Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Regarding GMs and their legit players' identity
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Regarding GMs and their legit players' identity

GMing is a responsability, is has its fun moments, but overall it is more work than play. Like every other human being, we sometimes feel the need to relax, and simply have fun! We love Ragnarok, otherwise we would not be GMing on a RO server, as such, it is only natural that we also like to play the game ^_^

In the past, it was decided that Game Masters should keep their legit player identity hidden, because we thought this would be easier and better for everyone. We don't wanna be seen any differently than any other players, but a lot of people seem to have a problem doing that, envy or suspicions are often not far, sadly. But this rule was decided in the pas, long time ago, things change, the GM team has changed a lot since then, time for new "rules". As of now, it is up to each GM to decide if they want to have their legit player's identity open or hidden.

We are giving this new approach a try and I hope it's for the best. Soon, the GMs who wish to tell everyone who their players are will come and post in here and reveal all or some of those character(s) they are playing when not on their GM character.

However, the "rule" to not bother GMs about their identity still applies to the GM who do not wish to tell who they are playing. This also calls for a new rule. I think the GMs who decide to reveal their identity must expect that they might get PMs while playing. HOWEVER.. please be considerate if PMing a GM on their character. They might be busy, they might not see your PM if they are hunting and their text box fills up too fast, they might actually not feel like solving a problem (altough most of them usually do not hesitate to switch to their GM character if they see they are needed).

Since we might allow other player we trust to access our legit character account, please consider that it might not always be the "GM person" playing. As such, we will NEVER ask you for sensitive information such as passwords. We will not even ask you those on our GM characters, so needless to say, never give such information to a playing character.

Regarding the legitimacy of our playing characters, I think you must have trust in your GMs, not blind trust, but basic and simple honest trust. As players, we kill monsters like everyone else, we do get cards and equips, we also commerce with other players. As such, it is very bothersome if everytime we aquire a new piece of equipment its legitimacy is "questionned". If you have a serious reason to doubt the legitimacy of a character or their items, send the matter with all information to another GM and we will investigate it. We have logs of pretty much everything that goes on in-game, however looking into them is long and bothersome and I don't want to have to do it all the time. Time spent investigating logs is time that is not spent elsewhere such as making updates, support or event.

Lastly, over a year ago we made this post, altough the GM team has changed, big parts of this post still holds true and I think it is worth reading:
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=960

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
03-26-2007 04:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Regarding GMs and their legit players' identity

(Yes I know I'm double-posting, but the post above is on behalf of the GM team, and this one is for Pandora)

What about my characters? To be honest, I have more than I can count. I've been on this server since the start, over a year and a half ago. I am not going to reveal most of them, some people know about them, but I would appreciate if they would keep that to themselves. I do a lot of work for this server, between the events, the patch, the svn, the toh and all the support, I think I deserve a little playtime to myself. If I'm not on my GM character, chances are I do not want to be bothered. I enjoy being a GM/Admin, but I also need to relax sometimes and vent some steam. If I do express opinions on my playing characters, they do not necessarily reflect the opinions of my GM, both are separate and please trust that I am mature enough to make the difference between the two.

I recently made a character called "Panda" some people have come to ask if this was me, indeed it is! This was in the wave of that new approach with our legit players. However, an incident, with people following me and a friend around (with the help of the CP) convinced me that I personally don't like to be on the open. When I play, I don't want to be considered any differently than any other player, I'm just me, not Pandora.

Peace everyone ^_^

~ Server Admin ~
03-26-2007 04:41 PM
Former-GM-Chocolate Offline
Sweet Valentine's Chocolate

I'm posting my legit player identity with the hopes that all of you will respect what Panda said. This is a very hard thing to do, at least to me. I realise that my true identity isn't that hard to guess and that I have been hypocrit with many people saying it wasn't who they said I was. But let's get down to business.
I have been playing in hero over 8 months, approximatedly 10 months. I have one main character and some secundary. I love to play, but most of all I love this community, I love the way people interact with each other and how friendly and supportive they have always been with me. My wish to become a GM started with this. With a feeling that I could be of some help, could be of some use to the server and make it better for these people. I understand that some people aren't THAT found of me, still I keep my hopes of the respect to what Panda asked. I haven't been playing a lot for a while, most of the time the one on my account is my boyfriend, who also play at this server. That aren't many brazillian players, and much less brazillian girls (YES, I am a girl, so from now on please refer to me as her and not him? XD), so I guess most people guessed right saying I was Enfermeira Joy.
Just as Panda, when I'm playing at my legit character, I would like to be treated as so, and not as a GM. I work for this server when I can, I study a lot for university and have to take care of my home, my grandma, my parents and my sister. I have many activities, and I still find time to spend here, and I would like to you all to understand that. I give a lot of my free time here, even if I don't spend SO much time in game, I'm always checking the forum and (trying) doing stuff for the server outside game. Since I don't even play that much, if you do need a GM please tell me, but don't harass me about non important stuff, such as begging for an event(btw, no kind of begging is allowed in this server), I deserve my relax time as well. Also keep in mind that most of the time it's Yamaha at my account, and not me. And also like Panda said, when I'm at Joy, I'm Joy and not Chocolate, so please respect that Icon_biggrin

..:: BR GM ::.. ..:: Player Relation Manager ::.. ..:: Event GM ::..
Vote for heRO :  Top100 top200
03-26-2007 08:15 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

okee strictly business Icon_biggrin
ooo choco/delish/joy full sensation xD

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
03-26-2007 08:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Auron Offline
GM-Dolly supreme

