters are either too hard or not worth the time to kill or people will just go to camp bosses. Thors Dungeon is a perfect example of a good end-game dungeon. It's hard but doable, requires decently geared players, and has amazing drops.

2. Ranking System
I've seen games that have a ranking system (AKA player/players of the week/month) for PVP/PVM. Players that acquire the most points or exp for PVP or PVM'ing each week or month are given rewards. An event like this would encourage players to gear up their retired 99/70's and compete more in PVP or PVM parties. Rewards can include stuff like OCA's, Hatter vouchers, BG/WOE points or straight up zeny. This could probably be implemented easily into BG since it is already a PVP event.

3. More Randomized Events
Just more random events to keep things fresh. Maybe a bounty-like quest event where you hunt 'x" amount of monsters or collect "x" amount of items and turn in for points for prizes. This would force players to explore new maps and hunt monsters that aren't normally aren't. Or randomized monster invasions.

4. Gear Recycling
Most RPG games these days have some sort of item/gear recycling system to do away with useless lowbie gears in exchange for a chance at higher items or gears. Don't know how hard this would be to implement in HeRO but it would be a good way for players to get rid of their junk items and maybe stimulate the economy a little.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2013 02:55 PM by Menace651.)
12-08-2013 02:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Ideas for More End-Game Content

Interesting Icon_smile

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
12-08-2013 03:09 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

+1 to ideas 1,3,4. -1000 for idea 2.

With the current format/player base. Someone can simply ask a guild to make a lvl 1 novice and spend 24h in pvp room to drop the noob to bump his rank?

A little like what Shinubi said about trading skulls for material? it doesn't help because people can actually abuse it. Even script the ranking for only killing players lvl 90+? it doesn't fix the problem of "feeders".
12-08-2013 05:30 PM
Ange Offline

<necropost>If you wanted to implement a ranking that couldn't be abused, simply use an ELO system. Only killing players of higher rank than you would have any significant effect on your ranking.</necropost>
12-29-2013 03:09 AM