Here are all of my legit characters and keep in mind many people have access to my account so if you need a GM and you see one of these names online, just ask for me on main and I'll gladly help. Please try and do this for serious questions and not for begging thank you.Icon_wink

- Sir Aun
- Uren
- Sylvatir
- munni
- Agnor
- Lodoss
- Nagato
- cartorama
- Zenpachi

The Legendary Joe Wrote:
Kaoreii Wrote:auron-sama is the forum cleaner :D
Dolly Extrodinair, GM of Many sizes, and Forum Janitor =o
That's me. Icon_biggrin[Image: GM-Auron.gif]
03-26-2007 09:16 PM
razoredge Offline
Poring Head Knight

so in short no:

oi gm gif itenz plis... +10 nao... y u no gif ): u no tru gm. etc...

GM PLIS! GM PLIS! GM PLIS! GM PLIS! GM PLIS! GM PLIS! GM PLIS! GM PLIS! GM PLIS! GM PLIS! GM PLIS! GM PLIS! GM PLIS! GM PLIS! GM PLIS!

and more of:

Hi Icon_biggrin
How're you today?
Well goodluck hunting
Enjoy playing today and thanks for taking the time to chat Icon_biggrin...

It amazes me how many time I've gotten the first elsewhere <_<;; They're people, let them play regardless. x_X

[Image: razbannerow7.gif]
03-27-2007 10:34 AM
Stealth Offline
The Wind

Icon_biggrin i hope ppl just keep playing as well as ever, i may be on this server for little time, but i have that easiness on make friendship, and no one ever disappointed me, be them players or GMs, or GMs on their players (sry for the portuguese but i have to say that xD) OL?????????? ENFERMEEEEEEEEEEEEIRA!! Icon_biggrin oh well, i think ppl here is mature and like u guys enough to let u have ur fun ;D and being GM or player, i just have to say what i say to everyone: needing help, just ask Icon_mrgreen

[Image: sign.jpg]
The silent wind blows serenely on your body... It  was your last feeling... Thou art dead...
03-28-2007 12:41 PM
Ryxingeir Offline
waffooo!!

GM-Pandora Wrote:However, an incident, with people following me and a friend around (with the help of the CP) convinced me that I personally don't like to be on the open.
Is not this and considerations during WoE why the "Who's Online" feature of the CP was disabled originally? i had seen it was up the other week when i decided to check and see if the CP was working again and was quite curious as to why it was enabled again x.x

in regard to the identities of the GMs, i personally have no stake in who they are - so i see no reason to worry so hyperactively as some of my associates as to their "identities", the GMs are the GMs

(keep up the good work GM Team /no1)

[Image: so2vjd.png]

[Yuri - baby assassin]  [Coral Ways - high wizard]
03-30-2007 05:46 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

For those of you who didn't know, my main character is a sniper called Huntress (I also have Smithress, Alchemistress and Princess.. yes I lack imagination lol). It's all 100% legit, I've been playing Huntress for over a year already and it's my only trans. GMing keeps me busy enough that I only play casually, sometimes with long off-time periods.

I didn't wanna tell mainly because I want to be treated as any other player (not better nor worst), I like to just be myself every once in a while. I'm not here to brag about being a GM, if I'm playing I just wanna have some fun and forget about all troubles.

I decided to tell everyone equally here because a lot of people know already, and for the most part its the people that I would prefer didn't know and some are being a pest about it, so might as well tell everyone lol.

I don't see it as a crime to be playing, I think I deserve some free time. I do a lot for the server even tough some of you may not realise it since a lot of the stuff I do is in the background. I pay for it for starters, but there's lots more.

PM me on Huntress about GM business and die!! Not litterally, but seriously don't bother me, if you need something that only I can take of, PM on forum or wait for my GM to be online.

I'm a human being. I have opinions. I have my bad days. I have feelings. Just like ANY of you. I never claimed to be perfect.

As Pandora, I love just about every player (with the exception of rule breakers), I try to be nice to everyone and set a good example to all. As Huntress, I don't like everyone, I am entitled to having opinions. I wish I loved everyone, but I don't. Mostly what goes around comes around, I don't usually dislike someone for no reason (and woe is not a reason, I'm prefectly friendly with some of the people I woe against). I'm not immune to prejudice, neither are you. But it's fine, you don't have to like me, just as I don't have to either. But every player owes respect, not just to the GMs but also to every other player, it's the first rule of the server for good reasons.

This goes for everyone, myself included. I don't always hold my tongue when on player character, if I have ever hurt your feelings, please receive my sincere appologies.

From now on, let's all be nice? ^_^ Peace FTW. Hero is not a drama server! Icon_smile

~ Server Admin ~
05-27-2007 09:11 PM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

AHA lol i never knew you were huntress. i remember when i learned that skill i never use and was anxious for huntress to log in so i could tell her about it lol.
or the time i switched over to hi vitality on my knight and was tankin two guys in some castle and you whipped right in behind me and one shotted me lol.Or when i really was wanting a certain weapon and huntress said shed do it for me after woe and i didnt wanna be a nusicance but i didnt want her to forget either so should i pm and remind her or not lol.Good memorable momments for me Icon_razz.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2007 09:28 PM by ShadesOfBlue.)
05-27-2007 09:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply